English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 December 2008, 20:21   #1
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
Amiga Shopper coverdisks

I'd like to finish my Amiga Shopper coverdisk collection as it was the magazine I read the most back in the days and their disks were really useful to me when there was no internet (assemblers, debugging tools, tutorials, etc...).

Could anyone upload ADFs for these coverdisks except issues 21, 23, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 45, 47, 49?

I'll upload a full archive when I've completed the collection
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 20:30   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Hi BlueAchenar,

Have a look in xpect's user folder on the MagixFTP server. He has a folder with Amiga Shooper coverdisks in it. Unfortunately not all of them, but you can get a few of those you want.

prowler
prowler is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 20:38   #3
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi BlueAchenar,

Have a look in xpect's user folder on the MagixFTP server. He has a folder with Amiga Shooper coverdisks in it. Unfortunately not all of them, but you can get a few of those you want.

prowler
Thanks prowler. I'm downloading them right now.

I just have to figure out their naming convention, but I think I'm still missing a few...
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 20:45   #4
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAchenar View Post
I just have to figure out their naming convention, but I think I'm still missing a few...

Well the ones that have "subs" on it is for the subscribers disks for people that subscribed the magazine. Was not included as a coverdisk.

The normal is the cover disks. Shareware was also a bonus to subscribers.
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 20:54   #5
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
Well the ones that have "subs" on it is for the subscribers disks for people that subscribed the magazine. Was not included as a coverdisk.

The normal is the cover disks. Shareware was also a bonus to subscribers.
Well, that explains the 'subs' thing.

I'll update my list later in this thread.
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 21:07   #6
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
I dig out the disks and shareware disks were included as follows:

1 - Issue 21
2 - " 23
3 - " 25
4 - " 27
5 - " 31
6 - " 32
7 - " 33
8 - " 34
9 - " 35
10 - " 36

For a more complete naming / numbering
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 23:02   #7
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
Ok, I think I'm only missing the disks for issues 70 & 71 (the final two issues).

Anyone has these?
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 23:26   #8
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAchenar View Post
Ok, I think I'm only missing the disks for issues 70 & 71 (the final two issues).

Anyone has these?

I checked my disks and the collection i put on the server is complete (i think), because i was a subscriber of Amiga Shopper till issue 69. I didn't bought more "panflets" after that number and missed the final two issues.

Has i still have the original disks i thought of making a scanning of those, to complete the collection but currently i do not have a scanner, but i think would be an ideia.
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 23:30   #9
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
I checked my disks and the collection i put on the server is complete (i think), because i was a subscriber of Amiga Shopper till issue 69. I didn't bought more "panflets" after that number and missed the final two issues.

Has i still have the original disks i thought of making a scanning of those, to complete the collection but currently i do not have a scanner, but i think would be an ideia.
I have scanned mine Not very good quality though
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 23:44   #10
Galaxy
Registered User
Galaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 1,417
Can we add anything that we are missing to AMR?

http://amr.abime.net/coverdisk_index_10
Galaxy is offline  
Old 30 December 2008, 23:54   #11
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Can we add anything that we are missing to AMR?

http://amr.abime.net/coverdisk_index_10

Please Galaxy, do!

Feel free to add the disks you need to AMR!

They're all (minus 70 & 71) on user xpect/AmigaShopper on MagixFTP
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 00:42   #12
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Can we add anything that we are missing to AMR?

http://amr.abime.net/coverdisk_index_10
Hi Galaxy,

I have the following issues of Amiga Shopper magazine which may help to provide information not available on AMR.

Issues 56, 61, 62, 67+Disk, 69+Disk, 71 (cover damage where cover disk removed).

I bought these magazines secondhand without coverdisks, except issues 67 and 69 which still had the disk attached and sealed in the original cellophane bag. Let me know if these are of interest, and I'll scan the relevant pages/disks and upload them for you.

prowler

PS. Many of us are willing to contribute to AMR. Perhaps a thread could be started with details of magazine cover and page scans, disk images and scans required to compete your archive. If you were to concentrate on just a few magazine issues or disks at a time, then this wouldn't be so overwhelming for potential contributors as a blanket request. And make it a sticky thread!

PPS. If this goes well, I might be able to get my hands on many more issues (possibly nearly every one) of Amiga Shopper to scan for you.

PPPS. I have a spare scanner that xpect and/or BlueAchenar is/are quite welcome to borrow to scan his/their disks.
prowler is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 13:44   #13
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post

PPS. If this goes well, I might be able to get my hands on many more issues (possibly nearly every one) of Amiga Shopper to scan for you.

PPPS. I have a spare scanner that xpect and/or BlueAchenar is/are quite welcome to borrow to scan his/their disks.

