English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 March 2004, 10:16   #21
terryhan

You might be a bit early. I don't think TheBoss leaves the FTP running 24/7.
Old 04 March 2004, 10:21   #22
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Not working at - 0922 GMT 04/03/2004
Old 04 March 2004, 10:24   #23
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Just started ftp so go for it
Old 04 March 2004, 12:33   #24
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBoss
Just started ftp so go for it
Its on its way up......Thanks Boss

PS..I included the shots so later on people can look and decide first b4 wasting time downloading ( just in case its not thier thing )
Old 04 March 2004, 13:27   #25
Amiga1992

SYNCHRO DUDE!

Remember me? from the old Emulation Talk board?

I remember I helped you out with some matter and you kindly sent me two of your CDs (which have a frontend like this one, nice to see you are still making them ), Resurrection and MAME vs SNES!

At leat I think you are the same dude, this Amiga Tribute CD looks way too similar to the CDs I have.

If you are other Synchro, tell me to "sod off, loonie"
Old 04 March 2004, 13:41   #26
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
SYNCHRO DUDE!

Remember me? from the old Emulation Talk board?

I remember I helped you out with some matter and you kindly sent me two of your CDs (which have a frontend like this one, nice to see you are still making them ), Resurrection and MAME vs SNES!

At leat I think you are the same dude, this Amiga Tribute CD looks way too similar to the CDs I have.

If you are other Synchro, tell me to "sod off, loonie"
HEY AKIRA !!!!
Yep its the one and the same........Hows it going mate....some old names starting to pop up here......Thought you guys would be long gone by now......Glad you reminded me about the other CD,s.......perhaps i could get them uploaded to the retro section......Seems a waste to have those sitting in the side as well

Whatever happened to McWildstyle

For those who are wondering heres some pics of the CD's Akira is talking about .....if anyone wants to point me in the right direction
i will see if thier interested
Again they all run from CD !!!!!

Last edited by synchro; 04 March 2004 at 14:07.
Old 04 March 2004, 14:11   #27
Amiga1992

I think Wildstyle did some "silly" things, the "scene" hated the guts out of him so he quitted. Haven't seen him around here for years, I think he's maintaining some CPC site or something. I'll check, his username here was "Malc" or something like that. Yup, here's his info

And here's his last post:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...648#post124648

It's funny coz I have the "Resurrection" CD besides me now, a friend of mine gave me a Speccy as a late birthday present and we were grabbing games from your compilation to transfer to the Speccy!

So I checked this thread and saw your name and thought "fucking hell, some coincidence!".

Since I am not into emulation anymore,specially not into harvesting ROMs and shite from the net, your CDs proved very useful all january when I was working on the road with my iBook. I had good games to play on the bus

Cheers, nice to have you around.
Old 04 March 2004, 14:50   #28
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Yea i know he did.......and my god......A.L.E.....i remember that......it was updated every 5 minutes or so going by the posts

keep in touch.....my next project may be converting the CD's to run direct from XBOX as that becoming very popular now

Or starting a new one for XBOX from scratch !!!
Old 04 March 2004, 15:22   #29
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

And this apparently - http://ale.abime.net/
Old 04 March 2004, 15:48   #30
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally posted by synchro
Yea i know he did.......and my god......A.L.E.....i remember that......it was updated every 5 minutes or so going by the posts

keep in touch.....my next project may be converting the CD's to run direct from XBOX as that becoming very popular now

Or starting a new one for XBOX from scratch !!!
WOW....love the intro.....I quite liked the original site.....i dunno what happend back then but there was a lot of bad feeling in the end........It was long ago though
Old 04 March 2004, 15:50   #31
Big-Byte
Long time member

Those cds look very good. I remember making a version of Mame that ran all the Games from (and fitted on) one cd way back. Infact Ive still got it (v36 something)

Now of course mame comes on 5 DVDs !!!!! (including chds)

There are already lots of compilations of emulators plus games going around for xbox so its probably not worth your time in making another one of those.

Have you started uploading to BippyM ftp yet? I too am interested in the Amiga cd you have and also have an ftp to 'share the love'
Old 04 March 2004, 15:58   #32
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Its on its way up......im hoping it will be done b4 Boss closes the FTP....il keep going if he will
Old 05 March 2004, 00:07   #33
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
I just tested the CD after I found out it was already uploaded a few hours ago but everything seems to work fine Tomorrow morning you can all download the CD for free on my ftp so prepare to spread this baby Thx synchro
Old 05 March 2004, 15:04   #34
andyr

Quote:
Hey Andy mate......hows it going ...its been a while....
Actually its Xbox thats brought me back to the scene....it emulates the amiga better than my pc for some games.....
Certainly has been a long time m8!

Xbox - emulates Amiga really well and there's a ton of Amiga stuff on my xbox HD. Wouldn't say it emulates better than the PC though!

I produced a disk a couple of years ago, initially for PC illiterate friend but the disc did the rounds...it had 40 of the (IMO) best games from these systems...

Master System
NES
SNES
Megadrive
N64
GameBoy
Arcade (MAME)
Amiga

Basically, you clicked on the name of the game and it then displayed instructions for play and then ran.

