English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 December 2019, 22:02   #1
digitalMedic

Catweasel Z-II "S-Class" help

Hi all,

I have a Catweasel Z-II "S-Class" that I put back into my A4000T, but I have some questions and I am hoping the experts here can help answer them.

1. Does anyone have a manual for this thing? I cannot find mine.

2. How about the install disk? I found the cwdisk0100.lha and mdisk362.lha through a Google search (the files are missing from the Amiga Hardware Database site). Are these two files all I need? The card is recognized by the system, but I don't know if I need to install anything in the Devs: or L: directories.

3. I flashed the latest Catweasel.rom to it. That is the only rom I flash correct? I do not need to flash the Buddha rom to it as well do I?

4. Is this card still relevant after the bug fixes made to the Amiga 3.1.4 roms and OS?

Thanks for any assistance!

Rick
Old 14 December 2019, 12:21   #2
digitalMedic

Ok, so looking around the Inter-webs some more, it appears that the instructions for the Catweasel MK2 card has some information about the S-class card. I installed the Catweasel software from the cwdisk0100.lha archive (install disk) and the upgraded multidisk.device.

I was also going to install the Buddha software from the Buddha install disk, but I am curious whether the CacheCDFS for the Buddha controller will interfere with the CDFilesystem for the OS. Does the Buddha software only interact with the Catweasel card's Buddha controller? Anyone have any insight?
Modify message
Old 14 December 2019, 18:26   #3
Jope
-

OS3.1.4 doesn't have cachecdfs so you can safely install it beside. Perhaps make a backup of your CD0 dosdriver first.