Well thanks Prowler, but there is no need mate. Last month I've already talked to AlfaRomeo, he still has all the issues of Amiga Shopper, and we talked about next time i go to Lisbon i'll bring a bunch of them to start scanning. I really need to buy a scanner because i need to scan some old music sheet, so i'm going to buy a flatbed A3 one for all of this.
(Well, if i didn't dumped my AmigaShoppers to the trash 9 years ago maybe i'd already started the job. "We need the space" said the missus. Stupid me! )

I think if we are going to make something, we need to coordenate ourselves about who's going to scan what issue numbers.
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 15:48   #14
BlueAchenar
Not dead yet!!! :D
BlueAchenar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aveiro / Portugal
Age: 37
Posts: 690
A similar thing happened to my issues of Amiga Shopper.

Could it be that Alfa has the missing coverdisks?
BlueAchenar is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 17:57   #15
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
Well thanks Prowler, but there is no need mate. Last month I've already talked to AlfaRomeo, he still has all the issues of Amiga Shopper, and we talked about next time i go to Lisbon i'll bring a bunch of them to start scanning. I really need to buy a scanner because i need to scan some old music sheet, so i'm going to buy a flatbed A3 one for all of this.
(Well, if i didn't dumped my AmigaShoppers to the trash 9 years ago maybe i'd already started the job. "We need the space" said the missus. Stupid me! )

I think if we are going to make something, we need to coordenate ourselves about who's going to scan what issue numbers.
@xpect @BlueAchenar:

Thanks for reading my post right through to the end! (The message was mainly for Galaxy's benefit - I hope I get some sort of response this time )

It's good to hear that you are co-operating on this task! However, my offer of help with this is always there - you only have to ask.

Good luck!

prowler
prowler is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 18:42   #16
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Prowler I was only talking about lending the scanner! Any help with the scanning is welcome.

For a start I don't have the scanner and i don't know when I'm gonna buy it. I still need to talk to AlfaRomeo and see if he has all the issues and if there is any number that's missing.

What I'm saying is that we can start thinking of coordinating our efforts.

Even when i get the scanner and magazines it will be a very slow process, because of time constraints. We can talk maybe one magazine per week, but i don't know, of course, until the job is started.
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 31 December 2008, 19:25   #17
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
Prowler I was only talking about lending the scanner! Any help with the scanning is welcome.

For a start I don't have the scanner and i don't know when I'm gonna buy it. I still need to talk to AlfaRomeo and see if he has all the issues and if there is any number that's missing.

What I'm saying is that we can start thinking of coordinating our efforts.

Even when i get the scanner and magazines it will be a very slow process, because of time constraints. We can talk maybe one magazine per week, but i don't know, of course, until the job is started.
Thanks, xpect!

I shall look forward to working on this with you both...

BTW, the offer of the (A4 flatbed) scanner still stands, if you ever find you need it.
prowler is offline  
Old 11 January 2009, 02:48   #18
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi Galaxy,

I have the following issues of Amiga Shopper magazine which may help to provide information not available on AMR.

Issues 56, 61, 62, 67+Disk, 69+Disk, 71 (cover damage where cover disk removed).

I bought these magazines secondhand without coverdisks, except issues 67 and 69 which still had the disk attached and sealed in the original cellophane bag. Let me know if these are of interest, and I'll scan the relevant pages/disks and upload them for you.

prowler

PS. Many of us are willing to contribute to AMR. Perhaps a thread could be started with details of magazine cover and page scans, disk images and scans required to compete your archive. If you were to concentrate on just a few magazine issues or disks at a time, then this wouldn't be so overwhelming for potential contributors as a blanket request. And make it a sticky thread!

PPS. If this goes well, I might be able to get my hands on many more issues (possibly nearly every one) of Amiga Shopper to scan for you.
@ Galaxy,

I'm really beginning to feel like it's a waste of my time trying to be helpful for the benefit of AMR.

You are quick to accuse members who have pointed out what's missing of being less than helpful in contributing to the content, and yet every time I have offered help with this I have been ignored.

My opportunity to get hold of these magazines may soon pass, so a response this time would be best for everyone concerned, if it is not too much to ask.

prowler

Last edited by prowler; 11 January 2009 at 14:46.
prowler is offline  
Old 12 January 2009, 07:04   #19
Galaxy
Registered User
Galaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 1,417
I'm very sorry prowler, I have had hardly any time for Amiga stuff since just before Christmas and this probably won't change for a while.

I will try to check out what I have over the coming few days but no promises on that front. Some of the other AMR team members may be able to help out but I think we're all pretty busy with real life things at the moment.
Galaxy is offline  
Old 12 January 2009, 21:21   #20
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Hi Galaxy,

Apology accepted.

Just make sure it doesn't happen again.
prowler is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga Shopper 52 absence project.TOSEC (amiga only) 10 01 May 2011 01:44
Amiga Shopper 52 absence AMR contributions 0 13 March 2011 15:50
amiga shopper mai AMR contributions 1 15 January 2009 22:44
Amiga Shopper disks jasonver2.0 AMR contributions 2 30 November 2007 22:31
Did anyone else like Amiga Shopper ? Jim Nostalgia & memories 16 02 February 2002 21:26

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.13720 seconds with 15 queries