English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 June 2020, 13:41   #21
Hewitson

Almost all of us have pirated kickstart ROMs and Workbenches on our machines. I don't really understand why anyone cares if 3.9 is being distributed as part of CoffinOS.

It's about time we stopped caring about the legalities of 20 year old software.
Old 01 June 2020, 13:45   #22
DamienD
Banned

Tell that to Cloanto / Hyperion / Haage & Partner then...

Are you suggesting that we just pirate any new games being created and screw over the developers also?

Get a grip man, we are not teenagers anymore... we are supoosed to be responsible adults.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 14:00.
Old 01 June 2020, 14:10   #23
meynaf
son of 68k

Distributing for free is something, making money out of other's work is something else.
Old 01 June 2020, 14:15   #24
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You or anyone else who thinks that; please feel free to contact RCK or any other Global Moderator with your concerns
Yes, sure, like most bullies you only feel secure in the company of your buddies.

Quote:
Stop avoiding the real questions being asked
I won't answer to one who accuses and declares the sentence at the same time. While you can remove the freedom of speech by deleting opinions you don't agree with and ban people to silence them, you can't make people speak just because you call them out.

Quote:
we are supoosed to be responsible adults.
Then act like one and step back from your position as a moderator since you are clearly not qualified to moderate.
Old 01 June 2020, 14:20   #25
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
I won't answer to one who accuses and declares the sentence at the same time.
And to other people ?
Old 01 June 2020, 14:22   #26
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Yes, sure, like most bullies you only feel secure in the company of your buddies.
Oh that's a good one... you saying that RCK and all other GMods / Mods are not impartial; and automatically on my side?

ROFL

You really don't know much so stop making silly assumptions!!! You don't have access to / see the discussions in either of the "private.GlobalModerators" or "private.Moderators" sections do you???

Trust me, if I'm out of line RCK / GMods / Mods will say so...

Quote:
I won't answer to one who accuses and declares the sentence at the same time. While you can remove the freedom of speech by deleting opinions you don't agree with and ban people to silence them, you can't make people speak just because you call them out.
It's not me who's made these accusations, with proof is it now?

It's amiga-news.de...

I'm just bringing what they've written to everyone's attention.

As for silence; it's you and the Apollo team that are keeping silent regarding this... no one is removing your comments

You're just too much of a coward to address; as you know you're in the wrong.

Quote:
Then act like one and step back from your position as a moderator since you are clearly not qualified to moderate.
Ok, I've really had enough of you telling me what to do... please keep going.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 14:31.
Old 01 June 2020, 14:42   #27
grond

Quote:
Ok, I've really had enough of you telling me what to do...
...said the guy who has been trying to make me respond to allegations of illegality. But you have banning and editing powers, that's the difference here, right? Why not make this a clear case of extortion and just say "answer or I ban you"?
Old 01 June 2020, 14:47   #28
DamienD
Banned

You're a funny guy

Aren't you supposed to be a lawyer?

Surely you of all people should know the difference between right and wrong; the law, copyright etc...

...and if the claims written by amiga.news.de are true; then it's definitely on the side of wrong.

Quote:
...said the guy who has been trying to make me respond to allegations of illegality.
I'm not trying to make you do anything; your silence and avoidance to repsond speaks volumes

...people are smart enough to read between the lines.

You and the Apollo team should be concerned; and decent enough to want to set the record straight, but alas...

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 14:56.
Old 01 June 2020, 15:04   #29
shuttlepilot
Vampire 68080 Owner

@DamienD & grond

Tired of the threats and chest thumping in this thread. Grow up the pair of you, ignore each other or ban ... either way works!
Old 01 June 2020, 15:11   #30
DamienD
Banned

It's not about threats and chest pumping...

Again, it's very simple.

A quite serious claim has been made by amiga.news.de about the Apollo / Vampire team distributing copyright / licenced software with their commercially sold hardware; and not paying the developers as they rightfully should.

The Apollo / Vampire team needs to respond to these accusations; and then clean this mess up for the sake of their own reputation.

Avoidance doesn't work here...
Old 01 June 2020, 16:17   #31
BippyM
Global Moderator

Right...

I have split these posts out of the muimapperium thread..

