English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 13 April 2016, 00:29   #561
JackLeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
JackLeader can tell you more, but I hope you've disabled first CyberbugFixAga. With the Vampire you can just delete CyberbugFix from C first.
I just ran Disable_CGX_Aga&Birdie in the Tools drawer.
Old 13 April 2016, 00:35   #562
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It's also ok with the Vampire.
Old 13 April 2016, 06:55   #563
supaduper

Thanks bud thats great, I will try it later and tell you how I go,
Old 13 April 2016, 19:02   #564
supaduper

Ok so after much Scratching of head...finally cracked it

so for the record to put Picasso96 on Amikit just to get you up and running on a basic setup:

1. Run S-Sequence, and add `Setpatch NOROMUPDATE Quiet` before the first Setpatch.
2. comment out `IF EXISTS C:CyberBugFIX` and C:CyberBugFIX` and `END IF`(3 lines are together)
3. Then go to Sys/Tools and run `Disable_CGX_Aga&Birdie`
4. Reboot
5. Install Picassco96, (just click proceed on each option)
6. Install latest SAGA driver 8h
7. Check in Prefs/screenmode to see that the saga modes are there.
8. Reboot
9. In Screenmode select a SAGA screen mode, I chose the 640x480 16bit, press test screen should go blank and output on HDMI, if your happy save the screen mode and save

10. Reboot ,Amikit now on HDMI

This will get you running on HDMI, I would then save the system off and any more fine tuning you try and mess up well you can go back to the basic setup !

thanks to Jack & Retrofan for their help much appreciated

Last edited by supaduper; 13 April 2016 at 19:36.
Old 13 April 2016, 19:34   #565
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If you use Disable CGXAGA&Birdie you don't need your point 3, but then you should enable Birdie again. Delete from C a file called DisableBirdie.

It's easier if you just comment those three lines of your point 2.

BTW I've got to comment that in the next AKReal update the S-S will be changed again. That's just to disable FBlit and FText if you are using RTG. If you have already disabled those lines you can rename the s-s it will add and rename again your old Startup-Sequence that will be saved as Startup-Sequence_bak860.

The User-Startup will be changed too, to add a line for AmiModRadio, but the line will be just added to your existing u-s.

BTW the update is ready, but I will wait for the latest icon.library to be fixed.

Edit: People have to have clear that "Disable_CGX&Birdie" in Tools is thought for when you just don't need CyberbugFixAGA (for example to run ScummVM AGA), so it changes the FBlit configuration and you save some chip mem (although not as much as with CyberbugFixAga by far), but it also disables Birdie to have more free mem.
But in the case that you are going to use RTG (for example a Vampire V2) you won't be using FBlit (you have to comment those lines too), so you can comment those commented three lines or just delete from C the file called "CyberbugFix" (it's also stored just in case in C: Disabled).

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 April 2016 at 01:13.
Old 13 April 2016, 19:49   #566
supaduper

Quote:
If you use Disable CGXAGA&Birdie you don't need your point 3, but then you should enable Birdie again. Delete from C a file called DisableBirdie.

It's easier if you just comment those three lines of your point 2.

BTW I've got to comment that in the next AKReal update the S-S will be changed again. That's just to disable FBlit and FText if you are using RTG. If you have already disabled those lines you can rename the s-s it will add and rename again your old Startup-Sequence that will be saved as Startup-Sequence_bak860.
Cheers bud will do that tomorrow,and no I did not comment out Fblit and FText,
just to note I did this on Amikit v8,not upgraded yet but will do now its working,will be great when the Apollo Team do some bigger Screen modes, and yeah I always back up my SSequence bud by habit
Thanks again fella !
Old 14 April 2016, 00:16   #567
JackLeather

Apollo-team say fblit and ftext are not needed. Neither are card patch/reset on the 600, in fact they may cause problems.
Old 14 April 2016, 00:49   #568
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

For RTG it's better to make all of the updates and then install it on real hardware. FBlit and FText weren't giving any problem on WinÜAE with a Picasso IV Zorro III, but as I know they must be disabled with RTG I will disable them when using the "Better Config" script on Tools and you select a RTG configuration.
Old 15 April 2016, 14:10   #569
Amicol

Hi Retrofan, does this now support the Apollo 1260?
If it does, I'll give it another shot. If not, just give me a shout if you need any testing.
Old 15 April 2016, 14:51   #570
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It always should work with the Apollo. But you need to use remapollo to use BB2.

Install it on Winuae with OS39, make all the AKReal live updates, use MorpheuZ to install 060 libraries (or maybe you need the MMU Full Install), install it in your Amiga, install Remapollo and update to BB2... or install it all with OS3.9BB2 and later add RemApollo and then add the 060 libs and the Apollo acelerator.

BTW I don't have the roms to emulate an Apollo, are they available? Edit: I think I found them.

