English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 September 2020, 08:05   #321
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Depending on how well the game will perform on release we might see to do an AGA version as well. That is a REAL AGA version, not some cheap cash in where the game's gfx are exactly the same and only a couple tiny details and a few extra sfx are added (thanks to larger ram).

So i'm holding thumbs for sales of game. And hopefully waiting for AGA version.
Old 03 September 2020, 08:53   #322
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Other than that an AGA specific version is not happening because simply the game is made and optimised for OCS and we'll have to redo the gfx and recode the game to take advantage of AGA features = double the effort. D
I don't understand people asking for AGA-versions of OCS games.
Why should someone redo ALL graphics for catering to a smaller userbase who probably won't buy the game again anyway.

All that time could be spent creating another game.
Old 03 September 2020, 09:22   #323
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Why should someone redo ALL graphics for catering to a smaller userbase who probably won't buy the game again anyway.

I agree on this occasion, where a game is blatantly sparse and low colour looking i could expect comments regarding it, but this OCS game puts AGA games like Surf Ninjas to shame!

The graphics are already stunning, and we know from some other Amiga projects of late feature creep comes in and stops them from being released at all or have been delayed many years, an amazing game like this won’t come along very often, lets get it out there as is for OCS without weapons, (which will already make it probably the best beat em up on the Amiga) and support this version, if people hold off for an AGA version it may well do more harm than good and not get off the ground anyway.
Old 03 September 2020, 10:14   #324
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
I can ask why people nag "why AGA not OCS/ECS" when AGA game is in-dev.

I'll rather buy AGA version than OCS and i'm waiting what's happened. And since there are more and more Vampire cards, people having AGA hardware and some users prefer buy AGA hardware not to mention emulators, AGA version is good idea. I bet people who have possibility of AGA compatibility would buy AGA version.

And Your "smaller userbase" thing is little intolerant about AGA users

PS: I suppose you don't have AGA hardware, do You?
Old 03 September 2020, 10:46   #325
manossg

I, for one, don't own any AGA machine (yet ), but I am all for more AGA love.
Old 03 September 2020, 10:48   #326
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
I agree on this occasion, where a game is blatantly sparse and low colour looking i could expect comments regarding it, but this OCS game puts AGA games like Surf Ninjas to shame!

The graphics are already stunning, and we know from some other Amiga projects of late feature creep comes in and stops them from being released at all or have been delayed many years, an amazing game like this won’t come along very often, lets get it out there as is for OCS without weapons, (which will already make it probably the best beat em up on the Amiga) and support this version, if people hold off for an AGA version it may well do more harm than good and not get off the ground anyway.

As was said, if AGA version would be made, it would be "REAL AGA version" (citation). I suppose not only graphic is planned to change. Maybe more details, weapons, and some other things possible thanks to more ChipRAM, more efficient graphic hardware and faster CPU. Not to mention that additional FastRAM memory is more common on AGA configs.
Old 03 September 2020, 11:50   #327
Reido

Both games look fantastic, as good as any top commercial release. As for OCS v AGA, when the games look and play this good, it's kind of a moot point in my opinion.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:02   #328
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
I can ask why people nag "why AGA not OCS/ECS" when AGA game is in-dev.

I'll rather buy AGA version than OCS and i'm waiting what's happened. And since there are more and more Vampire cards, people having AGA hardware and some users prefer buy AGA hardware not to mention emulators, AGA version is good idea. I bet people who have possibility of AGA compatibility would buy AGA version.

And Your "smaller userbase" thing is little intolerant about AGA users

PS: I suppose you don't have AGA hardware, do You?
Nope, I own a 1200 with a vampire card equipped.

My point is: what's your problem here?
This game looks already much better than most AGA games do.

What you are basically implying is, that this game doesn't look good enough for you as it is. It kind of seems you don't have respect for the vision and resilience of the devs to create an OCS game instead of chosing the easier option of just doing it in AGA.

Then, like stated above, are you aware of the amount of work it would take to create a proper AGA version? All assets, whether it's graphics or music and sound would need to be reworked, code would need to be changed for using a different bitplane setup, etc.

Sorry, if this comes across as a bit bitter old grumpy geezer talk, but I guess I am just a bit tired of the "please create product for MY Amiga" thing that is going on in the Amiga scene, instead of people respecting or admiring a dev's vision.

I know of no other console or home computer scene where it is like this.

You always have people complaining and wishing on the Amiga, instead of being happy that new stuff gets being made in quite a great quality as well.

I have seen people asking for AGA instead of OCS.
I have seen people asking for RTG instead of AGA.
I have seen people complaining it's AGA while it could have been done on OCS in their (often wrong) opinion.
I have seen people complaining it's not NTSC instead of PAL or vice versa.
I have seen people complaining why a game doesn't take their 060 CPU to the limits. Yeah, why did they buy such expensive hardware if they only get jump and runs.
I have seen people asking for WhdLoad instead of a shitty .adf. Now they got those fancy hard disks, they want to use them. Also, vice versa. Why it's only WhdLoad and not .adf?
And off course everybody wants a game to run on their weirdo Frankenstein Amiga setup with obscure 30 year old accelerator cards or you are a bad coder.

