English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 16 May 2011, 13:07   #141
takis76

New update

Hello my friends I have news.

New version of my engine v0.023

This version presents the basic battle system.

First Monster with AI.
Players now can hold weapons
Monsters can open and close doors
Monsters can't open locked doors
You can kill monsters
Real time battle system
Experience adding during battle
Blocked door if the monster is between a door
Attacking effects and special effects.
Adventure score
Healing potions now heals players.
Players now dies.
Weapon attack with sound effects.
No multiple monsters overlaps in one square.

Download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/epbhbv

Next I will present lockpicking mechanism puzzle and better monster AI.

See you until next update...

Last edited by takis76; 18 May 2011 at 20:21. Reason: More features
Old 20 August 2011, 21:44   #142
takis76

10 versions updated

Hello my friends I have news. I took very long but I upgraded my game 10 versions from 0.023 to 0.033.

I made a lots of improvements and I add a lots of good things.
  • First I completed my portals. Are one of the best things in my game.
  • New sound effects and special effects added.
  • Levers added and now triggers doors (opens/closes) triggers walls (move/remove).
  • Keylocks have more functions , triggers walls and doors.
  • Second monster added zombie.
  • Spell book added , you see what spell you have learnt.
  • Now you can cast spells with magic rune stones.
  • Mana potion added.
  • The game works in more windows 7 computers , people who didn't manage to play and had errors try this new version.
  • The lockpicking mechanism puzzle is not yet ready because , I am looking for graphics and it will be the second best thing in my game.

See the new screenshots.

Now I am working with animated decoration as fire pedestals and cadelabras. (Smooth animation).

See you next time with next update with more surprises...

Download from here:
http://www.commercial-center.com/eob...ine_v0.033.rar

Last edited by takis76; 20 August 2011 at 21:55. Reason: I forgot to add download link :o)
Old 21 August 2011, 07:55   #143
Lord Riton

Nice !

- When i push the first magic button, it says "Heal spell generated", but i don't get healed actually. Did i something wrong ?
- When i want to put an item into the inventory, i have to scroll to the right till i see an empty slot. I think you should make it so we can inssert an item just by puting it on another one.
- When i go up the stair, i find in middle of a big room, and no stairs go down.
- When you hit with a weapon and no monster is in front of you, all weapons will get reset together, was this planed like that ?

I really like the portal animation and sound.

I also liked the fight against that zombi/wearwolf (?)

You are doing a great job ! continue the good work please

Last edited by Lord Riton; 21 August 2011 at 08:04.
Old 21 August 2011, 13:49   #144
takis76

Exclamation Everything works well , you need to get familliar with new user interface

Hello

When you push some runes from the magic panel on the gargoyle to the right , you cast spells , you can push more than one rune button.

Each rune let you 2 seconds until the spell sequence completes and cast some spell.

If you press the first rune only , you see about heal spell generated , and you casted the spell correct , but I don't have created the heal spell yet. This is not a bug.

If you press the first and second rune you will generate burning hands spell.
If you open the spell book you will see what spell you already know and how do you cast them , you can't read the book well for now , because some debuging text overlaps with spell book spell instruction and you can't read the spell well , but don't worry.

When you want to put an item in your inventory and you try to put your item in a slot which there exists other items , just swap the inventory item with the item you have on your mouse pointer , this is correct , if you want to put some item , you need an empty slot in your inventory and you must scroll left or right your inventory until to find some empty slot. This happens and in Lands of Lore too.

When you enter in to a stair , you find yourself in the middle of the room , in fact , you changed a level and the stairs worked , I just told to this stairs to directs to the same level and in some different position x,y in the map.

If I will tell to stair to teleport you in different level , you will see other floor. Stairs works well and you can change levels , map position and direction well as portals. Just , I don't have other levels , in fact there are 20 levels up and below , but are empty for now , in next versions when I will create pits and holes on the floor , you will fall down to lower levels and the stairs will travel you in the map and in labyrinth correct as all Eye of the Beholder games.

When I am attacking and I don't have a monster in front of party , you see "miss" in square without sound , this means you hit nothing and no sound happens , also , I don't reset all weapons , I just reset little quickly , to be ready when a monster arrived in front and fight , also , in Dungeons and Dragons when you don't hit something you are not loosing a round in battle , so , I don't count the attack as real round , when you attack monster you loose the round of each weapon , also try to attack with other unreleted items like keys , even if there is a monster in front , you will see , the same thing happens , so the game trys to tell you , do not fight when nothing is in front , and do not fight with unrelated weapons , like keys , lock picks.

