English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 22 July 2018, 12:24   #41
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Cheers I'll probably steal that for when I publish to my own site. I may need to do one or two further changes before the 'official' publish though (some minor bugs popped up during testing with friends), do you mind if I apply my changes to your disk image when that happens?
Don't be silly, no need to ask my permission... of course man
Old 22 July 2018, 12:44   #42
zzbylu
Saberman

Small gameplay:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 July 2018, 12:45   #43
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Cheers I'll probably steal that for when I publish to my own site. I may need to do one or two further changes before the 'official' publish though (some minor bugs popped up during testing with friends), do you mind if I apply my changes to your disk image when that happens?
IMHO; the speed is now too slow... can you increase it to somewhere in between v2 and the current v3?
Old 23 July 2018, 01:27   #44
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
IMHO; the speed is now too slow... can you increase it to somewhere in between v2 and the current v3?
Hmm.. I might cut the acceleration further but put the top speed back where it was. I found that (especially with multiple people) the game was a little too lethal, but if it takes longer for it to get really hard, that might work
Old 25 July 2018, 06:17   #45
Playaveli
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

Send a message via ICQ to Playaveli Send a message via AIM to Playaveli Send a message via MSN to Playaveli
Hey earok, great improvements there! Thanks.
Will give it a try on AmigaLive... that should be awesome in online multiplayer!
Old 25 July 2018, 06:30   #46
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playaveli View Post
Hey earok, great improvements there! Thanks.
Will give it a try on AmigaLive... that should be awesome in online multiplayer!
Great stuff! Sorry I haven't been active on Discord lately, I should pay more attention to the AmigaLive server.

I'll drop a line there whenever Prototype 4 comes out.
Old 26 July 2018, 23:15   #47
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Nice! Looking forward to the full game (CD32 version, too? :-)) and testing out V3! Thanks, earok!
Old 27 July 2018, 10:56   #48
earok

Highway Sprint V4 is zoned! I didn't intend to update it so soon, but there's a chance it could be on AmigaBill's show in the next couple of days so I needed to get the most recent changes online as soon as I could.
  • New music by JMD
  • New Title Logo
  • Player One's car is a Police Cruiser
  • Top speed has been bumped up again, but acceleration has been decreased.
  • AI cars are turned on by default
  • More "Trash Talky" feedback text
  • General enhancements and fixes

Last edited by earok; 27 July 2018 at 13:54.
Old 27 July 2018, 11:02   #49
DamienD
Banned

Nice; will test this out over the weekend. Thank you
Old 27 July 2018, 11:05   #50
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice; will test this out over the weekend. Thank you
Cheers forgot to mention that the included ADF is based on the one you made for prototype 3!

Edit: Incredibly minor note, there's a patch on my site (http://earok.net/game/highway-sprint-prototype-4) to replace the cars with 4X4 ones. Just a quick patch from Koyot and I for a kid who prefers offroad vehicles.

Last edited by earok; 27 July 2018 at 14:01.
Old 27 July 2018, 14:06   #51
zzbylu
Saberman

Highway Sprint - prototype 4, gameplay
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 July 2018, 12:50   #52
ransom1122

Highway Sprint v4 Working perfectly..

I like the police lights on the players car.. Just thought of an idea, maybe add an extra lane or two off the road, and have an additional off road challenge
Old 29 July 2018, 00:42   #53
earok

Cheers guys

Amiga Bill, Playaveli and others played it four player online for over an hour on Twitch :O stoked to see a positive response to something that's still essentially a prototype. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290355689

I might do a quick Prototype 5 before next weekend - I've got a small list of feature requests, but if you've got any of your own that you haven't posted, now's the time to do it

Edit: Oh yeah, and that is to say - Highway Sprint is part of AmigaLive's online network play library. Honoured for it to be there! You don't even need to download the game from my site, AmigaLive will install the game via the client. http://www.amigalive.com/

Last edited by earok; 29 July 2018 at 05:24.
Old 06 August 2018, 12:53   #54
earok

I've posted a prototype 5 build (no ADF yet) to http://earok.net/games/highwaysprintv5test.zip. This will probably be the last "prototype", the next future version will be a "demo".

I'm not overly happy with how this one turned out since it was rather rushed, but it should work OK. Asides from a few bug fixes, the main difference with the previous build is there's a new "cops" mode where bots that have lost all their lives become vengeful police cars (and in multiplayer games, the players that have no lives left get to continue on as police cars until every player is out). It's pretty chaotic of course so that mode is entirely optional.

Going forward, I've been thinking about the future of the project. I hope to see it becoming:

* A budget commercial release - I can't see this ever having the depth to warrant a full priced one
* Something fun, replayable and addictive for people playing alone and playing with their friends
* Something nicely polished
* Something with a variety of modes, from a chillout/zen mode where you can't die and just drive at your own pace to relaxing beats, to ones that are exciting and chaotic
* Something running solidly on a 1MB Amiga 500 - Alpine9000 inspired me to never ever release an OCS game that didn't work smoothly on that hardware. To that end, I've got plans to drastically overhaul the engine to squeeze more speed out
* Something downloadable, or available on a single floppy, or available on a disc for CDTV and CD32
Old 06 August 2018, 21:00   #55
zzbylu
Saberman

Highway Sprint - prototype 5/gameplay:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 August 2018, 11:41   #56
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

@earok: Your plans sound beautiful. Hadn't had the chance to play V5, but the first V4 was great fun!
And as a huge CD32 fan and user I would instantly buy a CD32 version!
Old 17 August 2018, 13:48   #57
Gzegzolka

Nice, I hope You will make some fluent transition between scenery, right now it is like only road fit well and everything else do not. You might also add new elements like different cars, very long trucks that took more space on road. Maybe different scenery like winter land covered with snow, desert or my favorite Roadkill highways that are build high above cities. Also You can introduce smaller stuff like ramps to jump above other cars or blocked parts of roads, maybe higways that split into two separate roads that separate players for short amount of time till roads connects again
Old 17 August 2018, 14:05   #58
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Gzegzolka's suggestions are super cool! I like the long trucks, jumping and also splitting roads!
Maybe you could even try to jump on such a long truck and it carries you for 5 seconds or so?
Old 17 August 2018, 21:23   #59
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Many of the above remarks are already to be implemented
Old 16 September 2018, 17:52   #60
Prosonic

earok, we had a blast playing v4 at out aug meeting tonight we are all sold on it (big kids too) 4 player adapter mode works perfect on the old 500 - peter