English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 24 November 2018, 19:41   #1
Soopytwist

Where can I find pre-made configs?

While I already have an A500 and A1200 config, I'd like configs for all the systems (A500+, A600, A1000, A1200 and CD32). It's a pain setting them up though and I probably didn't even set-up the ones I've already got properly.

Also, does anyone have a config that sets up an Xbox 360 controller properly? When I switch mine on WinUAE insists on using it's own button bindings and I've still not figured out how to override that.

Can I download configs from somewhere or is someone willing to share?
Old 24 November 2018, 22:14   #2
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopytwist View Post
While I already have an A500 and A1200 config, I'd like configs for all the systems (A500+, A600, A1000, A1200 and CD32). It's a pain setting them up though and I probably didn't even set-up the ones I've already got properly.
Just load "Quickstarts" for all these, save them and then adjust the "Display" / "Game ports" / "Filter" / "Miscellaneous" options you want and save again

For A500 / A500+ / A600 make sure that you tick "Cycle exact".

Quote:
Also, does anyone have a config that sets up an Xbox 360 controller properly? When I switch mine on WinUAE insists on using it's own button bindings and I've still not figured out how to override that.
What do you mean exactly? Just connect your Xbox 360 controllers, load a config and then select them from under "Game ports".

The first button is "A - Green", the second button is "B - Red".

If you are talking about "CD32 pad" configurations then just select this from the drop-down menu instead of "Default".
Old 25 November 2018, 15:17   #3
Soopytwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...What do you mean exactly? Just connect your Xbox 360 controllers, load a config and then select them from under "Game ports".

The first button is "A - Green", the second button is "B - Red".

I mean the analogue sticks and triggers don't work, I can only use D-Pad.
Old 25 November 2018, 18:35   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I mean the analogue sticks and triggers don't work, I can only use D-Pad.
Weird, just tested and I can use the left anologue stick for movement as well as the D-Pad with my Xbox 360 wireless controllers; without any manual adjustments

...triggers; what do you need these for anyway? The majority of Amiga games usually only support 1 button, rarely 2 buttons.
i.e. 1st button on an Xbox 360 controller is "A - Green", and the 2nd button is "B - Red".
Unless your playing CD32 games; but with the default "CD32 pad" settings the left / right shoulder buttons are Rewind / Fast Forward and the rest are obvious.