English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 June 2019, 08:07   #61
buzzybee

@thairacer: Please keep me updated on the psv thing. If the psv emulator guys do not find a solution, I may do a very special version of RESHOOT R for you without intro. Have my doubts though that this really sorts everything for you, since the real complicated technical stuff runs elsewhere in the game ...

Last edited by buzzybee; 03 June 2019 at 08:13.
Old 03 June 2019, 08:36   #62
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One View Post
M9 updated and replaced the trainer with 4 options, this time the Highscores are disabled when trainer is activated. Somehow we remembered the discussion the developer started when the trainer for Reshoot was out. :-)

That's may be little too late, there's no guaranty that someone not use older trainer to make big score for online scores.

I'm not a fan of trainers overall, but in this case i'm somehow more "not fan".

Maybe i'm just nagging, but there is risk of it...
Old 03 June 2019, 08:52   #63
buzzybee

@Solo Kazuki: Don´t worry. RESHOOT R is designed in such a way that people who use musashi9s and Alpha Ones trainer may very well enter the global highscore table. But they will not enter the top spots, because they won´t build up the necessary skills.

Having said that, I would have appreciated musashi9 and Alpha One getting in contact with me prior to messing with my code, even it was only as a symbol of respect. We could have discussed the side effects of a trained version and why it could spoil the fun for a lot of people - this way, the trainer (if they so desperately need to code one) would have blocked access to the highscore table from day one.
Old 03 June 2019, 11:31   #64
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
@Solo Kazuki: Don´t worry. RESHOOT R is designed in such a way that people who use musashi9s and Alpha Ones trainer may very well enter the global highscore table. But they will not enter the top spots, because they won´t build up the necessary skills.

Having said that, I would have appreciated musashi9 and Alpha One getting in contact with me prior to messing with my code, even it was only as a symbol of respect. We could have discussed the side effects of a trained version and why it could spoil the fun for a lot of people - this way, the trainer (if they so desperately need to code one) would have blocked access to the highscore table from day one.

Physically your code wasn't touched, no files have been altered in any way. So why should people ask an game author for the permission to do a trainer? Since the existence of computer games, trained versions are available. I don't think any gamecompany had been asked before in the past, it's an essential element when it comes to gaming. And as a 'symbol of respect' M9 removed the highscores and I personally bought the game. :-)

Last edited by Alpha One; 03 June 2019 at 11:36.
Old 03 June 2019, 18:34   #65
Puggsy
Banned

Quote:
Having said that, I would have appreciated musashi9 and Alpha One getting in contact with me prior to messing with my code
Errrr that is not how the crack/trainer scene works mate.
Old 03 June 2019, 20:28   #66
carrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggsy View Post
Errrr that is not how the crack/trainer scene works mate.
Glad somebody said that

But I also totally understand Richard. Being active (veteran? sorry for the pun intended) on both c64 and amiga scenes the only thing that stops me doing C64 (my beloved machine) game yet is the crackers scene. I hate them, but we have to live with them.
Actually the fact is that IMO Amiga crack scene is not even at 10% of the C64 crack scene nowadays if that helps a bit, and that all this together makes me move to do Amiga game dev instead of C64 one.
So in case you wonder who am I pls check this out:
https://retronavigator.com/post/1853...-2d-amiga-game
and also my (cArrion) CSDB and Lemon64 profiles.

But again Richard and Alpha One. I understand both sides of this discussion, and that's why it makes so difficult for me
Old 03 June 2019, 20:45   #67
buzzybee

@Puggsy: I think I know how the scenes tick. Have been on Amiga since 1987 and was part of the Amiga Joker-team which had some stakes in the scene.

@Alpha One: Appreciate very much that you are not afraid of establishing a contact – and that purchased the game, of course. Hope you enjoy it!

What I really wanted to say is: I´d have appreciated some kind of note that a trainer is available prior to its release, or in time with the release. Just so I know when someone mentions it. We are not kids anymore, and no member of the scene may claim to be a Robin Hood who "fights an industry giant" like maybe in the 80s or 90s.

But that was yesteryear. We live in 2019.

Nowadays we are all part of a tiny community, and if we meet at Revision we should be able to look into each others eyes and stand tall for what we do. That´s just my naive wish, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 03 June 2019, 22:29   #68
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4384
Old 04 June 2019, 16:40   #69
Puggsy
Banned

Quote:
@Puggsy: I think I know how the scenes tick. Have been on Amiga since 1987 and was part of the Amiga Joker-team which had some stakes in the scene.
How is being part of a magazine being in any way connected to the cracking scene?
And if you are whining about a cracker not : asking you for permission" to train your game it really doesn't seem like you understand it.

