English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 19 October 2009, 17:11   #1
Jonathan Drain

Dynablaster clone featuring Dragonball characters?

I remember playing a Dynablaster/Bomberman clone featuring Goku and Krillin from the original Dragonball series. It must have arrived either on a CU Amiga CD, Aminet, or a PD disk.

The game is just like Dynablaster, but the characters are Goku (spiky black hair and orange outfit) and Krillin (bald with six dots on his forehead). Additionally, dragonballs (orange spheres with small red stars in the middle) appeared as win markers or something.

Did I hallucinate this game? Is it real? What's it called and where did I get it?
Old 19 October 2009, 19:54   #2
Cammy

I've never seen a game like that on the Amiga, but that would be cool! I guess it's possible that someone could have made a Dragonball Z theme for Dynamite, I know there's a generic Manga one, a Simpsons one and a few other cartoon-based themes. There's no DBZ one on the official site though - http://amisource.de/dynamite/stylorama.php

Good luck finding it, and if you do, let us know. I'd love to try another DBZ-themed fangame.
Old 03 January 2010, 02:20   #3
BoRoS

Smile

Hi, this game is real ! But like you, I search the name of this game !
If I find something, I tell you

Old 21 November 2011, 21:13   #4
Jonathan Drain

It can't be Dynamite that I played, as I only had an unaccelerated A600 at the time and Dynamite requires an 020. Here are some other things I remember:

o You can play with four players. I'm guessing you were meant to use the parallel port adaptor for this. The other two characters are palette-swapped Goku and Krillin wearing white outfits. (It may be that Krillin, the bald character, normally wore white and his palette-swapped version wore orange.)

o I don't think there was a computer-controlled opponent. It's local multiplayer only.

o It most likely came on either Aminet 7, Aminet Set 3, or a CU Amiga cover-CD. I didn't have the Internet at the time.
Old 06 August 2014, 13:42   #5
mala04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
I remember playing a Dynablaster/Bomberman clone featuring Goku and Krillin from the original Dragonball series. It must have arrived either on a CU Amiga CD, Aminet, or a PD disk.

The game is just like Dynablaster, but the characters are Goku (spiky black hair and orange outfit) and Krillin (bald with six dots on his forehead). Additionally, dragonballs (orange spheres with small red stars in the middle) appeared as win markers or something.

Did I hallucinate this game? Is it real? What's it called and where did I get it?
Dyna Blaster Special Battleā€¦
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyna.png
Views:	439
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	40826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyna2.png
Views:	212
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	40827