If you try to fight with potions , you will drink them. You can't drink potions from your inventory , you can't fight weapons from your inventory , inventory is storage place only , if you want to interact with some item , just put it on the hand.

Next versions will have more levels up and down to see all the effects better.
And I will not put huge empty rooms , I will put normal labyrinth to play a little.
Old 23 October 2012, 14:16   #145
DJK

Is this project still alive ? looks good so far

Old 23 October 2012, 14:39   #146
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Would love to see takis76 work for similar projects via Legends of Grimrock editor
Old 23 October 2012, 14:41   #147
takis76

Smile The project is still alive.

Hello my friends. I develop my project, I don't have stopped it.
I rewrote whole engine from DarK Basic to Pure Basic and Pure GDK libraries and the game is much nicer, much faster and the resolution is higher.

I have stuck in my level editor because I am looking some good GUI library and I don't have decide yet in which programming language do I use to create the level editor.

I am making research between BlitzMax or Visual Studio express or some Allegro GUI library or even Java.

The main engine goes well and I manage to implement and the automap engine. (Similar to Lands of Lore 1 magic atlas).

I am working now how to make the editor compatible with the main engine.
During construction of the level editor many changes will happen in the main engine.

My game now have and its own home page, the page is empty for now, but I will not say yet much because I keep surprises.

Sometime in the future when I will have nice demo to present not incomplete projects and empty corridors I will inform and you will see and the official opening of my official website the home of Eye of the Beholder 4.

I know I have delayed too much but I am programming alone and I do everything alone , the music , the code , the graphics , the translation , the story , the sound effects.
Old 23 October 2012, 14:52   #148
takis76

Wink

Quote:
Would love to see takis76 work for similar projects via Legends of Grimrock editor
Yes I know about Legend of Grimrock and I am planning to create new wallsets.

Also when the game will be finished, I will create the whole Eye of the Beholder 4 story as a Legend of Grimrock Dungeon.

There are utilities in the Legend of Grimrock forums about change the textures of the main wallsets. I have a plan to create new wallsets for Legend of Grimrock. This is another subject.

Also I have in the lab, making a research of the future dungeon crawler engine like Legend of Grimrock complete 3D in the next game after Eye of the Beholder 4 will finish.

So far I keep the same retro original taste in Eye of the Beholder series.

Thank you very very much you are still interesting about my game.
Old 23 October 2012, 17:42   #149
Marcuz

Can a mod please move takis76's posts about his game and the relative comments to a separate thread? Thanks!
Old 23 October 2012, 18:41   #150
takis76

Quote:
Can a mod please move takis76's posts about his game and the relative comments to a separate thread? Thanks!
Don't you like this place?
Old 23 October 2012, 19:16   #151
Marcuz

It's not that I like it or not, but what business has your game being in Freddix' thread about a resources explorer for Eye of the Beholder?
Old 23 October 2012, 19:36   #152
takis76

Smile

Yes, It was about discussion of resources explorer.
And on this discussion I asked about how to find some easier way to export the wallsets.

Freddix's resource explorer was never released so I started my own way to extract the wallsets and I was present my first wallset I was created for my Eye of the Beholder 4 and slowly people interested to see what I was created and this thread became more popular and I posted my progress here.

For one hand this thread started about how to extract wallsets with Freddix's program , but for the other hand the posts was unrelated about Freddix's program , because there wasn't any link to download the program , but became point of interest about what I have created so far

If moderator wants to move the threads just after my first unrelated post about my game , is welcome to create one new topic with name "Eye of the Beholder IV".

Soon I will have official Eye of the Beholder 4 website and new forums.

Last edited by takis76; 23 October 2012 at 19:42.
Old 23 October 2012, 19:55   #153
Marcuz

At least it could be more visible
Old 23 October 2012, 23:45   #154
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by takis76 View Post
If moderator wants to move the threads just after my first unrelated post about my game , is welcome to create one new topic with name "Eye of the Beholder IV".

Soon I will have official Eye of the Beholder 4 website and new forums.
From which post exactly would you like to split this thread?
Old 24 October 2012, 00:44   #155
DJK

@takis76, I have followed your posts across multiple boards across multiple years. All I can conclude is your love for Eye of the Beholder might even surpass mine (and mine is really big!!)

Whatever time it takes, don't stop doing what you love to do! Looking forward to reading your posts, now and down the road