Big ups on your work on your game but you're sorely mistaken on this point. Would you also require "permission" for a WHDLoad install maker to make an install for your game????
Old 04 June 2019, 18:52   #70
kikems

In the C64 scene like in CSDB release trainers every day and it's normal since 30 years. One thing is create a trainer and share ( I think it's part of Amiga/C64 gaming culture ) and other thing is make warez of actual releases. Confuse trainer with warez today it's an error.
For me the trainer are welcome. If I´ll release a game in the future, will be an honor that old amiga sceners/crackers make a trainer or good cracktro for my game.
Old 04 June 2019, 22:01   #71
funK

Just received my Signature Edition: awesome packaging and design all around, great work to all the people involved.

Quote:

Old 04 June 2019, 22:34   #72
BarryB
Amigaholic

Waiting for mine to arrive
Old 04 June 2019, 22:57   #73
Ebster

Is it only me or is there a noise when always when the disc is accessed on a real CD32?

I got this on two different consoles, no issues on a CD-Rom equipped A1200 and also no issues on the HD Install.
Old 04 June 2019, 23:58   #74
buzzybee

@Predseda: Ah, RESHOOT R on Lemonamiga. Can there possibly be a bigger honor? Go, vote for it! :-)

@funK: We spent quite a bit of time and money on the packaging, and so I am glad you like it!

@Ebster: Heard about this CD32-only topic from two other sources. I am currently looking into it and will seek a solution.
Old 05 June 2019, 00:11   #75
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebster View Post
Is it only me or is there a noise when always when the disc is accessed on a real CD32?

I got this on two different consoles, no issues on a CD-Rom equipped A1200 and also no issues on the HD Install.
It does it here too. Doesn't affect gameplay, just during CD access. Happens on stock CD32 machine and with fastram as well.

I must say this is a damn good looking and polished game nevertheless. Appreciated the physical version's nice packaging, the mag, even the Amiga family card is a nice touch. Go buy it everyone
Old 05 June 2019, 00:26   #76
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
@Predseda: Ah, RESHOOT R on Lemonamiga. Can there possibly be a bigger honor? Go, vote for it! :-)
Yeah, Hall of Light... the definitive Amiga database / information source
Old 05 June 2019, 08:32   #77
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yeah, Hall of Light... the definitive Amiga database / information source

...that still misses an entry for the first Reshoot, after 3 years
Old 05 June 2019, 08:40   #78
buzzybee

Quote:
How is being part of a magazine being in any way connected to the cracking scene?
And if you are whining about a cracker not : asking you for permission" to train your game it really doesn't seem like you understand it.
We were pretty aware how important the scene is for Amiga community, long before a community was even called like that. In Amiga Joker we wrote about scene stuff in every issue. I for example did two page demo reviews for about four years. Believe me, I know the scene.

Quote:
Big ups on your work on your game but you're sorely mistaken on this point. Would you also require "permission" for a WHDLoad install maker to make an install for your game????
No install needed for RESHOOT R, because installer is on board - even though even this is not really needed, since you can simply copy the game folder to any device. Some people play the game form CF card, for example. I do as well.

And yes, I´d appreciate a note from the creator if a WHDinstall is created.

As you seemingly have a hard time to appreciate me asking for communication, I am happy to tell you why I find it important: Because WHDInstall is great, and trainer might be useful for some people.

But what if someone not only adds infinite powerups, but also exchanges the Tars enemys with jewish symbols, and replaces the ingame dialogue with Nazi parole? This is not just a thought, comparable things have happend before. Would you still find this okay? So, where to draw the line? I think it´s the creators damn right to know what happens with his creative output. Over and out.
Old 05 June 2019, 08:46   #79
buzzybee

Quote:
We were pretty aware how important the scene is for Amiga community, long before a community was even called like that. In Amiga Joker we wrote about scene stuff in every issue. I for example did two page demo reviews for about four years. Believe me, I know the scene.

Quote:
No install needed for RESHOOT R, because installer is on board - even though even this is not really needed, since you can simply copy the folder to any device.

And yes, I´d appreciate a note from the creator if a WHDinstall is created. As you seemingly have a hard time to appreciate me asking for communication, I am happy to tell you why I find it important: Because WHDInstall is great, and trainer might be useful for some people. I deeply appreciate very skilled people taking the time to dive into my code, analyse it and develop a trainer. This is something which only very few people can do.

But what if someone not only adds infinite powerups, but also exchanges the Tars enemys with jewish symbols, and replaces the ingame dialogue with Nazi parole? I know this sounds like a rather ill comparison, but please let that sink in for a moment and think for a moment ... and yes, these things have happened before! So, where to draw the line? I simply think, that any creator of art (game, pixels, music, photos, whatever) has the damn right to know what happens with his creative output. Just my two cents. Got nothing else to add.

Last edited by buzzybee; 05 June 2019 at 08:54.
Old 05 June 2019, 09:20   #80
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
...that still misses an entry for the first Reshoot, after 3 years
Yeah noticed; I guess I need to take screenshots of both games then