English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 03 March 2016, 15:14   #1
tygre
Returning fan!

Is "No Background" Possible in StringObject with MUI?

Hi there!

With MUI v3.8, I have been experimenting with background images and superimposing objects on top. I managed to have TextObjects with a "transparent" background: as far as I understand it, actually without background so the image "behind" (declared in the enclosing Window or GroupObject) shows.

But, I haven't managed to have StringObjects with a similar "transparent" background. Without MUIA_Background, the background of my StringObjects is "gray" and same if I use MUIA_Background, MUII_BACKGROUND.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old 04 March 2016, 17:00   #2
tygre
Returning fan!

PS. The code as is now (the background of the StringObject is "gray" on my Workbench v3.1 on Classic Amiga)

Code:
	object->STR_label_directory = StringObject,
		MUIA_Frame, MUIV_Frame_String,
		MUIA_HelpNode, "STR_label_directory",
Old 04 March 2016, 22:01   #3
Cylon

Just don't give them the Frame tag should do the trick.
Old 05 March 2016, 04:20   #4
tygre
Returning fan!

Thanks Cylon! But still, the "background" of the line where the cursor appears is still "solid" and (in my settings) gray... I cannot manage to not have a solid background so that the image in the background shows through... Any idea?

(I tried with NewStrings and BetterStrings in the MUI preferences and I cannot get a "transparent" background there either... and by transparent, I mean a background that is not "solid", like I can have with TextObjects.)