Back in th 56k days, it would have taken an age to d/load the titles but today, most people who are interested would probably have the titles.

Anyway, good to hear you're still about m8!
Old 05 March 2004, 15:32   #35
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally posted by andyr
Certainly has been a long time m8!

Xbox - emulates Amiga really well and there's a ton of Amiga stuff on my xbox HD. Wouldn't say it emulates better than the PC though!

I produced a disk a couple of years ago, initially for PC illiterate friend but the disc did the rounds...it had 40 of the (IMO) best games from these systems...

Master System
NES
SNES
Megadrive
N64
GameBoy
Arcade (MAME)
Amiga

Basically, you clicked on the name of the game and it then displayed instructions for play and then ran.

Back in th 56k days, it would have taken an age to d/load the titles but today, most people who are interested would probably have the titles.

Anyway, good to hear you're still about m8!

What i meant was more games seem to work....UAEX seemsto be based on the dos version rather than windows....this means games like robocop3.....and many others that failed to work on winuae will work on xbox....give a few you couldnt get working a go

As for speed......well its about the same as a real 1200......3d stuff IE.... AB3D still runs like a dog
Old 09 March 2004, 07:10   #36
zerohero

Thanks, Synchro for a great CD compilation i haven't had much time playing with it but i think the layout is great for the games and the artificial workbench.

I have a couple of questions too

The games seems to work ok but the ones that is in the adz format compressed doesn't run from the cd, i have to run them from a locally installed verison of uae. I suspect that winuae needs to have access to a writable media to decompress the packed adf and that it uses the current directory on the cd??

Does anybody have a workaround for this i would really like to run the games from the cd.

The "CD Boot" option, is it for rebooting the computer and autostarting the Tribute cd or booting on an amiga cd??

Oh yes, i uploaded the Tribute Cd to codys ftp ...
Old 09 March 2004, 11:04   #37
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally posted by zerohero
Thanks, Synchro for a great CD compilation i haven't had much time playing with it but i think the layout is great for the games and the artificial workbench.

I have a couple of questions too

The games seems to work ok but the ones that is in the adz format compressed doesn't run from the cd, i have to run them from a locally installed verison of uae. I suspect that winuae needs to have access to a writable media to decompress the packed adf and that it uses the current directory on the cd??

Does anybody have a workaround for this i would really like to run the games from the cd.

The "CD Boot" option, is it for rebooting the computer and autostarting the Tribute cd or booting on an amiga cd??

Oh yes, i uploaded the Tribute Cd to codys ftp ...
Thanks for the feedback
The cd boot basicly for running amiga magazine cd's from your pc cd rom drive......It does work but its been a while since i tried....Let me have a go and get back to you with further info

Ok...I just tried it and it works....pop an AMIGA MAGAZINE disk into your cd rom......follow the onscreen instructions and the cd will boot as if it was in an amiga....However there are 2 things to consider

1...It wont run cd32 cd;s

2...your drive configerations may make a difference...when this was made almost everyones PC was setup as A.C.D drives....im not sure secondary masters or slave cd's will boot them....Its a case of playing with it

The ADZ problem..........well as long as you have GZIP.EXE in your winuae dir it should work fine......Could be a winxp thing as GZIP was dos based i think ????? It used to work on 98 but it doesnt seem to on my xp ??? Can anyone running win98 confirm this ..

Last edited by synchro; 09 March 2004 at 11:32.
Old 10 March 2004, 03:38   #38
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Hooooo Positive...

Tested ... (98SE)...

Works. No external GZIP needed in the later WinUAE builds.
I bet all the magic is now done by zlib.
Old 10 March 2004, 09:53   #39
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Re: Positive...

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Tested ... (98SE)...

Works. No external GZIP needed in the later WinUAE builds.
I bet all the magic is now done by zlib.
Thanks andreas
That confirms that little prob !!!...

Winuae has got so much better since then and i know theres loads of stuff out there already on cd and DVD....Just wondering whether you guys think theres room for another DVD version of Tribute much bigger...more runnable games all menued and runnable from DVD ?????

What do you think??? or would it be a time waster ????

cuz it does take a while to make
Old 10 March 2004, 10:32   #40
zerohero

>.Just wondering whether you guys think theres room for another >DVD version of Tribute much bigger

I think its a great idea , if you want some help perhaps i can contribute?!

I have already started modifying the current Tribute CD with the lastest Winuae to be able launch the "adz" files and tweaking some configurations for better performance.

Alot of games could benefit from cpu: jit mode like doom for example and alot of good AGA games could be included.

It would be great if the assassin pd collection which is included on the CD could be launched from a menu selection and if the latest AIAB with scalos could be launched "on the fly" from the CD.

I was thinking of using tugid to rename all disk images on the cd with the Tosec names to better get an idea of what's there..

Another idea, Making another Tribute CD with a theme like including, reviews and screenshots from the excellent threads:

Cody Jarrett's Splendid Top 20 Shareware
CodyJarrett's Amazing Top 20 Amiga Games

With codys permisson of course