English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.EAB File Server

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 March 2018, 16:32   #381
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl75 View Post
Hello, Turran...

Also function - to your downloader...
Sorry, I am having a hard time understanding you. You mean that updates to the FTP are very slow but fast on MEGA?

Does not Retroplay update the FTP at basically the same time as his other sources?
Turran is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 17:35   #382
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Age: 44
Posts: 3,217
Yes I do.
Retroplay is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 17:42   #383
Stl75
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Russia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Sorry, I am having a hard time understanding you. You mean that updates to the FTP are very slow but fast on MEGA?

Does not Retroplay update the FTP at basically the same time as his other sources?
In MEGA cloud - updates every for several programm...
On your server - last update 28.02.2017...

Because may be - added this function...???
See you up from posts...

Quote:
You can add -
compare two folders -
old and new from hard disk PC...
And in results - was maded folder
with new archives...
Stl75 is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 18:13   #384
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Yes I do.
Thanks, thats what I thought


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl75 View Post
On your server - last update 28.02.2017...
Where are you looking? Retroplay keeps the games here on the FTP: Commodore_Amiga\Retroplay

Latest update seems to be Ambermoon_v1.1_De.lha from 2018-03-01
Its picked up and downloaded fine using my little program.
Turran is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 18:57   #385
Stl75
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Russia
Posts: 59
Sorry...

I watch - to last changed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	grandis.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	57213
Stl75 is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 19:05   #386
Stl75
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Russia
Posts: 59
Quote:
To create your own account, you must be a member of the EAB Forums here, have at least 15 posts to your name and your last post can be no older than 5 days. If you only just arrived to EAB with nice things to upload but do not yet have the posts to create an FTP account, let me know and I'll add you manually.

You can create your own account from here:
https://www.grandis.nu:444/eabadduser/
Not working...
I not can - create account...
May add manually???
Stl75 is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 19:31   #387
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,850
Not sure where you quote the above from...

Unfortunately these days it's 50 posts; you're half way there
DamienD is online now  
Old 10 March 2018, 21:35   #388
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Actually, its a 100 =) Time to lower it a bit?
Turran is offline  
Old 10 March 2018, 21:38   #389
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl75 View Post
Sorry...

I watch - to last changed...

Attachment 57213
Not quit correct when looking that far up. Only the parent folder of something that has changed gets a new date. Go into Commodore_Amiga\Retroplay\Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games for example for a better view.
Turran is offline  
Old 11 March 2018, 02:16   #390
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Actually, its a 100 =) Time to lower it a bit?
Ooops, yeah why not lower to 50 then
DamienD is online now  
Old 11 March 2018, 09:38   #391
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ooops, yeah why not lower to 50 then
Done =)
Turran is offline  
Old 12 March 2018, 18:36   #392
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 367
I use Clrmame for all rom sets for every system, its by far the the easiest to use, I tried using Romvault once, could not get my head round it?
I get Retroplay's new dats at the end of every month and correct my WHDload collection monthly

Last edited by Viceroy; 12 March 2018 at 19:22.
Viceroy is offline  
Old 12 March 2018, 21:29   #393
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
I'm still copying shit over to my CD32's 8GB CF, it takes such a long time to unpack it all to the Amiga volumes the first time! I decided since Turran isn't maintaining a pack anymore to just start from scratch with Retroplay's latest.

I wish there was a tool that would just create an HDF with everything expanded onto it according to one's specifications. At least if you have an HDF you can set a copy operation to your CF and sort of fire and forget. I have to at least unpack per folder, using the command line, and then doing some cleanup.

OK back to day 3 of copying stuff over
Akira is offline  
Old 12 March 2018, 23:11   #394
Lemaru
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Berks, UK
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I wish there was a tool that would just create an HDF with everything expanded onto it according to one's specifications. At least if you have an HDF you can set a copy operation to your CF and sort of fire and forget. I have to at least unpack per folder, using the command line, and then doing some cleanup.
This is what would be good. I used to use Turran's packs with the Wunpack utility to apply updates and also filter out NTSC, lesser disk versions and non English versions (other than when an English version doesn't exist). Worked great.

Having the dats for RetroPlays set is all good but doesn't allow you to filter out AGA, NTSC, language, etc etc.

