English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 January 2013, 20:58   #61
elowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yes, Netsurf should have installed these libs... You can copy them from the libs drawer in the Netsurf archive. Might be a good idea to copy the contents of the C, L and Devs drawers as well.
Don't know anything about fs-uae - are you emulating an FPU? This is required by Netsurf.
TTF_Manager comes with AfAOS and should have been installed in prefs.
One problem was a missing "68040.library", i managed to fix this. Now, Netsurf start up (looking good with AISS) but could not resolve any web-sites... (Aweb and iBrowse worked). Ixemul-lib is installed, version 63.1 in drawer LIBS

And, when clicking on the textfield (the place where you type in www.google.de for example) - Netsurf crashes

edit: it crashes on every click - except when clicking the toolbar icons...

(it doesn´t matter if left or right-clicking...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nnt.gif
Views:	287
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	34087  

Last edited by elowan; 30 January 2013 at 22:01.
Old 30 January 2013, 22:56   #62
elowan

Quote:
You can get the needed library here:

http://stephan-rupprecht.de/downloads/WBStartEmu.lha

Your WBStartup++ icon tooltypes should look something like this:
Attachment 34006

You need to have "Disabled" and "Enabled" drawers in your WBStartup drawer. )
I´ve "switched from FS-uae to Win-uae" and i got a big speed increase. Now, the icons, WBStart++ displays are gone tooooo quick. Is there a way to slow that down a bit? I saw the "Delay" option, but this is not the right one.
Old 31 January 2013, 12:26   #63
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowan View Post
Is the "outlinefont trick" used for the Os 4.1´s Icon / WB text?
Yes.

Quote:
Ok, i did like you said, but i have no idea what to do select for "Codepage"
Should i type in "858" for european codepage with € - symbol?
No, you have to select a text file with the correct mappings - I didn't do this as I am using the defaults. I think these are the ones you can use:

ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/

8859-15 Look like the best for you...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-15

Quote:
edit: it crashes on every click - except when clicking the toolbar icons...
(it doesn´t matter if left or right-clicking...)
Strange, maybe running SnoopDos will give you a clue as to what is happening when it crashes.

http://aminet.net/util/moni/SnoopDos.lha

Quote:
I´ve "switched from FS-uae to Win-uae" and i got a big speed increase. Now, the icons, WBStart++ displays are gone tooooo quick. Is there a way to slow that down a bit? I saw the "Delay" option, but this is not the right one.
That is exactly what happens with OS4.1.
There is not much that can be done. Launching more programs at startup will slow it down a bit more. Reducing the tasks Priority (Icon Information) might slow it down a little...
Old 01 February 2013, 18:03   #64
elowan

hi James, i´ve downloaded the codepage textfile and set the paths up, like in my screenshot of the TTF-Manager.

I thought, the "Quit" button will change to "Install" or something like that.. but when i selected all the files/paths... nothing happens.

How can i start the installation of the new fonts, then?!
Old 01 February 2013, 18:41   #65
James

Quote:
I thought, the "Quit" button will change to "Install" or something like that.. but when i selected all the files/paths... nothing happens.
How can i start the installation of the new fonts, then?!
It's not as quick and easy as that unfortunately. You have to double click on each font and install them one at a time.
Old 02 February 2013, 17:10   #66
elowan

Ah, ok - so it may take a while

Here are some lines from SnoopDOS output, regarding Netsurf. I´ll cropped out the lines, that are "FAIL(ed)", maybe this gives you a clue or a hint to follow?

For the Fonts: i did the install, like you suggested. But they´re ... uuhmm.. not crips and clear (see screenshot). In AfAos prefs i can choose "Text" and Reduce antialias... but it dont seem to adjust a thing. What could i do / install to make the fonts look sharper?

Some of them got no preview in TTF_Manager "Arial Black, Impact, Webdings" - so i left them out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.gif
Views:	217
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	34128   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	268
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	34129   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.gif
Views:	244
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	34130   Click image for larger version

Name:	ttf.gif
Views:	403
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	34131  

Last edited by elowan; 02 February 2013 at 18:38.
Old 02 February 2013, 19:57   #67
lukassid

Interesting thread. Can somebody upload that 4.1 wallpaper in 16 colours 640x512 to the zone?
Cheers

Last edited by lukassid; 02 February 2013 at 20:18.
Old 03 February 2013, 13:24   #68
James

Quote:
Here are some lines from SnoopDOS output, regarding Netsurf. I´ll cropped out the lines, that are "FAIL(ed)", maybe this gives you a clue or a hint to follow?
ixnet.library fail - did you copy it to Libs: from the Netsurf archive?
usergroup.library fail - did you not install Genesis from the OS3.9 CD? An old version of the library is also in the Netsurf archive. Make sure you have AmiTCP: assigned to Libs: if you want to use this one. Also make sure that Tcp is in Devs/DOSDrivers/ and inet-handler is in L:

Quote:
For the Fonts: i did the install, like you suggested. But they´re ... uuhmm.. not crips and clear (see screenshot). In AfAos prefs i can choose "Text" and Reduce antialias... but it dont seem to adjust a thing. What could i do / install to make the fonts look sharper?
AfAOS prefs should work... usually to make things worse.
I have Reduce Antialiasing and Enhance Contrast set to 0.
Also remember that those default font sizes are to allow for low resolution screens. You could scale them up to 15/16/16 at least.
Backgrounds also have an effect - too light or too dark will reduce readability.
Old 03 February 2013, 17:14   #69
elowan

Ok, i set fonts for icons to "14" and now they are clear and sharp
I also re-installed TCP-IP from Os 3.9 CD and voila .. i am typing this via Netsurf.

Only thing is, for example google.de seems to be polish language.

I deleted miami and ami tcp ip stack, because some other folks from this boad said, its not needed and may interfer with the emulated bsdsocket.... guess it was not the case

Now, i can go on to the next point of my list: ReqAttack. You send me your configuration, can you tell, how to install it or what to copy over from it?

Best regards and thank you for help, very much!

I am getting close to my goal
Old 04 February 2013, 16:42   #70
James

Quote:
Only thing is, for example google.de seems to be polish language.
Clicking on the Netsurf prefs button should open the configfile in editpad.
If not, you can open it yourself - Netsurf/Resources/Options. You can try changing these lines:

accept_languagel
accept_charset:ISO-8859-2

Quote:
Now, i can go on to the next point of my list: ReqAttack. You send me your configuration, can you tell, how to install it or what to copy over from it?
Just extract the whole thing to SYS:
Even if you have installed ReqAttack elsewhere you can then drop the ReqAttack directory into the same folder (show all to see it).
E.g. if you have installed ReqAttack to SYS:Utilities/ then drop the folder in SYS: onto your Utilities folder. Check my previous post on this for more info.

Quote:

Best regards and thank you for help, very much!

I am getting close to my goal
Old 04 February 2013, 17:26   #71
elowan

Ok, i copy th efiles like this:

I got MUI an "Work", so i copy your MUI folder over mine.
I got ENV folder on my main disk SYS:, so i put your ENV folder there, same for the Prefs folder.

I copied my ReqAttack folder to SYS:Utilities, Reqattack and the same after this for your folder.

In WBStartup++ i put your ReqAttack program into Enabled.. but its still not working... I will try to re-install Reqattack and then copy your files over, like i described above.

Would be very nice, to get this working - its one of the last steps to do

Last edited by elowan; 04 February 2013 at 18:19.
Old 04 February 2013, 18:50   #72
lukassid

elaowan
after you finish your quest could you write step by step guide for others?
cheers mate.
Old 04 February 2013, 21:39   #73
elowan

Yes lukassid, i´ll write a few things down.

@James

Ok, i copied everything again and now, i got some success. Please see the attachement and comment, if it´s ok or not.

The next step should be to get rid of the old "Ramdisk icon" and replace it with a new one. This is not that easy to manage, i guess?
First, i need the icon (see Attachement #2) and then find a way, to replace the old one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	req.gif
Views:	323
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	34175  
Attached Images

Last edited by elowan; 05 February 2013 at 09:13.
Old 05 February 2013, 10:30   #74
elowan

I worked on another conversion-step: def-icons. I changed some of them (most replacements are still missing, for example for the different audiofiles, etc) but anyways... I started to replace some with CopyIcon.

I thought, the system now displays the new icons, instead of the old ones - but it doesn´t

For example, i replaced "def_library" with a new icon (see attachement), but still all (library)files got the old icon. Same for new folders, etc.

Aren´t the "def_icons" the system defaults (placeholders)?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	deficon.gif
Views:	348
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	34177  
Old 05 February 2013, 17:37   #75
James

Quote:
Ok, i copied everything again and now, i got some success. Please see the attachement and comment, if it´s ok or not.
Well that is my default about requester. You appear to have skipped the ROM updates. With a 3.9 ROM you should get the same requester as me - or you could change the ReqAttack preferences from 3.9 to 3.1.

Quote:
The next step should be to get rid of the old "Ramdisk icon" and replace it with a new one. This is not that easy to manage, i guess?
It is very easy - it is just a def_icon. You just can't see it because it is a disk icon. You can use a program like DirOpus4 or ClassAction to see these. (def_ram, def_cdo, def_df0, def_pc0 e.t.c.) You can just copy the icons you want into env-archive to replace them. If they are of a different type you can change them to disk type afterwards.

You can link the Ram Disk icon with it's deficon by adding this line to your user-startup:

C:MakeLink RAM:disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info soft

Then you can snapshot it's position and change it's image like other icons.

