English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 October 2011, 01:42   #1
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Would you come along to a Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Amiga usergroup? (Australia)

G'day everyone. Cammy and I are starting an Amiga usergroup for our area, because I've wanted one for most of my life and just never got around to starting one myself, and there never seemed to be one around here to join either. But recently we've noticed a few more local Amigans popping up, so we think the usergroup/club idea might have a chance.

It's possible we might have a special guest coming to the first meeting, maybe, maybe not. Let's hope so!

So, is anyone from around here interested in coming along, having a chat, demonstrating stuff on your Amiga or learning new things about them? We could maybe have a BBQ or something with it, or order pizza, have a drink if you want. I'm sure it'll be a pretty casual club, we're not very organised but we're good problem solvers so I'm sure we'll work it out as we go along.

So if you're from up Brisbane way, or down around Byron even, have a think about coming along. Most likely we'll have the first meeting at our place in Tweed Heads, where all the Amigas are set up. We'll clear a few extra tables for people to bring their own hardware along, or you can jump on one of the ones here and have a go.

Here's Cammy's original post, just in case I left something out: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59386

Cheers!
Old 13 October 2011, 01:49   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Sounds great, the more clubs the better. Perhaps post about it on the MAUG and AUG e-groups as I know we have a lot of people following them that cant make it to Melbourne meetings.
Old 13 October 2011, 02:19   #3
whitegiant89
Lone CBM user

Send a message via MSN to whitegiant89
oh boy. still to far away to get there sorry. love to get to one one day.
Old 13 October 2011, 15:31   #4
Djay
95th User

Good luck with your club... Ever thought of doing a advert for it on YouTube?
Old 13 October 2011, 23:41   #5
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
That's not a bad idea, but we'd have to kind of fake the footage to make it look like we have a club before we've actually started it, but we might be able to put something together. If only Quick Videos for Aros was released so I could edit it together without having to find some crappy Linux software to do the job.

Man I miss MovieShop. It was such a dream editing video on the Amiga back in the day.