English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 23 April 2018, 21:14   #1
JayHayman

#doslib (252) Where's it at?

Right, so, it's been around 20 years since I last touched Blitz.

This was the last thing we made as a team for Pagan Games (but never released) Dafel: Bloodline - [ Show youtube player ]

Having bought Amiga Forever a couple of years back I've finally got around to looking through my Amiga archives and low and behold, I have source code, assets for Dafel plus all my personal projects.

But I'm missing library 252 (which appears to be #doslib), apparently, assuming it's not another lib with the same Id.

So I'm against the wall trying to find/fix this.

I've got BB2.1 installed and patched up to SuperTed 2.53 etc...but this lib...grrr, it's missing and none of my projects load.

Oh, I've also ran MakeDefLibs.

My feeble old brain has forgotten how to do this.

Jay (Caradog of Pagan Games).

Last edited by JayHayman; 23 April 2018 at 21:25.

Old 23 April 2018, 22:13   #2
Daedalus

Welcome along! I remember there being some chat about that game in the Amiga magazines at the time, would be interesting to see it getting some sort of proper release

Now, as for your question - the libraries in Blitz are a bit of a weak point, especially since the source is saved in tokenised format meaning that the commands are stored as references to a command along with its library, and not the name of the command. This means that every library used needs to not only be installed, but also have the same library ID number as it did when the source was created. ID 252 does indeed correspond to the Amiga OS dos.library, so that should be fairly standard - it's strange that it's not installed since I have it installed as standard in my setup here.

Check the Blitzlibs:Amigalibs directory, that should have a lot of files that look like the standard LIBS: drawer - dos.library1 and dos.library2 should be in there. That should let MakeDefLibs find it and add it to the big deflibs file.

Another thing you can do is try a clean install of the Ultimate Blitz CD. You'll need the updated installer for it from Aminet (ubbinstall.lha), but that should install everything you need in one go. If you used the Ultimate Blitz CD without the fixed installer, it probably hasn't installed properly and this might be the cause of your issues.
Old 23 April 2018, 22:36   #3
JayHayman

Ah right, I installed from the cd so I'll do a fresh install from the aminet lha installer.

Old 24 April 2018, 00:54   #4
JayHayman

Yup, that worked, now getting syntax errors on GetPatternPosition and ChangeTrackerBlank which I guess are missing libs I'll source out...

Old 24 April 2018, 01:04   #5
JayHayman

D'oh, MakeDefLibs worked

Old 24 April 2018, 09:51   #6
Daedalus

Glad you're up and running
Old 02 May 2018, 11:46   #7
JayHayman

FYI, our never released, WiP demo: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86...nouADDQyK7yXrw