Quote:
I worked on another conversion-step: def-icons. I changed some of them (most replacements are still missing, for example for the different audiofiles,
There are lots of audio def_icons in the def_tunenet drawer of this archive:

http://www.masonicons.info/resources/mi_2011_01.lha

Quote:
I thought, the system now displays the new icons, instead of the old ones - but it doesn´t

For example, i replaced "def_library" with a new icon (see attachement), but still all (library)files got the old icon. Same for new folders, etc.

Aren´t the "def_icons" the system defaults (placeholders)?
You need to reboot or replace them in Env: as well. Not all of them will work though as the default DefIcons prefs are rubbish. E.g to get prefs files to show the right image you must find the Pref entry in DefIcons preferences and change it to Prefs (to match def_prefs) then it needs moving much higher up the list to ensure it is not recognised as something else first. I also found that PDF needed to be put higher up. I have made quite a few changes to my DefIcons prefs but it still needs a lot of work...
Old 05 February 2013, 20:11   #76
elowan

Quote:
Well that is my default about requester. You appear to have skipped the ROM updates. With a 3.9 ROM you should get the same requester as me - or you could change the ReqAttack preferences from 3.9 to 3.1.
Is this update in BoingBag4 or do you mean a extracted kickstart 3.9 ROM?

Quote:
It is very easy - it is just a def_icon. You just can't see it because it is a disk icon. You can use a program like DirOpus4 or ClassAction to see these. (def_ram, def_cdo, def_df0, def_pc0 e.t.c.) You can just copy the icons you want into env-archive to replace them. If they are of a different type you can change them to disk type afterwards.

You can link the Ram Disk icon with it's deficon by adding this line to your user-startup:

C:MakeLink RAM:disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info soft

Then you can snapshot it's position and change it's image like other icons.
I got ClassAction installed and will try to follow this steps, as soon as i got the ram disk icon replacement.

Quote:
There are lots of audio def_icons in the def_tunenet drawer of this archive:

http://www.masonicons.info/resources/mi_2011_01.lha
Thank you, i´ve downloaded it But i miss the def_icons for mpeg, avi, font, bmp, brush,lha - do you know, where to find them?

Quote:
You need to reboot or replace them in Env: as well. Not all of them will work though as the default DefIcons prefs are rubbish. E.g to get prefs files to show the right image you must find the Pref entry in DefIcons preferences and change it to Prefs (to match def_prefs) then it needs moving much higher up the list to ensure it is not recognised as something else first. I also found that PDF needed to be put higher up. I have made quite a few changes to my DefIcons prefs but it still needs a lot of work...
Uhmm, this gives me a bit headache....

"get prefs files to show the right image you must find the Pref entry in DefIcons preferences and change it to Prefs (to match def_prefs) then it needs moving much higher up the list to ensure it is not recognised as something else first."

not sure, i get the meaning of it, sorry - i´ll try this later on

Last edited by elowan; 05 February 2013 at 20:31.
Old 06 February 2013, 19:59   #77
James

Quote:
Is this update in BoingBag4 or do you mean a extracted kickstart 3.9 ROM?
No, it's Devs/AmigaOS ROM Update - installed with OS3.9 and updated in BB2. It should be installed by Setpatch in your startup-sequence.

Quote:
Thank you, i´ve downloaded it But i miss the def_icons for mpeg, avi, font, bmp, brush,lha - do you know, where to find them?
Not sure about these ones, will see if I can find them...
Old 09 February 2013, 18:04   #78
elowan

here is my startup-sequence file (see attachement)

Only text, that has something to do with "setpatch" is "SetPatch QUIET"
Can you tell, if it´s ok?
If not, is there a way to install this 3.9 rom patch to this system?

For the def-icons... i´ve changed most of them in ENV:SYS folder (still missing all the avi, mpeg, lha icons), you say i must copy them all to ENV: ? Or did i get this wrong?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	start.gif
Views:	340
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	34225  
Old 11 February 2013, 14:31   #79
James

Quote:
Only text, that has something to do with "setpatch" is "SetPatch QUIET"
Can you tell, if it´s ok?
If not, is there a way to install this 3.9 rom patch to this system?
Make sure you have "AmigaOS ROM Update" in Devs and that it has not been renamed to something like AmigaOS_ROM_Update. You could also check what version of SetPatch you have (version c:SetPatch) - should be 44.38.
Old 12 February 2013, 20:18   #80
elowan

I got "AmigaOS ROM Update" in Devs, Version 44.26 (09-17-00) and i also got "AmigaOS ROM Update.BB39-2" in this drawer
Setpach is version 44.38

I want to change the disk-icons with ClassAction, but this program seems to be broken (buttons without text, see attachement)
And it doesn´t show the picture of the icons, just a file-list. I found no way to set something like and icon-view in the classaction prefs...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	class.gif
Views:	256
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	34247  

Last edited by elowan; 12 February 2013 at 21:06.