English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 October 2016, 21:25   #281
honx

how can i upload something in the zone?
//edit: nevermind, there is 20mb max., so i'm uploading it to sharemods.com

//edit: developer already downloaded hardfile, so link not necessary anymore.

most players are located in System:Apps with an corresponding folder. also your player is in there.
so you should have no problem finding anything on hardfile. some players are also located in dock.

//edit: i forgot to remove the two game-hardfiles and the share directory from config.
you may need to do that before booting into the system. sorry for that.
maybe there are also some assigns pointing to non-existent drives. just ignore them:

Last edited by honx; 02 November 2016 at 10:12.
Old 31 October 2016, 22:45   #282
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Your latest updates are nice but what I don't like is that you got into the preferences of MUI and then they can't be changed with MUI itself.
Old 19 December 2016, 04:13   #283
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Honx and Retrofan!

Sorry for the delay, really sorry...

I managed to reproduce the bug that Honx has been suffering! Now, I can work on fixing it

Retrofan, could you PM me the differences of behaviour... I don't recall changing anyting related to MUI/preferences...

Cheers!
Old 23 December 2016, 13:19   #284
DopPie
Zone Friend

Hi All,

I like to try this AmiModRadio. The idea sounds very good. However I cannot get it to work. It gurus on me.
I did the following:
1) Started the rexx master
2) Put my miami stack online
3) Started delitracker
4) Started amimodradio
5) Hit play.....
6) GURU!

What am I supposed to do to get this working?

Thanks.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND: I got it working. The icon info stack size needed to be changed to 30000. I thought that icon was in the archive. Isn't it a good idea to set the icon properly in the archive?

It works nicely. However, it leaves some files in T:. Maybe make a subdir there and flush that after playing a module.
Some other things I think miss is starting rexx master automatically when it is not running. Also a place to configure what player you use so it can start that automatically, would complete it I think.

Nonetheless it is a great tool as it is. Great work!

Last edited by DopPie; 23 December 2016 at 13:54.
Old 13 January 2017, 02:19   #285
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Honx and Retrofan!

Sorry for the delay, really sorry...

I managed to reproduce the bug that Honx has been suffering! Now, I can work on fixing it

Retrofan, could you PM me the differences of behaviour... I don't recall changing anyting related to MUI/preferences...

Cheers!
Old 13 January 2017, 02:21   #286
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi DopPie!

Very glad that you got AmiModRadio to work

Yes, good idea to change the stack in the icon in the archive, I thought that I did already, will double-check!

Sorry for the "left-overs", I noticed these forgotten files too but haven't tracked the bug yet... Good ideas for the rest, will see how to do it!

Cheers!
Old 14 January 2017, 01:15   #287
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry Tygre I don't have much time now and actually I'm trying to improve another new program for my distro.

AmiModRadio works pretty well with the older version it uses, so I'll need to find time, but I really don't have it by now (really very stressed at work these days).

Thanks a lot for improving it, I'll have to try the latest version further

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 January 2017 at 01:20.
Old 10 April 2017, 04:16   #288
tygre
Returning fan!

Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.997 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence!

You can take it from here, here, or here.

This version arrives after some software, hardware, and wetware problems... Most of these problems are being managed now so development should resume and release should happen more regularly This new release mostly includes bug fixes (#60, #61, #64, #67, #68, #69, #70. #73, #74, #75, and #76), stay tune for new features! Also, I want AmiModRadio to work on Honx's config... as well as on my A4000/30...

As usual, bug reports are always welcome here!

Cheers!

Last edited by tygre; 10 April 2017 at 04:21. Reason: Added bug numbers
Old 10 April 2017, 12:16   #289
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you tygre

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 31 May 2017 at 12:26.
Old 10 April 2017, 14:39   #290
honx

unfortunately this new version goes guru as i click on play button.
Old 10 April 2017, 15:09   #291
AMIGASYSTEM

Nothing has changed compared to before, difficult to understand, it could be "ilbm.datatytes", with snoopdos trying to figure out when it happens the block.
Old 10 April 2017, 15:44   #292
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
unfortunately this new version goes guru as i click on play button.
Hi Honx!

Yes, I am sorry about that, I haven't been able to fix this issue yet but the good news is that I can reproduce this Guru on two machines: yours (thanks!) and Tumo's so my next task is indeed to figure out what is happening!

