English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 16 February 2009, 19:22   #1
Daz@Retro Gamer

Games needed

Right I've done some investigating in my loft and I have got a 500 (with powerpack) and a 1200 at work (although annoyingly the scart lead and power pack have been thrown away for it.

I don't have any games though apart from the second disk of Alien Breed.

If anyone has some duplicate games they'd like to send my way for free I'd obviously look at getting them into the mag in some shape or form. Alternatively I can throw cash your way providing costs aren't too expensive.

So who wants to help a new Amiga collector out
AdSense AdSense  
Advertisement:
Old 16 February 2009, 21:56   #2
Cammy

I live in Australia and nearly all my Amiga games are on CD, so I can't really help you out with games, sorry Daz, but I can let you know that your A500 Powerpack will work very well with your A1200, infact most people agree that the A500 PSU is a better one to use with an A1200 than the one that came out with the A1200 in the first place.

Until you find a monitor or Scart cable, you can use the Composite-out on any TV with AV-inputs, which isn't so bad for games.

I'm really glad you're going to focus more on the Amiga in Retro Gamer, I buy it every month and have every single issue except for the first one and another one I missed out on one month (but I keep an eye out on eBay for them).

I hope someone a little closer can help you out!
Old 16 February 2009, 21:59   #3
Cammy

Ohh, one thing I really should let you know about before you start playing with the A1200, they can blow capacitors and sometimes CIA chips if you plug/unplug things while it's still turned on, especially the mouse and joystick ports. Make sure you turn it off first before you swap them, they aren't as invincible as the A500 was.
AdSense AdSense  
Advertisement: