English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 September 2011, 08:28   #1
Ech0

Cocolino and Mouse Problems

Hi!

I've bought a Cocolino mouseadapter with and Amiga-branded USB-mouse (boingbag sticker) from AmigaKit, and I have some problems.

The mouse is USB, but with an USB->PS/2 adapter you can use it. It works quite well with workbench, nice flow and easy to point and click.

But, I have really big problems accessing early boot menu. If I reset and simultaneously press RMB and LMB I cant access the boot menu. I have to tap both keys very fast repeatedly in order to access the menu.

It works about 20% of the time, its quite frustrating. Using an old amigamouse its possible to press the keys again (without tapping).

.. Any ideas?

Old 25 September 2011, 13:04   #2
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
Hi!

I've bought a Cocolino mouseadapter with and Amiga-branded USB-mouse (boingbag sticker) from AmigaKit, and I have some problems.

The mouse is USB, but with an USB->PS/2 adapter you can use it. It works quite well with workbench, nice flow and easy to point and click.

But, I have really big problems accessing early boot menu. If I reset and simultaneously press RMB and LMB I cant access the boot menu. I have to tap both keys very fast repeatedly in order to access the menu.

It works about 20% of the time, its quite frustrating. Using an old amigamouse its possible to press the keys again (without tapping).

.. Any ideas?
I have a Cocolino mouse adapter too but mine is the PS2 type, early startup menu is no problem to access, it may have to do with the device(mouse) being recognised in time by the Cocolino and it *JUST* makes it when you press at exactly the right time. The better answer is that perhaps FOL could help you as he will have a better idea about such and did you raise a support ticket with Amigakit?