English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 07 September 2014, 05:45   #1
ancalimon
Supernormal

Loadmodule two times in Startup-Sequence

Since I'm sending my non-working CyberstormPPC to Stachu, a friend lent me a 3630 rev1.

This is the first time I have to use the A4000T IDE port (I don't have any working scsi harddrives or adapters to convert scsi3 harddrives).

To my suprise, none of the large harddrives (120gb, 300gb Seagate, 160gb WD, 500gb samsung sata) I have are seen by HDToolBox. I have a 1gb IDE hdd given to me by the friend who fixed my A4000T and it could boot so the IDE ports is working.

I tried creating a floppy with only loadmodule, patched scsi.device, ncr scsi.device and Startup-Sequence.

After this floppy loads and reboots the Amiga, suddenly the harddrive is recognized (a 500gb sata was plugged in to the IDE port) and it starts loading. The Startup-Sequence on the harddrive also contains the loadresident and loadmodule command from Boingbag3+4 so it reboots with setpatch (which skips the loaded romupdates) again after that and Workbench loads.

The problem is that as soon as I make another reboot, I have to load the scsi.device from floppy again because harddrive is once again not detectable.

If I do not allow hdd to load the loadmodule command, I can reset as much as I want (after the floppy with patched scsi.device is loaded) and the hdd is always detectable.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is it setpatch that causes everything to be removed from memory? Or is it because I have to do something to enable the mmu (sysinfo reports mmu as DISABLED) I tried looking for the mmu jumper on the card but that place is empty and a jumper can not be used there.

Last edited by ancalimon; 07 September 2014 at 05:56.
Old 07 September 2014, 06:27   #2
esc

I think if you make a small boot partition with one of those harddrives with your patched scsi.device and your basic workbench stuff, you should be good to go.

Old 07 September 2014, 06:35   #3
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
I think if you make a small boot partition with one of those harddrives with your patched scsi.device and your basic workbench stuff, you should be good to go.
All harddrives are Amiga formatted and have boot partitions below 4gb the only one that works without patched scsi.device is the old 1gb one.

The problem is that after second reboot this time by setpatch (hdd is seen and AmigaOS 3.9 is loaded), the next time I reboot the patched scsi.device is gone and hdd becomes not seen my Amiga forcing me to load the scsi.device from floppy again.

The 500gb one has a 100mb 3.1 partition, 800mb 3.9 partition and a 2gb empty os4.1 partition which I reserved. Os3.9 partition (DH1) has higher priority. First two partitions are pfs3aio, OS4.1 partition and the rest are sfs2.

I guess I could format and use my 3.2gb hdd for loading scsi.device instead of floppy but it will not change the fact that patched scsi.device gets erased from memory after setpatch reboots the machine. Do you think using loadmodule command only once (on my 3.2gb hdd if I can find it.. Th 1gb one is very noisy!) will help?

I'm suspecting that the cause of this behavior is me not having any ram installed on the four simm slots of A4000T. The ony fastram I have is the ZorRAM 256 card at the moment.

Last edited by ancalimon; 07 September 2014 at 06:51.