And that's the tip of the iceberg. I have heard so many silly complaints because people just don't get their weird wishes.

On the Vectrex, C64, Atari VCS and whatever other platform I ever created something, these things don't exist.
It's usually one setup, and that's it.

The Amiga is a horrible platform for devs in that regard.

/RantOver...

Last edited by Tigerskunk; 03 September 2020 at 12:18.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:12   #329
roondar

Quote:
I know of no other console or home computer scene where it is like this.
I 100%, fully agree. Always found this the weirdest thing about the Amiga scene. It's also the only retro platform I know that has many people post on forums/Facebook about all the things the system can't do or sucks at.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:17   #330
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
I 100%, fully agree. Always found this the weirdest thing about the Amiga scene. It's also the only retro platform I know that has many people post on forums/Facebook about all the things the system can't do or sucks at.
Yup. That as well,
Old 03 September 2020, 12:20   #331
Reido

Yep, it's kind of like asking for an AGA version of Cannon Fodder - eh, why?!!
Old 03 September 2020, 12:20   #332
trixster
Guru Meditating

I'd much rather see what can be achieved with an OCS machine. But if an AGA version appears then that's great too.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:42   #333
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
My point is: what's your problem here?
This game looks already much better than most AGA games do.
And could not only looks better on AGA hardware but also can have more features. And yes, many (not most) AGA games doesn't utilise AGA properly.

Quote:
Sorry, if this comes across as a bit bitter old grumpy geezer talk
Not only this, but You are trying to find some contrived arguments. In basic version there is OCS 0.5MB, ECS 1MB and AGA 2MB configuration. Even more, there is only one AGA basic config, OCS needs additional memory. No one is saying about expensive, weird and rare configs, so your arguments are not fitting at all.

And what's Your problem here, it's not You who are asked for AGA version, and creators of this game are more opened for suggestions than You! :-P

Last edited by Solo Kazuki; 03 September 2020 at 12:57.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:53   #334
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
And could not only looks better on AGA hardware but also can have more features.
And on a PS4 it could have even more features.
Metro Siege is a game made for OCS, and I am sure that was a decision that has been made with some thoughts about it in before.

Quote:
Not only this, but You are trying to find some contrived arguments. In basic version there is OCS 0.5MB, ECS 1BM and AGA 2MB. Even more, there is only one AGA basic config, OCS needs additional memory. No one is saying about weird and rare configs, so your arguments are not fitting at all.
The same point can be (and is being) made about any other config.
It's just that you want AGA. Another person wants other stuff.

Quote:
And what's Your problem here, it's not You who are asked for AGA version, and creators of this game are more opened for suggestions than You! :-
I am just so incredibly tired of this respectless shit going on in the Amiga community.
Old 03 September 2020, 13:15   #335
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
And on a PS4 it could have even more features.
Really?
It's all different and newer hardware, and why not PS5.

Quote:
Metro Siege is a game made for OCS
Did i miss something and game is already finished?

Quote:
decision that has been made with some thoughts about it in before.
And also it's mentioned that "REAL AGA version" might be made.

Quote:
The same point can be (and is being) made about any other config.
And is it basic config? You completely miss the point.

Quote:
I am just so incredibly tired of this respectless shit going on in the Amiga community.
Excuse me, show me my respecless, please. And You probably have some touchiness about requests based on some author considerations.
Old 03 September 2020, 13:22   #336
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Yep, I am very sure they will completely rework all existing assets now, because you had the GENIUS idea that they should have produced this game in AGA instead of OCS.

We have another Trachu on this board, thanks god.
Old 03 September 2020, 13:31   #337
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Yep, I am very sure they will completely rework all existing assets now, because you had the GENIUS idea that they should have produced this game in AGA instead of OCS.

We have another Trachu on this board, thanks god.

Now You trying to insult me?
Again, authors of Metro Siege consider AGA version, and "REAL AGA version" (citation), so genius idea is them, not mine. So please stop saying false arguments.

And please, it was cultural discussion unless You begin make some not too nice catches.
Old 03 September 2020, 15:21   #338
DamienD
Banned

Guys, can we cool it and stop ruining a thread with BS!!!

I do agree with Steril707 though.

@Solo Kazuki; just drop it already. You've got the answer from Tsak:

Quote:
The game will run fine on AGA machines and (of course) there will be a CD version available as well, for CD or CD-32 owners. Other than that an AGA specific version is not happening because simply the game is made and optimised for OCS and we'll have to redo the gfx and recode the game to take advantage of AGA features = double the effort. Depending on how well the game will perform on release we might see to do an AGA version as well. That is a REAL AGA version, not some cheap cash in where the game's gfx are exactly the same and only a couple tiny details and a few extra sfx are added (thanks to larger ram).

Last edited by DamienD; 03 September 2020 at 15:38. Reason: Added Tsak quote...
Old 03 September 2020, 15:31   #339
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Old 03 September 2020, 15:36   #340
roondar

I must admit that the Amiga Bill stream was a very good way to get me hyped for the next level. I just LOVE the idea of a brawler level on moving a subway. I know it's not entirely original, but I don't care - it's such a good idea

So yeah, looking forward to more