English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 13 May 2001, 06:34   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Crack\manual Needed!!!!

Has anyone the crack or manual (in PDF form, etc) for Fighter Duel
Pro?? I am desperatly trying to play the game, yet this game was not cracked
I will even pay for the manual, gladly!!
I MUST PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://members.aol.com/rcpilots/fdpro.jpg

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 13 May 2001 at 07:57.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:05   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I know this won't be much help for you right now, but I am 99% certain I have the cracked version of this game on my Amiga. Problem is, I don't have a monitor right now. And I'm looking at probably as much as a month away before I will have one again. At that time, I will hook up my Siamese card(s) and get it transferred over and can set you up with it.

Sorry I am not much help until then.
Old 13 May 2001, 17:03   #3
Khephren

I hate to see a man grovel!

LSD Docs Disk 28 Fighter Duel
LSD Docs Disk 28 Fighter Duel Diagrams
LSD Docs Disk 26 Fighter Duel Map Infomation
LSD Docs Disk 26 Fighter Duel Maps 1-2
LSD Docs Disk 36 Fighter Duel Pro
LSD Docs Disk 36 Fighter Duel Pro Quickdoc
LSD Docs Disk 25 Fighter Duel Quickdoc

Let me know which ones you want and I'll post them later.

Old 13 May 2001, 17:51   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

JOY

Twist, if you can do that i would forgive NC for the Dale Earnhardt ruckus:P (All due respect to him)
Tomato head!! Yes yes YESSSSSS...grovel works
Please post all that you think i need to get past the password protection
Old 13 May 2001, 19:00   #5
LaundroMat

LSD Docs

Any place these LSD Docs are downloadable?
Old 13 May 2001, 19:34   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Here you go laundro.
http://www.emucamp.com/amiga/apps_lsddocs.htm
Tomato head, unfortunately, the LSD doc I downloaded was not able to give any passwords for the copyright protection on Fighter duel Pro
Mr. Ghost, remember on Godflesh's board, a month ago? Thats when you and Cody helped me with this game. I still can't play it I await patiently our help!
Old 13 May 2001, 20:13   #7
Khephren

Tomato Head? You taking the piss out of Chorlton...that is a hanging offence!!! ))

Ok here is the files. They have the .PP extension but they are unpacked already, I just couldn't be arsed to rename them all.
Attached Files
File Type: ace fighter duel docs & maps.ace (65.6 KB, 328 views)

Old 13 May 2001, 23:27   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hi, Fred. I think I read on the AEN board earlier today that you got the game working, is this right? I also have a program from the same company called Fighter Duel Pro Flight Recorder, although I don't really remember what it is at the moment (it's been years!)

As for Dale Earnhardt, you talkin' about the fuss over his autopsy photos and that deal with the Florida newspaper? While I agree that NASCAR needs investigating, I would not trust the news media to do the footwork, considering their tabloid track record. And I work for a newspaper!
Old 14 May 2001, 01:34   #9
Ian
Global Moderator

It Was ME who got it working.

Assuming that the problem is the same here's how you can get it working, either go to the WinUAE page at my crappy web site http://www.geocities.com/lucasartsonamiga/ or you can read what I am about to write:

Boot up WinUAE using your AGA config, only change the chipset to ECS, as WinUAE starts when the screen changes to a different shade of grey (ie as soon as the screen changes from the WinUAE setup stuff) press both mouse buttons in. If this has worked you should be facing a screen with three options on it, Boot Options, Display options and Extension board something or other. Now if you don't see this screen after 1 second it hasn't worked, reset and try again. When you do see it click on display options and click on NTSC. There you have it the game should now work.

From what I've seen the problem is the same for the Recorder version, if it still don't work post a message at AEN board with locations I can get the game and TRY and figure it out!!

The problems with the versions of Fighter Duel Pro were BAD versions, and the problem solved above, the game giving a message that NTSC mode is needed.

Hope this helps ya'll out.