I will allow DISCUSSION about whether the vampire team is being morally legit considering what they do.. The current tone of this thread is to change, nobody is going to be banned, nor is anyone stepping down as a moderator. If you cannot contribute to this in a mature manner, in a civilised way then move on, if you do post then the post will be removed, you will be warned and persistance met with a ban!!

I am currently not upto speed with the whole picture here, but will catch up today.
Old 01 June 2020, 19:16   #32
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Windows 10 might be smaller without updates. But once updated easily 32GB.
Old 01 June 2020, 19:25   #33
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Also why didn't they just use Aros or make it install like ClassicWB and other Distros

I don't think Ill visit very often, I've lost interest and Damien I like you but some of your judgement here on the subject is a little baffling - you don't send a Amiga related topic to OFF-Topic because "I don't care about Vampire" etc maybe just take a deep breath but it's not acceptable, we've all been under strain lately so try to be a little more diplomatic.
Old 01 June 2020, 20:01   #34
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
I don't think Ill visit very often, I've lost interest and Damien I like you but some of your judgement here on the subject is a little baffling - you don't send a Amiga related topic to OFF-Topic because "I don't care about Vampire" etc maybe just take a deep breath but it's not acceptable, we've all been under strain lately so try to be a little more diplomatic.
Suit yourself Retro1234.

For the record, I didn't send an "Amiga related topic to OFF-Topic because "I don't care about Vampire"; I defended the author who made the choice to boycott the Apollo team / Vampire hardware by not allowing his software to run on their products, and got numerous grief for it.

You might want to re-read the thread again: MUIMapparium... and maybe I should restore "some" people's edited posts so you can see the hostility towards ALB42 and his decision.

I won't apologise for expressing my opinion about believing that what the Apollo team are doing is wrong; and therefore needs to be addressed...

It's almost like you're saying that I made this stuff up because I have no interest in Vampire... you can clearly see all the allegations / evidence that amiga.news.de posted in their article

Maybe it's just me that has morals and all you guys are cool with their dodgy activities? Or just don't care?

...and still no statement to all this from the main Apollo team spokeman "grond".

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 20:20.
Old 01 June 2020, 20:35   #35
daxb

The "problem" is that the story is old. At least 1-2 years ago there was a discussion about ApolloOS (now Coffin). Some people had a problem with it some not. On a German forum ground wrote that he don't like (support?) Coffin or something like that. However, they said they want AROS but until now it isn't "good" enough for release to the public. I guess that for Vampire 4 they want it to release as a complete computer + software. So you only have to connect stuff and switch it on.
Old 01 June 2020, 20:50   #36
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
The "problem" is that the story is old. At least 1-2 years ago there was a discussion about ApolloOS (now Coffin). Some people had a problem with it some not. On a German forum ground wrote that he don't like (support?) Coffin or something like that.
Ok, you say the story is 1-2 years old... well why are they still distributing CoffinOS (not to mention other programs / games) with their commercial sales of Vampire hardware at the "Amiga 34" event which took place October last year then?

As for the article on amiga-news.de; it was written "04.Nov.2019".

Kind of a funny thing for grond / Gunnar to do if they "don't like (support?) Coffin" don't you think?

Ever heard that classic saying "action speaks louder than words"?

Prime example right here i.e. they can say what they like but if they then turn around and actually do the complete opposite... well.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 21:05.
Old 01 June 2020, 21:03   #37
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Maybe I understand it wrong, but if the Vampire team is blamed for distribution of 32GB of pirated software, what is the difference to EAB FTP server?

Old 01 June 2020, 21:06   #38
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Maybe I understand it wrong, but if the Vampire team is blamed for distribution of 32GB of pirated software, what is the difference to EAB FTP server?
EAB doesn't make money out of distributing that software.
Old 01 June 2020, 21:07   #39
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post

Right; so you show me exactly where there are Amiga OS files / Kickstart ROMs and commercial programs / games still for sale on the "EAB File Server" for download please?

Also, don't forget these guys are selling a commercial product i.e. for money / profit.

Big difference if it was free; still not right but... as meynaf already mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Distributing for free is something, making money out of other's work is something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
EAB doesn't make money out of distributing that software.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 June 2020 at 21:13.
Old 01 June 2020, 21:13   #40
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Hm, but the thread title talks about legality