BTW (and offtopic). If you use WinUAE to emulate (whatever), it is always much better to use an HDF instead of files in a PC folder, it works hundreds times faster. Even the AKReal Live updates are painfully slow if you use a PC folder as HD. Also with an hdf you can save a 950Mb one in a minute and so you can try a lot of things. If you don't like whatever you can copy and paste your original hdf in a minute and you can start again. That's what I do.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 April 2016 at 02:44.
Old 15 April 2016, 18:59   #571
Amicol

I did give it a try a while ago, but couldn't get it to boot without errors.
I eventually fell back to ClassicWB.

I might give it another try on my next day off...
Old 16 April 2016, 02:40   #572
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amicol View Post
I did give it a try a while ago, but couldn't get it to boot without errors.
I eventually fell back to ClassicWB.

I might give it another try on my next day off...
Have you got a WinUAE config of your Amiga specs? I would like to try it.
Old 16 April 2016, 13:34   #573
Amicol

Quote:
Have you got a WinUAE config of your Amiga specs? I would like to try it.
I don't think WinUAE emulates the Apollo 1260 board. Without that, you wouldn't be able to mimick the behaviour of my system.
I do use RemApollo to load BB2 etc.
Old 16 April 2016, 15:14   #574
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
BTW (and offtopic). If you use WinUAE to emulate (whatever), it is always much better to use an HDF instead of files in a PC folder, it works hundreds times faster.
Really? Directories should be faster. (Some anti-virus or something scanning files all the time when they are accessed?)
Old 16 April 2016, 15:51   #575
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Really? Directories should be faster. (Some anti-virus or something scanning files all the time when they are accessed?)
I don't think so. I only use Avast. If you make the live update using PC folders it takes (took yesterday) about 40 minutes. With an HDF it takes about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 April 2016 at 20:51.
Old 18 April 2016, 14:57   #576
Acill
Tech Guru

Got it installed on A4000T mostly now. I commented out the boot song and animation or it crashes at the IF checks. Got my network stack working, but the system hangs whenever I ask for the upgrades.
Old 18 April 2016, 21:49   #577
themamboman

Quote:
Originally Posted by keito View Post
This new WBDock2 2.5 by Thomas Rapp is rather lovely, is it exclusive to the AmiKit distribution? As I cant find it on Aminet or anywhere else on the net, I was hoping I could install it on some of my other machine
So, where would we find WBDock? Or maybe even a screenshot?
Old 19 April 2016, 00:12   #578
cmsj

Quote:
Ok, so I hope you dont mind, I installed AKReal in WinUAE then copied WBDock (and config) from WBStartup over to my real Amiga, then i edited the config to suit my setup and it works perfectly! Running on CWB OS3.1 on a 3.1 030 A1200. I wont distribute it or anything like that, just wanted to let you know
Would you like to list the files you copied out?
Old 19 April 2016, 00:13   #579
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Got it installed on A4000T mostly now. I commented out the boot song and animation or it crashes at the IF checks. Got my network stack working, but the system hangs whenever I ask for the upgrades.
So you installed it all in the real miggy (so no updated yet). Did you install your CPU libraries? Can you use IBrowse? Is internet working?

Type from Cli
Code:
RUN >NIL: "SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/LiveUpdate/AmiKit-LiveUpdate" GUI
and check for the updates.

Edit: Once I finish the AKReal 8.6 update I will start unifying and making an AKReal 8.6 full install. But I am delaying the update just because of some things I would like to have and that I've asked for:

- A new booting voice Edit: Four more booting sounds with voice! (same booting sounds but different voice).
- A better WBStartup++ program
- A better Skin for AmigaAMP Edit: Got it! A new one but also with a lot of versions.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 May 2016 at 00:57.
Old 19 April 2016, 02:30   #580
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Thank you so much I'm not sure if its something to do with the type if icon or even the icon.library but not all associated icons show up on the dock, instead of the app icon i get that generic Tool icon. I am using peterks icon library. Ive tried various icons, some work some dont.

Anyway thank you again for this amazing little dock, its the best one out there
It works with all of the icons AKReal uses. The majority of icons have the images stored as the "New image", but some old icons don't. If you try to use some vintage icons maybe they have not them stored that way.

If you/any of you want to have any icon working with WBDock, tell me which one gives your problems and I will gladly answer with an attached working one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsj View Post
Would you like to list the files you copied out?
(Talking about WBDock)

If you want to install it on your System, it only has two files, both stored in the WBStartup: WBDock (well, and its WBDock.info icon) and WBDock.config. This last has to be edited to use the programs you want to be displayed on it. You should also edit the WBDock.info to change the settings of the dock and have some patterns stored wherever to use them if you want a background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post
So, where would we find WBDock?
(Size reduced- I don't need a larger font to know you really want it-)

It is included in AKReal. You can grab it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamboman View Post
Or maybe even a screenshot?
Would you like to see a screenshot of a movie? WBDock moves, so you better watch a video of AKReal 8.6 WIP that I've just made for you. Sorry for the quality of my camera:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 April 2016 at 21:21.