English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 July 2009, 11:30   #21
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I have a request.

Can you remove Tottenham from the Premier League and put them in Division 3?
Old 28 July 2009, 12:04   #22
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
That's fine by me tbh. We need to get the teams sorted before we start with the players as I don't want to spend time changing the players for a team only then for me to find out I need to change the team name. I'll go through the teams that are currently in each league on cm and swap some names around, I'll let you know how I get on.
Cool, cheers.

Quote:
I think you're right and it would be great if someone could but again I am also not in a position to judge how easy it would be. There must be a setting or something that when choosing anything other than England as the Country of the player it triggers it.
Well, I am going to make a nice appeal to all those clever WHDLoad coders - they are used to patching games so I am sure they are capable of checking something like this. If someone would be very kind as to volunteer their services and time for this project then I would be very grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I have a request.

Can you remove Tottenham from the Premier League and put them in Division 3?
I'll do better than that - I'll bung 'em in the Ryman League Premier Division. And I'll chuck Ipswich in too...
Old 28 July 2009, 14:57   #23
seuden
uber cool demi god

Ok I had a quick go at editing the team names in the Premiership.

It worked out ok as you can change kit colours, stadium names and capacities. There are some abbreviations as already stated you can't input more letters than what the previous team had.

The changes I made were

Wimbledon to Birmingham
Conventry to Fulham
Norwich to Bolton
Newcastle to Burnley
Leeds to Hull
Southampton to Portsmouth
Sheff Wed to Sunderland
Sheff Utd to Wolves
Q.P.R. to Stoke
Ipswich to Wigan

As you can see, there are abbreviations. Which in my opinion don't look too bad, what do you think?

It's the only way round it without having the ability to swap teams around.

Also the stadium names weren't too bad either, the only one really that suffered was

"S'm of Light"
Old 28 July 2009, 15:05   #24
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Well I'd leave FC from Wolves FC, as none of the othe teams have it.

Other than that I can't really see how else you'd do it, they all look decent enough.
Old 28 July 2009, 15:07   #25
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Well I'd leave FC from Wolves FC, as none of the othe teams have it.

Other than that I can't really see how else you'd do it, they all look decent enough.
I stuck FC in because I could to be honest but it does look shit so I'll remove it.
Old 28 July 2009, 16:36   #26
Graham Humphrey

Yep that's great seuden, looks fine. The abbreviations were more than okay. Thanks.
Old 27 August 2009, 12:30   #27
seuden
uber cool demi god

Just keeping you up to date. I did manage to update Manchester United quite easily with the FM 2009 data base. I've now put all my efforts on hold as I'm waiting for the latest version of FM 2010 to be released. We're still going to struggle with the nationalities unless someone can come up with an idea?
Old 10 March 2010, 13:55   #28
seuden
uber cool demi god

I really want to get this sorted but I'm afraid that my time will be wasted if we can't get one of EAB's fine coders to change a few things first, ie:

Remove the limitation of foreigners (eu players) in a match, maximum atm is 4, needs to be unlimited- THIS IS A MUST

There was one other thing iirc which I can't remember, I'll add here what else needs changing too should I come across any other probs.

Last edited by seuden; 10 March 2010 at 14:09.
Old 10 March 2010, 15:04   #29
antonvaltaz

Wow, this project looks really cool, I really hope you can get it done.

Just a thought about the code for the nationalities restriction - might it be worth creating a new thread to ask for help from the coding whizzes, it may be someone is willing and able to take up the challenge but wouldn't necessarily read this thread?
Old 10 March 2010, 15:15   #30
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
Wow, this project looks really cool, I really hope you can get it done.

Just a thought about the code for the nationalities restriction - might it be worth creating a new thread to ask for help from the coding whizzes, it may be someone is willing and able to take up the challenge but wouldn't necessarily read this thread?
Ah, didn't think of that thanks antonvaltaz
Old 06 July 2010, 11:24   #31
drben9

Hi there..

Did any of you actually achieve your updated version??? Im a massive fan and this would be blooming ace if developed!!!

Old 06 July 2010, 11:30   #32
seuden
uber cool demi god

I did start it but then it got put on the back burner due to work commitments. I am still wanting to get an update done tho but I can't give a time scale.
Old 07 July 2010, 10:52   #33
drben9

Ah cool

If you do need a hand with anything though please let me know! Im not a programmer or a coder or anything so think ill be pretty useless. Even the most mundane task!

Old 14 July 2010, 16:03   #34
Graham Humphrey

I had a quick play this morning and got some decent results for the Premier League as you can see (the other leagues have not been touched yet and apologies for leaving the cursor in the way):

That went pretty well, similar to seuden's effort. Same issues with Sunderland's ground name, and I've had to use "Rd" instead of "Road" for Blackpool but no real problems other than that.

I think we will need to be a bit more creative for the other leagues - especially Division Two where there are two teams with only four letters in their name

I might have to leave Hull there (at risk of infuriating their supporters of course ) but no idea what to do with York yet...
Old 14 July 2010, 16:04   #35
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Wouldn't W.B.A. look better at "West Brom"?
Old 14 July 2010, 16:06   #36
highrise

hey guys - I never imagined when I first made my little Championship manager attribute editor that it would result in something like this so many years later. I'd be more than happy to help. A couple of things I can chip in with:

regarding the editor not recognising the file - as well as the official releases of CM, there were a few releases which had small changes, presumably with each production run. So we had to build that into the system, to allow the editor to recognise which game you were using, because the data was stored in different places. If I can get at the source code I would be able to remove this problem.

One of the other things I have, not sure if it is in the download release, is instructions on how to change all the background images and loading screen. You would be able to add modern images of players like Rooney, Drogba etc.
Old 14 July 2010, 16:06   #37
Graham Humphrey

@KG

Would do but

a) It's how it's spelt in the game by default

b) (More relevantly) It was a direct replacement for Q.P.R. so nice 'n' easy

@highrise

Thanks for the input! I don't think the ability to change the background images is in the version I've got but that would be a great idea
Old 14 July 2010, 16:14   #38
highrise

Also...should not be too hard to change the leagues to Championship, League One etc.

As for the letters, I'd suggest putting D&R for Dagenham and Redbridge, and maybe MKD for MK Dons. Works for me.
Old 14 July 2010, 16:15   #39
Graham Humphrey

Bingo!

D&R can go in place of York then. And possibly MKD - or just plain old M.K. might look a bit better maybe.

Thanks!
Old 14 July 2010, 16:17   #40
highrise

re the background images - this was not in the editor itself, it was a text file which told you how to do it. I can't remember how hahaha! I will have to see if I can get hold of the source code, if I can get it off my amiga (presumably using that PC-disk program), then we might be in business. I can't promise it is definitely still on that HD, but here's hoping.