Stay tuned!
Old 18 April 2017, 04:50   #293
tygre
Returning fan!

Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.998 of AmiModRadio as Easter bounty .

You can take it from here, here, or here.

This version includes a new source, The Module Archive. It currently only considers MOD files and mingle the file names but improvements are on their way! It also fixes several bugs, including #77, #78, and #79. In particular, it should fix problems faced by some users, including Honx and Tumo, as well as others who reported crashes upon exit!

As usual, bug reports are always welcome here!

Cheers!
Old 18 April 2017, 18:25   #294
honx

at least it doesn't go guru on clicking play right after program start. that's a progress.
but after clicking play button (aminet/mods preset) it takes foreeeeeeeeeever until it starts playing.
while and during this waiting game it seems like the program has crashed or at least completely frozen.
there is waiting mouse cursor and amimodradio doesn't react. only after begin playing, it reacts again.

if i click on forward button to get the next module, then amimodradio really freezes. and workbench as well.
freeze seems to occur occasionally, because after reboot i was able to skip 6 to 7 times until freezes again.

it shows some errors:
"Error in control_play_given_modules(...) could not...", can't read this one full, too quickly gone.
and another error says: "Error in ratings_get_all_ratings(...), could not get answer from serv."
Old 18 April 2017, 21:42   #295
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
but after clicking play button (aminet/mods preset) it takes foreeeeeeeeeever until it starts playing.
while and during this waiting game it seems like the program has crashed or at least completely frozen.
there is waiting mouse cursor and amimodradio doesn't react. only after begin playing, it reacts again.

if i click on forward button to get the next module, then amimodradio really freezes. and workbench as well.
freeze seems to occur occasionally, because after reboot i was able to skip 6 to 7 times until freezes again.

it shows some errors:
"Error in control_play_given_modules(...) could not...", can't read this one full, too quickly gone.
and another error says: "Error in ratings_get_all_ratings(...), could not get answer from serv."
This is my experience as well. It's great when it works, but I seem to spend a lot of time waiting with a locked up interface.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to give you debug information!
Old 18 April 2017, 22:47   #296
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Honx and Indigolemon!

Ah, these are great news: we are moving forward

Okay, the "frozen" interface before the error "Error in ratings_get_all_ratings(...), could not get answer from server" is actually "normal" because, currently, the rating server is down (again ). And the connection must timeout before AmiModRadio can resume its normal functioning... Hence the delay...

Now, the freezing when pushing the "Next" button is definitely not normal Does it happen also when running AmiModRadio like that:

In a Shell
Stack 32768
CD <in the folder of AmiModRadio>
AmiModRadio
2 (to play)
6 (for next)

Thanks for your help and patience!
Old 18 April 2017, 23:53   #297
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Just tried that, and aside from the ratings server messages, it's fast and skips module quickly running in the cli. However I forgot to start Eagle the first run, and it locked the whole machine as a result! Was a ctrl+a+a job!
Old 20 April 2017, 18:14   #298
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Just tried that, and aside from the ratings server messages, it's fast and skips module quickly running in the cli. However I forgot to start Eagle the first run, and it locked the whole machine as a result! Was a ctrl+a+a job!
Hi Indigolemon!

So, we know that the MUI interface creates some little problems...

Now, when you wrote that "I forgot to start Eagle", you mean that you haven't any player in your path, right? (So that I can reproduce this bug at home...)

Cheers!
Old 20 April 2017, 22:47   #299
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi Indigolemon!

So, we know that the MUI interface creates some little problems...

Now, when you wrote that "I forgot to start Eagle", you mean that you haven't any player in your path, right? (So that I can reproduce this bug at home...)

Cheers!
Exactly that, so I've been starting it manually to ensure the AREXX port is there. Recently reinstalled the miggy so still getting everything 100%!
Old 21 April 2017, 04:53   #300
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Exactly that, so I've been starting it manually to ensure the AREXX port is there. Recently reinstalled the miggy so still getting everything 100%!
Hi!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this crash: even if I ask the function that start the player to just "return" (i.e., no player is started), AmiModRadio behaves well and nicely says that it cannot find any player

Could you tell me more about your config., the steps... does AmiModRadio crashes each time?

Thanks!