English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 December 2005, 10:08   #1
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Karaoke & CDTV / CD32

I know that the two Amiga CD "consoles" can play CD&G karaoke CD's out of the box, but what I was wondering is if either console had a Mic input for audio overlay or did you need that functionality in an external amp?

Anyone know a good source of Amiga compatible karaoke CD&G disks?
Old 02 December 2005, 11:11   #2
woody57

While its certainly true I have seen upgraded Amiga 1200's used as MIDI karoke players using a similar interphase as the Van Bascoes PC player .

I have NEVER seen any Amiga actually handle original Karaoke Sunfly or other CD&G's

In any case you would need a seperate mike input with additional Fx balance controls to mix the straight vocal output with the FX vocal output .

Built in old fashioned "bucket line delay" on cheap mixers is NOT recomended { UNLESS you want everyone to sound like a robotic Elvis }. But more recent low end cost Berhinger desks have a decent digital delay built in along with studio quality mike inputs and main/record & montior outs. That can be driven through domestic HI-FI aux inputs.

If you can do this alexh there are a few ...erm ...sites that have the files for download

And if your desperate then I can send you the links in PM as my youngest daughter has dl'd a quite a few ....but like so many sites that are questionable they seem to be on the move a lot