English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 31 May 2011, 03:26   #1
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Amiga Premium and Cloanto

Hi all..

Has anyone here had troubles with Cloanto emails? or lack of support ?

I've emailed them three or four times regarding my order of AF (premium) 2011 + C64, its been 4 weeks and have had no reply from them and no package(s) in the mail, even though its comes of my Credit card
Old 31 May 2011, 22:53   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi AF,

Is this the first time you have ordered from Cloanto?

I have bought from them on several occasions and each time a physical package (i.e. CD/DVD as distinct from a download) was involved, a long wait ensued before its arrival. The problem is always worse immediately following a new release. However, the package has always arrived eventually.

Emails suffer similarly, but if it turns out that you have had to wait for an extended period of time for delivery you may well find that a free gift has been enclosed for you when it arrives.
Old 31 May 2011, 23:06   #3
gulliver
BoingBagged

And also, you need to understand that the italian CustomĀ“s is extremely burocratic and slow.

As an example, see on ebay how many international sellers refuse to ship to Italy.
Old 01 June 2011, 21:28   #4
antonvaltaz

I've heard of a few occasions where people have had to wait, but as Prowler says, they often try to compensate if they have caused real inconvenience.

You might want to try them at their Facebook page too: http://www.facebook.com/AmigaForever - they seem to respond there too.
Old 03 June 2011, 05:54   #5
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Af

ok thanks..

I just hope i get it before xmas , as my birthdays just gone.

Might just use the downloaded version for now.
Old 03 June 2011, 14:27   #6
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
And also, you need to understand that the italian CustomĀ“s is extremely burocratic and slow.

As an example, see on ebay how many international sellers refuse to ship to Italy.
I thought people refuse to ship there due to massive theft of mail
Old 03 June 2011, 15:41   #7
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I thought people refuse to ship there due to massive theft of mail
Yes, indeed that is another valid reason.

I have a friend in Italy, and whenever we send things back and forth, we get a delay of about two months on the italian side (confirmed being the italian side the problematic, using tracked mail). And yes, we had one or two packages "lost"
Old 07 June 2011, 14:07   #8
mcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_Forever View Post
I've emailed them three or four times
Did you receive the reply a couple of days ago? I wasn't sure it was you.

It explains what happened and what we are doing to try solve the problem at the root.

Mike
Old 12 June 2011, 01:39   #9
Aria

I also recently ordered Amiga Forever Premium + and had I known it could take 2 months or more to get the product, I might have looked at other options.

They really should warn consumers about the potential delay in shipping. My question is, why do they even use this company to ship if they have such a terrible track record?

Btw sorry hello to all, old time amiga fan new amiga forever user!

Old 16 June 2011, 07:36   #10
mcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
My question is, why do they even use this company to ship if they have such a terrible track record?
First of all, apologies for the delay you described.

It's probably 3 or 4 years now that we've been considering and reconsidering options for fulfillment. Some service providers only ship by courier, and that would be too expensive, often costing more than the product ordered. Other providers need some minimum quantities, and the volumes we have are too small for them. Some providers ship by air mail, but then add $xx on top of that, so it ends up almost as expensive as an international courier. In other scenarios there are international billing and customs complications.

Overwhelmingly, shipments are delivered fine, and even when you order the physical package you get an instant download with the installer, so there are no delays for that. But we too suffer when hearing stories such as these. It's not what I would want the customer experience to be, and I am grateful for reports like these.

Delays can happen for many reasons, not only on the service, postal or customs side. Occasionally a payment isn't completed or notified properly, yet it looked like the order was complete on the e-commerce site. So we keep providing feedback to the e-commerce provider too. When we hear of a delay we ship directly, also on Saturdays. If you look at the postage, it is usually subsidized (more expensive than what was billed). But still, it would be done best by a company specializing in that, and shipping real time at good rates.

A number of new providers have emerged recently, with on-demand manufacturing and warehouses in the US, Europe and Asia. We started setting up the products with one of them last year, and it's being tested, so I hope that this will result in some great changes soon. Any alternatives you would like to recommend, feel free to drop a message!

Thanks,

Mike
Old 17 October 2011, 04:37   #11
dcms61
David Stevens

I received my package in five to six weeks after I ordered it and I live in the USA on the East coast.
Old 17 October 2011, 20:33   #12
dirkies
Zone Friend

I once ordered with Cloanto (to Luxembourg), never had an issue, only took 2 weeks or so.