English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 14 June 2018, 13:17   #1
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

General TV series discussions

Similar like topic about movie, here is topic about tv series.

Recently I saw Altered Carbon (2018), series based on Richard Morgan's novel. Well made dystopian future that of course went step further compared to all dystopian tv movie series. (Rated TV-MA)

8/10

Lost in Space (2018) - Remake of 60's same name TV show, well made with bit of diplomacy, drama and some good visuals and SCG scenes. If you like science fiction, worth watching, but be aware that show is PG rating, so be ready to be disappointed at times.

7/10
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 June 2018, 20:37   #2
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Time to visit Defenders, Marvel Universe series that Netflix produced over past 3 years.

Daredevil (Season 1)
First in Defender serial that shaped other series that will come later. Character of Daredevil / Matt Murdock well played by Charlie Cox, and first series that included Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page. On defender list, probably mine 2nd most liked. 8/10

Jessica Jones
Probably least liked in series, but not due to Krysten Ritter as main character, but rather due to Kilgrave character portrayed by David Tennant. They made it into whole series, while imho it should have been only miniseries. 6/10

Daredevil (Season 2)
While all characters already appear settled in, 2 new characters will shape things to come. Punisher (Jon Bernthal) and Daredevil's Ex - Elektra (√Člodie Yung) gave second season spin in right direction. 7.5/10

Luke Cage
Interesting addition to Defenders, with good background story. Mike Colter fit role perfectly. Some interesting scenes with him and Jessica Jones...
7/10

Iron Fist
Introduction of character that has somewhat Batmen background in Defenders. Fight to get his heritage back while preparing ground for Defenders together. Did I mention he knows Kung Fu?
7/10

The Defenders
Finally all super heroes together, but what makes this series special is actually villain - Sigourney Weaver as Alexandra Reid. Interesting ending makes it OK to watch. 8/10

The Punisher
While character was introduced in second season of Daredevil, Punisher is covering background story behind this character. Probably my favorite of the bunch, probably because of the sidekick role of David Liberman (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) that made series into more fun to watch. 8.5/10

Of course, this is bit biased as I like Marvel Universe and characters created in it. I did not watch Jessica Jones season 2, and next week they will release Luke Cage season 2. I love that all series share interchangeable characters and that they complement each other. Some of them were annoying at the time, but watchable and for science fiction fun, enjoyable.
Old 19 June 2018, 20:43   #3
Ian
Global Moderator

Well, I thought Iron Fist was complete and utter shite, as Danny Rand was supposed to be the kung fu master, and couldn't fight lol.

Hopefully with Iron Fist season 2 he's managed to get some training in and is more believable in the fight scenes.
Old 19 June 2018, 20:51   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Well, I thought Iron Fist was complete and utter shite, as Danny Rand was supposed to be the kung fu master, and couldn't fight lol.

Hopefully with Iron Fist season 2 he's managed to get some training in and is more believable in the fight scenes.
That was my feeling through series a bit too, and just somewhat broken personality through series... but still watchable.

Wonder if villain for second season will be someone we saw in first season.
Old 19 June 2018, 20:54   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

Itll be someone from the hand as we all know Danny wants to kill them all, even the ones pretending to be good lol

They've kinda set it up for the woman to be the bad guy this time, his former sister and his former friend from the hidden place
AdSense AdSense