English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 July 2016, 18:13   #561
wmsteele

Yes I was, I have also posted it in this thread, it’s not something I’m hiding, you should really be ashamed of yourself for suggesting I have stolen from you.

It was you who refused to resend or refund a MIA card that was in the post for almost two months, thankfully PayPal stepped in and help me out. I have purchased two RR since then and an additional Indy, blocking me buying your products is obviously not working. You really are a class act.

Offering a refund is not the support we are looking for, I live in hope a fix will become available, although since I’m not actually ‘allowed’ to buy your products I suppose all the iComp hardware I have are without warranty/support. I know you couldn’t care less about you customers but actually displaying that on a public forum is foolish.

Last edited by wmsteele; 19 July 2016 at 18:38.
Old 19 July 2016, 18:20   #562
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
He did write it in these forums, although he probably also offered it individually to the customers who opened a ticket with this exact issue (which is where the information belongs).
Fine for existing customers but what about future customers? Shouldn't information about a known issue be available at the point of sale? I'll keep mine and use it in my A1200 but that wasn't really the plan and had I been given thsaid information I might have chosen differently.
Old 19 July 2016, 18:50   #563
sodapop

Quote:
and all my resellers have strict instructions not to sell any of my products to you due to your behaviour
How legal is this ?

(an happy ACA500 user....)
Old 19 July 2016, 19:13   #564
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
How legal is this ?
I doubt it is illegal to refuse service to certain customers as long as it is not based on gender, race, sexuality etc.. Most shops have bans against people who have been taken shoplifting for example. I'm not picking sides here and you may very well be correct in your explanation of what happened, and it may all have been some misunderstanding, but since him not wanting to deal with you is not something you could take to any court, legally speaking there's not much to do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
Fine for existing customers but what about future customers? Shouldn't information about a known issue be available at the point of sale? I'll keep mine and use it in my A1200 but that wasn't really the plan and had I been given thsaid information I might have chosen differently.
True, some warning could be useful so people don't have to waste time with something they cannot use. But is it completely clear which hardware configuration cause problems? It seems to me that some people have it working while others does not, despite similar hardware.
Old 20 July 2016, 09:51   #565
wmsteele

Its straight forward, Jens wanted me to wait till he had completed an insurance claim, as the package was sent tracked and insured, I had waited weeks and didn’t see that I should have to wait for this to be completed, tracking went dead when the package entered the UK and was like that for weeks, PayPal agreed and refunded. Jens would have been reimbursed and I went and bought a card that shipped from the UK and not direct from him. Banning me from buying iComp products is ridiculous, but thankfully it’s not had any impact as I’ve purchased a good few since then. I will although reconsider any future purchases, or if its something I must have will purchase via a family member or friend as I don’t want any future issues with warranty or ‘support’ issues.
Old 20 July 2016, 12:08   #566
Daedalus

How are you so sure he would have been reimbursed? If the package is shown as delivered - even if it was very late - the insurance wouldn't pay out unless it was a guaranteed delivery time. I know myself that putting claims through for items lost in the post takes an age so it's doubtful that it would have been resolved by the time it was eventually delivered to you. That being the case, Jens is indeed out of pocket and you have ended up with a device you didn't pay for.

Personally I would have made sure a small vendor such as those serving as small a community as ours wasn't out of pocket and paid them afterwards if that was the case, but hey, each to their own.

Also, I still find it strange that you don't want to return something that clearly doesn't work for you. If I was given something as a gift that didn't work, I'd rather return it and exchange it for something that did actually work rather than waste the gift sentiment. I'm sure whoever gifted it to you would be of the same mind - they surely aren't happy that an expensive bit of kit they gave you is sitting in a box, slowly decaying. And if they're not that close that they don't know you're not using it, they probably won't notice if you swap it for something else either.
Old 20 July 2016, 14:26   #567
wmsteele

Jens told me he was making an insurance claim and he would refund or resend when that had been completed. The package was never delivered, tracking showed no updates for weeks so claiming on the insurance was reasonable so I waited... eventually I lost faith in him ever sorting it out so I went to PayPal. I had emailed him back and forth over a few weeks with no resolution or update on the insurance claim. PayPal asked for these emails and the tracking details prior to refunding.

