English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 July 2007, 15:23   #1
mtb

Organizing adf/rom collection

Hello,

actually i have some cds full of adf, adz, zipped adf, and so on.

As i would like to copy 6 or 7 cd ( some 5 years old, 1 magnex is already damaged at the end ) to a single dvd I would like to organize in a better way. Now every cd has the dir amiga with games, the dir amiga with programs, amiga demo and so on. Maybe there are even dupes. Suggestions?

Point 2, together with amiga stuffs, i have also not so few roms for nes, snes, megadrive, a2600 and so on... And even something like 70 mame roms, that maybe are no more working with newer emus...

I can copy everything on dvd making a dir for every cd ( cd1 cd2 cd3 and so on ) with the original content, or i can do something better, iirc there was a renamer or something like that... I don't recall the name.

Thank you in advance.
Old 17 July 2007, 16:03   #2
Anubis
Retro Gamer

There is more then one renaming tool, and there is more then one DAT for most of the systems. You have to choose what you're going to follow, but I don't suggest deletion of stuff that is not recognized (yet)!!!

Also there is another option, send CD's to some good soul to organize it for you.
Old 17 July 2007, 19:10   #3
mtb

Thank you, so they are called "renaming tool". Just tried Good Windows ( an interface to command line good tools, there are for almost every console ) and just it crashes, a .net version and seems to do nothing ( the disk is not working, i don't know what it's doing but there is a jellyfish moving in the window... )...

For amiga, what tool can i try?

Quote:
Also there is another option, send CD's to some good soul to organize it for you.
If the renaming tool situation is so sad, i'll simply copy them...
Old 17 July 2007, 19:14   #4
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Try CrlMamePro.

I'm sure that Tosec team can point you in right direction with DATs.