The download tool helps quite a bit (thanks Turran) but still not as easy to manage as previously
Lemaru is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 00:11   #395
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
Yeah the download tool helps a lot even if a few foreign language games get through.
I still have to filter it further: I do a set that contain only one version of each game. If there's OCS/AGA/CD32 I only pick the best/most convenient of the three, I am not interested in duplicates.
Akira is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 14:20   #396
Turran
Moderator

Turran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stockholm / Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I'm still copying shit over to my CD32's 8GB CF, it takes such a long time to unpack it all to the Amiga volumes the first time! I decided since Turran isn't maintaining a pack anymore to just start from scratch with Retroplay's latest.

I wish there was a tool that would just create an HDF with everything expanded onto it according to one's specifications. At least if you have an HDF you can set a copy operation to your CF and sort of fire and forget. I have to at least unpack per folder, using the command line, and then doing some cleanup.

OK back to day 3 of copying stuff over
It took me around 1 hour to unpack the full pack to a .HDF when I started from scratch. I just created a 8GB WHD with PFS AIO 3.0, created a speedy amiga in WinUAE, mounted the dir where I've downloaded the games/demos and the .WHD file.

In Diropus, I created the GAMES folder and 0-9 - Z folders on the WHD. Then I just selected all the games in A from where I downloaded them, went into A on the WHD and hit the Arc Ext button. All of A unpacked in 30 seconds.

Repeat for B etc.

Once I was done, I put the CF card from my CD32 & A1200 (seperatly) into the PC. Mounted it and the .WHD file to my speedy emulated WinUAE Amiga and copied. Also very quick =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Yeah the download tool helps a lot even if a few foreign language games get through.
Give me an example and I can add it to the list of non-english games when downloading. I've just missed it.
Turran is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 16:40   #397
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
Ahhh I erased the games now and don't remember, but there were a few Swedish games like Guldkorn Expressen, and polish games. Only very few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
It took me around 1 hour to unpack the full pack to a .HDF when I started from scratch. I just created a 8GB WHD with PFS AIO 3.0, created a speedy amiga in WinUAE, mounted the dir where I've downloaded the games/demos and the .WHD file.
Which LHA version are you using? Mine feels super slow. I have 2.15 Free, using the 68040+ one on an unhinged superfast cpu setup, and still mega slow.

I am also unpacking directly to the CF, on an FFS partition, that will not help (neither would if I was copying).
Akira is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 23:34   #398
jbl007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Give me an example and I can add it to the list of non-english games when downloading. I've just missed it.
Do you use a black list or regular expression to find them?
Regex
_(Cz|De|Dk|Es|Fi|Fr|Gr|It|Pl|Se)(\.|_)

should catch 'em all.
jbl007 is offline  
Old 13 March 2018, 23:50   #399
jbl007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leipzig/Germany
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I am also unpacking directly to the CF, on an FFS partition, that will not help (neither would if I was copying).
Writing a large amount of small files to flash media can be painful. Perhaps it's better to use a hard file (including RDB of course) with the exact size of the CF and copy/extract your files to it. Once this is done raw-write the image to CF. Sequential write is usually much faster.
jbl007 is offline  
Old 14 March 2018, 01:55   #400
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Writing a large amount of small files to flash media can be painful. Perhaps it's better to use a hard file (including RDB of course) with the exact size of the CF and copy/extract your files to it. Once this is done raw-write the image to CF. Sequential write is usually much faster.
You know, yeah, I am an idiot, and did not think of this option.
Can Win32Imager write an HDF back to a CF?
Akira is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHDLoad demos/games do not work on SFS; FFS is OK Lurbi project.ClassicWB 4 03 August 2009 01:50
Amiga WHDLoad Games (& Demos) JULY Updates 2006 killergorilla Amiga scene 73 16 November 2006 00:14
Amiga WHDLoad Games April/May 2005 Update (and some demos) killergorilla project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 22 05 June 2005 05:27
REQ: WHDload games for March pack killergorilla project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 1 31 March 2005 13:09
Needed WHDload Games For January Pack killergorilla request.Old Rare Games 21 22 January 2005 21:16

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10113 seconds with 16 queries