English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 June 2009, 19:07   #21
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Achieving some of those tricky Mortal Kombat 2 fatilities
Can't remember much now, it's been 10 years, but I think I was the most proud of:
1. Sub-Zero's freeze fatality, when he throws a ice-ball and the opponent explodes with bones.
2. Shang Tsung's - Liu Kang's super-morphing-power-ranger dragon fatality...
(selected Chang, morphed to Liu right before winning, did a Fatality with Liu )
Old 11 June 2009, 19:34   #22
AB Positive
kachou ON!

I loved using Shang Tsung and morphing to use other people's fatalities. It's almost a double-humiliation.

How about the morph-friendship ploy? Think I only did that once since not many morphs avoid punches (I believe you had to use only kicks for a Friendship opportunity)
Old 11 June 2009, 19:43   #23
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Positive View Post
How about the morph-friendship ploy?
Ha, never was a fan of Friendship, but indeed - that would be tricky

Oh, btw, just remembered that when MK4 came out I was so eager to see some of those tricky fatalities that if I couldn't do it with some character I tried it with that character that always did the opposing characters fatality (what's his name?)
Old 11 June 2009, 20:21   #24
mfletcher
Bawbag.

For me:

1) Finishing Cholo on the BBC Micro - Wireframe adventure game, the game ends by crashing a plane into a base, whilst being shot at by sentry bots. Was quite a tricky game in spots.
2) Finishing Another World. Great game!
3) Finishing Flashback. Was difficult to get into, but once you got the hang of it was great fun.
4) Finishing Dungeonmaster on the Atari ST at a mates house. Seemed like we waited an eternity before Chaos Strikes Back came out.
5) ChronoTrigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy IV, Shadowrun, Legend of Zelda, and some of the other JRPG's I played on the SNES. You invest a lot of time in these games grinding up levels... a wee bit sad when they're done!
6) Shenmue I + II. I'll second what someone else said earlier about this game. A must have. Shame there wont ever be a Shenmue III ;-(
Old 11 June 2009, 21:47   #25
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Discovering Elite had come out on the CPC - Oh, the sheer orgasmic joy!!!

The Beeb that belonged to my dad's work had been returned & though I was most pleased to be given a CPC464 I soooo badly needed an Elite fix...
...shame the CPC version sucked a bit in comparison.

But that's ok because all non-Acorn versions of Elite suck - discuss...
Old 11 June 2009, 21:52   #26
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
But that's ok because all non-Acorn versions of Elite suck - discuss...
No Amiga Elite is fantastic, fantastic !
Old 11 June 2009, 22:22   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
5) ChronoTrigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy IV, Shadowrun, Legend of Zelda, and some of the other JRPG's I played on the SNES. You invest a lot of time in these games grinding up levels... a wee bit sad when they're done!
Nice selection of games there (with Shadowrun being a true gem) The endings of these games really made (and make) you feel like you achieved something and I can heartly agree with the 'bit sad' part. Really a shame that the Shadowrun concept didn't made it to a sequel
Old 11 June 2009, 23:23   #28
AB Positive
kachou ON!

I won't lie... I cried during the Opera scene in FF III/VI

The bigger accomplishment-feeling RPG-wise though had to be, without a doubt, beating Phantasy Star IV. DAMN that was a hard JRPG but so good, and beat FFVII to the "Oops, there goes your female lead" punch.
Old 11 June 2009, 23:28   #29
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post
No Amiga Elite is fantastic, fantastic !
ArcElite, in my humble opinion was the best version of this game. When I first got it, I played it for 10 hours straight excluding toilet breaks... my eyes felt like they had been poked out by the end of that session!
Old 11 June 2009, 23:31   #30
mfletcher
Bawbag.

FFVI and FFVII I grinded through to nearly the end. With FFVI I had left it for a couple of months and when I came back to it I couldnt remember what to do next - this was 1996, pre GameFAQs mind ;-)

FFVII, got all the way to the end, but wanted the best summoning/materia/forget what it was called to beat the final boss... involved lots of breeding of chocobo and racing them. Got bored sick of this, and never went back to the game.

Chronotrigger has its sad moments, theres a character who' is in a wheelchair because of a terrible accident. At a certain point in the game you get to go into the past and prevent it from happening, but ham-fingered that I am, I faffed it up and failed. Bah.
Old 11 June 2009, 23:33   #31
JuvUK

finishing wing commander the 1st time, loved the big send off
Old 11 June 2009, 23:43   #32
AB Positive
kachou ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
FFVII, got all the way to the end, but wanted the best summoning/materia/forget what it was called to beat the final boss... involved lots of breeding of chocobo and racing them. Got bored sick of this, and never went back to the game.
A shame, as you can beat Sephiroth pretty easily even if you half-ass speed run through the game.

Now, if you want to beat the giant Weapons... that's a different story. Yeah, Knights of the Round (the summon materia you can only get with a gold chocobo) is one of two ways you can even get close to beating them. I've yet to do it. This summer though... it's ON!

(I still play FFVII every year. I fail at life.)
Old 12 June 2009, 08:07   #33
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
You don't need to breed chocobos. You can go to juno reactor to a screen where you are walking through a glass tube underwater, where you can fight the ghost ship. This ghost ship you can morph into the guide book. You can trade the guide book for the gold chocobo with an old guy in Calm after meteor appears in the sky.
Old 12 June 2009, 09:15   #34
lolafg

My first contact with Goal!
First i have been surprised that there wasn't the cup competition in the version i bought but in the manual it was said that the cup competition was present...
So i wrote to Dino Dini who was making the game for Virgin and i recived a new copy of Goal! with Cup competition with a little word by Dino Dini !!!
That was a really a great experience !!
Old 12 June 2009, 11:49   #35
AB Positive
kachou ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
You don't need to breed chocobos. You can go to juno reactor to a screen where you are walking through a glass tube underwater, where you can fight the ghost ship. This ghost ship you can morph into the guide book. You can trade the guide book for the gold chocobo with an old guy in Calm after meteor appears in the sky.
If this is true... :

I might be able to 100% FF7 pretty soon then :P

Recently I felt quite accomplished - I'm still trying to get the hang of SWOS controls - at least the finer bits - but it's getting better. I won my first friendly game a couple days ago.

Sure it was with me playing Arsenal and my opponent being Exeter City but still... a win's a win!
Old 12 June 2009, 13:37   #36
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

When I first finished Gods - of course. A very special moment.

When I finished Planescape: Torment, a game that was so good I never really wanted it to finish. When I finally completed it, I felt as if a chapter in my life was reluctantly closing, because that game really gets to you.

(I felt something similar when I completed Thief II, but not as profoundly).

When I completed Crisis Zone at the arcades - I knocked over the office level and the bomb level with only one health bar remaining - it was literally nerve fraying stuff! It was also cool because a small crowd had gathered behind me to see if I could finish the game, which I did.
Old 14 June 2009, 19:08   #37
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

When I ended Gothic III in the "not bad & not good" ending
Old 14 June 2009, 21:10   #38
extralife

nailing down on gaming moment is difficult and sometimes, some of them come back to you when u replay a game, but for me there is one that just keeps haunting me and thats from starcraft, when u have to leave kerigan with the zergs, i mean i actually got pissed off, I didnt want to leave her behind and it made me feel like shit lol, the story in that game is just awesome
Old 14 June 2009, 21:18   #39
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazinKaesar View Post
When I ended Gothic III in the "not bad & not good" ending
you mean a simple "game over"?
Old 14 June 2009, 21:35   #40
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

completing New Zealand Story on my A500