Wow, that went well. Cool.
Old 10 July 2018, 22:15   #1022
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyDog View Post
Wow, that went well. Cool.
Yeah, thanks for bringing this to my attention

...I guess when I originally tested this game I didn't watch the complete "intro", as I was using the .IPFs, so didn't think there would be any issues

Anyway, with my collection I will always try to find / fix any issues / problems brought up as soon as possible otherwise it gets overwhelming

To be fair, I released this into the public back in January, there must be well over 1200 people now using this and considering that there 2480+ games setup / configured (with title / screenshots).

...so far there have really only be less than 5 real game issues found / corrected so not bad (not including "updates" or silly "renames")
Old 10 July 2018, 22:18   #1023
BullyDog

Glad to help. I didn't go through the games one by one but skipping around and see what strike my fancy.

In other words, having a B L A S T !
Old 11 July 2018, 03:40   #1024
BullyDog

Got another for you Damien. Dyna-Blaster (Bomberman clone) doesn't see my 360 controller. Configs is there and game runs but nothing happens.

Any idea?
Old 11 July 2018, 08:10   #1025
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Got another for you Damien. Dyna-Blaster (Bomberman clone) doesn't see my 360 controller. Configs is there and game runs but nothing happens.

Any idea?
Dyna Blaster is a special game as it originally uses a 4 joystick adapter...

When playing this game without a joystick, "Keyboard Layout B" is setup correctly:

Whenever you connect your joystick and press button one, "Port 2" will be set, but with this game you need to set the "Emulated parallel port joystick adapter"...

If you want to use a joystick then unfortunately you will need to change this manually:
  • Press <F12> to bring up the GUI.
  • Navigate to "Game ports".
  • Select "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)", or whatever your joystick is, under "Emulated parallel port joystick adapter".

Last edited by DamienD; 11 July 2018 at 08:40.
Old 11 July 2018, 14:56   #1026
BullyDog

Thanks Damien. Are the settings global or they're for individual games? In other words, they keep their own settings?

ETA: Got it. What am I gonna do without you?

Last edited by BullyDog; 11 July 2018 at 15:06.
Old 11 July 2018, 15:15   #1027
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Damien. Are the settings global or they're for individual games? In other words, they keep their own settings?
Settings are individal per configuration file / game.

...so if you always use a joystick with Dyna Blaster, make the change and then save the config.

With any other games you don't need to do this though. "Keyboard Layout B" is set as default; when you plug in your joystick / controller and press button one it will automatically swap over to "Port 2"
Old 11 July 2018, 15:17   #1028
BullyDog

Ah gotcha. Good to know.
Old 12 July 2018, 20:35   #1029
DamienD
Banned

Time for another small update

...since earok released v1.2 of Giana Sisters Special Edition, I've now update this in my collection.

So, please do the following:
  • Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Giana Sisters SE AGA".
  • Download / extract the archive from here into C:\WinUAE.
Old 12 July 2018, 20:49   #1030
BullyDog

There! Done deal. Thanks Damien.
Old 13 July 2018, 02:50   #1031
BullyDog

Damien, how do I add games to your console?

By the way, I'd like to make a donation for your work next month. Is my American dollar good here?

Last edited by BullyDog; 13 July 2018 at 04:57.
Old 13 July 2018, 12:00   #1032
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Damien, how do I add games to your console?
Ok, so I'll step you through the basics of adding a game that runs from floppy disk. .HDFs (native install or WHDLoad) and AmigaCD games are a lot more difficult...

Let's say you want to add the game 4X4 Off-Road Racing:
  • Firstly download the .ADFs or .IPFs from EAB File Server from under Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC.
  • Extract into "C:\WinUAE\Games\<gamename>" i.e. "C:\WinUAE\Games\4X4 Off-Road Racing".
  • Start WinUAE and then load a configuration file. For an A500 game I usually use "Alien Storm" or for an A1200 game I usually use "Aladdin [AGA]".
  • Select "Floppy drives", set the number of drives and then add in the .ADFs / .IPFs from "C:\WinUAE\Games\<gamename>".
  • Select "Configurations", change the name to the game you've just added and click "Save".
  • Now test the game, you may need to the adjust resolution under "Display" to fit all graphics on screen. Most times "640x480" is fine but sometimes for others you will need to set "720x576".