I'm not returning as defective as I know the product can work, I have a RR in a a1200 that works just fine. Also when using a CSMK2 the defective RR works perfectly. I also have a MK2 Indy that doesn't work so well but I'm not returning that either!
Old 20 July 2016, 14:40   #568
dirkies
Zone Friend

Q to wmsteele: did you eventually get the 'stuck' RR or not?
Old 20 July 2016, 14:44   #569
stefcep2

In Australia, consumer law says the seller can repair, replace or refund. I don't think its reasonable for a buyer to demand a repair when a refund is offered. For some reason however customers believe they can demand it, Be interested to hear why that is/
Old 20 July 2016, 14:46   #570
wmsteele

Nope, it never turned up, would like to think that it will eventuality be returned to sender and end up back with Jens, I've since moved so it wont end up with me
Old 20 July 2016, 15:06   #571
Daedalus

Ah, well then it's down to whether someone signed for it or not. If not, Jens should eventually be compensated for it. Have you ever tried to claim for a lost package? It can take *months* for anything to happen, especially for international shipments, and there's nothing the sender can do about it.
Old 20 July 2016, 15:54   #572
roomeo

I think it is quite clear that Jens had the intentions of fixing this problem. Thats why people are "demanding" this from him. The lack of comunication from IComp when there are progress or being "shelved" makes people impatient.
If it has come to take a refund or sod off this is a new turn. I dont think this is what Jens has said either, so please let the man speak for himself.

A little (silly) comparison to the VW scandal. If you get caught lying to your customers about the performance of your producs you will have to pay for it. Either by a compensation or simply just fixing the problem. The sentence "Why dont you just return the car if you are not satisfied" sounds not so fair in this case. Not in the RR case either in my mind.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:06   #573
demolition
Unregistered User

Either you can wait and hope for a fix or get a refund now. You can't refuse to return the item and instead demand that he has to fix the issue. If it was easy to fix, it would have happened already. Perhaps it will never be fixed which is also fine in my book as long as he is willing to refund the people who can't use what they bought.

For VW, it has also been discussed that they should buy back cars from their customers if they could not come up with a proper solution. It may be impossible to find a fix or more expensive than to just refund all the offended customers.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:10   #574
dirkies
Zone Friend

Very very strange a registered, insured and tracked package simply gets lost without anyone being refunded in full by the mailing service as the latter clearly screwed up. Unless someone did sign for delivery but then who? Odd story...
Old 20 July 2016, 16:11   #575
dirkies
Zone Friend

+1 with Demolition, if it doesn't work get a refund, instead of keeping it and complain ad nauseam the seller is dishonest.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:22   #576
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
+1 with Demolition, if it doesn't work get a refund, instead of keeping it and complain ad nauseam the seller is dishonest.
Well.. it is a fucking fact that he is dishonest to new customers of RapidRoad.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:24   #577
dirkies
Zone Friend

Since the source of the issue is unknown and any seller does offer a refund as legally required why is he dishonest?
Old 20 July 2016, 16:28   #578
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
Since the source of the issue is unknown and any seller does offer a refund as legally required why is he dishonest?
The source of the issue is well known. And this information is kept away from any resellers page or the wiki page of the RR.

That is what i call being dishonest.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:32   #579
dirkies
Zone Friend

It doesn't happen al the time on similar configs so I'm not sure that defines it as source known worth adding it to the wiki and scare off customers. It works on my config btw, so personally i have nothing to complain about.
Again dishonest would be known issue and refusing this as a reason for refund.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:41   #580
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Either you can wait and hope for a fix or get a refund now. You can't refuse to return the item and instead demand that he has to fix the issue. If it was easy to fix, it would have happened already. Perhaps it will never be fixed which is also fine in my book as long as he is willing to refund the people who can't use what they bought.

For VW, it has also been discussed that they should buy back cars from their customers if they could not come up with a proper solution. It may be impossible to find a fix or more expensive than to just refund all the offended customers.
IComp has as far as i have understood promised a fix for this. If it has come to this point that a refund is the only option, i think Jens should state this officialy somewhere. Again.. Please, let the man speak for himself..