English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 September 2004, 12:53   #1
Paul
RIP Friends

CD32-Allianz introduces CDTV-registration

"13 years after the CDTV/CD-1000's (Commodore Dynamic Total Vision) market launch, this Amiga computer still stands the test of time. Back then Commodore was far ahead of its time with the idea behind the CDTV, which is something we can benefit from even today in the year 2004, as the CDTV is used in many homes as a CD-player next to a DVD-player or similar devices."

Read More...

Source: amiga.org

Last edited by Paul; 21 September 2004 at 13:00.
Old 21 September 2004, 12:55   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
13 years after the CDTV/CD-1000's (Commodore Dynamic Total Vision) market launch, this Amiga computer still stands the test of time. Back then Commodore was far ahead of its time with the idea behind the CDTV,which is something we can benefit from even today in the year 2004, as the CDTV is used in many homes as a CD-player next to a DVD-player or similar devices.

In case playing back AudioCDs isn't enough for you, the CDTV can be expanded with the MAS-Player Pro to play the wide-spread MP3-format.

But the CDTV is capable of more than just playing back AudioCDs and MP3 tracks, with corresponding hardware better graphics, MPEG-decoding for (S)VCD movies, more memory and an ethernetport could be possible, and all of this could be realised on a circuit board for the CDTVs expansion slot. One should not forget what application area Commodore intended the CDTV to be used for: entertainment, presentation, encyclopedia andeducation.

Unfortunately, no new hardware expansion has been developed for the CDTV in quite a while. On the one hand, a lot of hardware companies turned away from the Amiga computer and on the other hand, it's hard to estimate how many people still actively use their CDTV. For this very reason, the CD32-Allianz decided to introduce a "CDTV registration" on our homepage to perhaps one day realise something in terms of hardware expansions. It's worth a try by all means!

Thus the favour I want to ask you, please support us, because we will only be able to move something and be strong as a "union"!

You can reach the CDTV registration via the following link:

http://cd32.emubase.de/?page=hardware/cdtv / Babelfish

On a side note we'd like to mention that our homepage can now be viewed at a screen resolution of 800x600 as well.

We will add a lot of updates in the near future, that's why we'd like to invite you to visit us from time to time.
Source: amiga.org

Last edited by Paul; 21 September 2004 at 13:04.
Old 21 September 2004, 12:58   #3
oldpx

It's not honest to say that a 13 year old piece of hardware can be used at homes with no hassle. That's the problem with most of the amiga world today, people are way too excited about amiga they can't see facts, being dishonest which is worse.

I didn't understand what the registration is about, the site is in German.

Old 21 September 2004, 13:26   #4
wlcina

I love my little Paula and Denise ;-)
Old 21 September 2004, 13:29   #5
Peanutuk

Aren't they basically trying to see how many people are actually using a CDTV as a means to gauge how successful a new piece of hardware would be?
Old 21 September 2004, 22:51   #6
Amiga1992

I think so.
But the request's tone I don't like, specially the "please support us to support Amiga!" bit, typical shite I grew tired of.