So once you're happy with everything and the game runs perfect, it's time to take a title / screenshot and then add these so that they appear in the "Boxart" panel:
  • Firstly read this as it details what environment I set when taking title / screenshots.
  • Load the game just configured, when you get to the title then press <End> + <PrtScn> to take an image.
  • Play the game, when you are at a position for a nice screenshot, press <End> + <PrtScn> again to take another image.
  • Quit WinUAE.
  • Both of the above will be located under "C:\WinUAE\Screenshots" so navigate to this directory.
  • Rename the first image to "___Title.png" and the second image to "___SShots.png".
  • Now cut both of these and then paste them into "C:\WinUAE\Games\<gamename>".
  • Start WinUAE and you should now have everything setup.

Last edited by DamienD; 13 July 2018 at 12:25.
Old 13 July 2018, 12:05   #1033
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
By the way, I'd like to make a donation for your work next month. Is my American dollar good here?
You don't need to but if you want to then

...when I get enough donations, I then distribute to key Amiga community members. I never keep the money myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Donations:

Ok, I didn't really want to have a section for this but since I've had a few PMs asking how to donate for the time / work involved.

If you really want to then of course you can, click here for my PayPal account.

*** Update ***

Please see this post...

Current status of donations: see these posts: 1st and 2nd
Old 13 July 2018, 12:32   #1034
BullyDog

I know I don't need to but I want to. You and the community has given me a lot that I want to show my appreciation.

I have another to ask of you, what I do with the CD files (ISO, CUE etc)?
Old 13 July 2018, 12:55   #1035
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I have another to ask of you, what I do with the CD files (ISO, CUE etc)?
Depending on whether these are CD32, CDTV or AmigaCD...

CD32:
... Start WinUAE and load the configuration "AMIGA CD32" (or "AMIGA CD32 [Xbox 360 controllers]" if you are using your joypad).
... Select "CD & Hard drives".
... Click "Select image file", navigate to where you've stored the files and double click on the .CUE file (if .BIN & .CUE) or the .ISO file.
... Click "Start".

CDTV:
... Start WinUAE and load the configuration "AMIGA CDTV".
... Click "Select image file", navigate to where you've stored the files and double click on the .CUE file (if .BIN & .CUE) or the .ISO file.
... Click "Start".

AmigaCD:
... Start WinUAE and load the configuration "AMIGA CD".
... Tick "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" (this should have already been set in this configuration though).
... Click "Start".

Last edited by DamienD; 13 July 2018 at 13:30.
Old 13 July 2018, 13:16   #1036
BullyDog

Thanks again Damien.
Old 13 July 2018, 16:43   #1037
Valken

Hi Damien,

I had a question about "The Clue" both OCS/ECS and AGA versions. Does either include the expansion missions from "Der Clue" German version or do I need to add it separately?

The AGA version seems to rival the PC version completely!
Old 13 July 2018, 17:02   #1038
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
Hi Damien,

I had a question about "The Clue" both OCS/ECS and AGA versions. Does either include the expansion missions from "Der Clue" German version or do I need to add it separately?

The AGA version seems to rival the PC version completely!
Nope, not included. Do these data disks work with the English version?
Old 14 July 2018, 22:29   #1039
BullyDog

Damien, I'm playing Zool and it asked me to insert disk #2 so I went to floppy drives and set up floppy 1 for disk #2. It didn't work as it still ask for disk #2.

My idea is that the floppy swapper are what I need to use in this situation? How do I use it?

Thanks.
Old 14 July 2018, 22:34   #1040
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Damien, I'm playing Zool and it asked me to insert disk #2 so I went to floppy drives and set up floppy 1 for disk #2. It didn't work as it still ask for disk #2.
This game only supports 1 drive so you can only use DF0:

Quote:
My idea is that the floppy swapper are what I need to use in this situation? How do I use it?

Thanks.
There's really no point using Disk swapper / adding both disks in... you only need to swap disks once the whole game

Anyway, for instructions on how to use Disk swapper you know what I'm going to say

...you add the desired disks into slots and then see Important Keys on how to use.