Last edited by Ian; 16 May 2001 at 04:20.
Old 15 May 2001, 01:28   #10
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Hi Twist...Hi Ian..
The game I referred to at AEN's board was Fighter Duel Pro 2, which, thanks to you, Ian ,works smoothly. For both your info, the
game I have a problem with is Fighter Duel Pro. It seems the game was never cracked, and the only way to get past the password protection is to have the real manual. Tomato head's helpful LSD docs did not rectify this problem, unfortunately.
Ian, this is the same game that you posted this message on AEN's forum....
http://pub8.ezboard.com/fgodfleshsre...picID=47.topic
remember?
As for your journalistic tendencies, Twist, I don't bother with the tabloids here, I read the finest paper on earth, The New York Times
www.nyt.com
If you have the flight recorder, as well as the cracked version of Fighter Duel Pro...please let me know when its ready
So..to sum it up..the manual is needed as of now
Old 15 May 2001, 01:35   #11
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Will you upload the **FIXED** version you corrected to the FTP's, Ian? The world deserves a working version, thanks to you!
Old 15 May 2001, 03:21   #12
Ian
Global Moderator

As soon as

As soon as I can get on an FTP that uploads, I will, I don't know if Sane has them so I suppose I could put them there

In the mean time get them from here http://www.geocities.com/lucasartsonamiga/ and click on WinUAE, if you want them that is (Man I hope this one doesn't get shut down too)

But remember Fighter Duel Pro 2 is the only one you can play 'til Fredtgreat finds a manual or cracked version.

Last edited by Ian; 16 May 2001 at 02:27.
Old 16 May 2001, 03:03   #13
Codetapper

Why not crack the game?

Removing "enter word x from the manual" is usually not that hard on older games, why don't you just get a cracker to deprotect the game if you can't find a version without the manual? Or try LockPick or Maverick - they may be able to remove it.

There are plenty of people around who claim they can crack, god knows how many of them are just full of talk...

I have even been known to deprotect a few games - www.whdload.org

Old 16 May 2001, 03:25   #14
Ian
Global Moderator

Thanks

But judging from the responces we've been getting I think all of those people who claim they can crack on this board and others are, as you say, Full Of It!!!!

I will try those things you said
Old 16 May 2001, 03:34   #15
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Here here Pm Charge...the right Fredtgreat agrees, and should we issue this challenge...CAN SOMEONE WHO FREQUENTS THIS SITE CRACK FIGHTER DUEL PRO??????
Old 16 May 2001, 13:12   #16
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Fighter Duel Pro cracked by Codetapper in 1 hour :)

OK lads, what do I win?

This game is not up to my usual AGA fixed everything standard as the game simply hangs on my Amiga 1200 during loading, I believe it's a 24 bit access fault so you are probably stuck playing it on 68000 only.

I have removed the stupid NTSC check so if you happen to play in PAL mode the game won't complain. I have read however that joystick control timers might be stuffed in PAL mode, who knows.

I have altered the startup script to set the machine into NTSC mode with a program I wrote and have cracked the game. Type anything/nothing in as the password to continue on. The game seems to load in Fellow, I haven't tested in WinUAE. If there is a problem, it maybe because of forcing the machine into NTSC mode - you can undo this by removing the word NTSC from the first line of the startup sequence and see if that helps. It should run in WinUAE if it loads in Fellow though!

Enjoy.

PS: A full archive has been sent to that guy who does the lucasarts site so maybe the updated archive will be uploaded there shortly.

PPS: Unpack the zip file and you will have an LHA file which you must unpack over the root directory of disk 1. If you don't know how to do this, wait for the LucasArts site to update it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip fighterduelprocrack.zip (26.7 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by Codetapper; 16 May 2001 at 13:22.
Old 16 May 2001, 13:20   #17
RCK
Administrator

Well done !
Old 16 May 2001, 13:45   #18
Ian
Global Moderator

Thanks

At last someone who can actually do what he say's, ie crack games, I will upload it to my site as soon as I get back from work.

Thank you very much.

For those who want the deprotected version by CODETAPPER it on the site now.

Because I've been messing around with things I don't yet understand, the file will only download with Get Right and probably other download managers, not the IE one though, sorry I'll try and get it all fixed later.

Last edited by Ian; 16 May 2001 at 15:47.
Old 16 May 2001, 15:04   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Codetapper is the bomb. His contributions to the current Amiga gaming scene leaves me breathless with awe. And my game collection is so much more useful due to his tireless efforts. I only hope he never gets tired of doing these fixes.

Hey Codetapper...all I need now is a monitor and I can check those DAT tapes for that Putty game that is so elusive. And someone else claims to have it, as well...I think Akira.

Also, I will email you my latest revised edition of original games, in case there's something you might be in need of.
Old 16 May 2001, 17:39   #20
Amiga1992

Yep yep, I've seen Putty Squad, and I'm off to hunt it