English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 28 June 2013, 03:51   #41
xArtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by galu View Post
@GnoStiC (testing) - email sent.

By the way, an issue that could be taken into account... All the emulators on Android are plagued by terrible on-screen controls - and UAE4All, which is actually the only usable Amiga emulator on Android, is no exception. I wrote my own virtual joystick for Android PHONES, that can be used (optionally) with UAE4All and other Atari, C64 and Spectrum emulators, but on the iOS it wouldn't be so trivial.

My controls were designed along the lines of my favourite iOS platform/jump&run/racing games (they're not suitable for all games from all genres):
- the left/right controls are separated from up/down controls (no D-PAD nonsense - no need to worry about "centering" your touch - you just slide your left thumb between LEFT and RIGHT buttons and your right thumb between UP and FIRE [and DOWN]) + on the Amiga, it's no-brainer in platform games, where you use "joy up" as "jump"
- the buttons are designedly wide (so you won't press the wrong button or miss it)
- the buttons are placed on the edge of the screen (you don't need to hold your hands over the screen - it's enough to press the very bottom of the button)
- "tactile feedback" - the device vibrates for 1 or 2 milliseconds when you press or release any button (and when you slide your finger from RIGHT to LEFT button etc.)

It's very hard to set-up on Android, so few people will take the trouble to check this out, but I'm pretty sure it's the way to go (and, more specifically: various controller types for various kinds of games). Link: http://dev.galu.info/quickjoyime.html (incl. Google Play link, there is already a thread on EAB)
I don't have an Apple stuff jailbroken now, and no android here,
so don't know exactly what's happening with Android UAE4all.

When the user touches the screen, you store that point as the origin,
and watch for movement. On movement you can sample the next screen point,
and calculate it's angle (bearing) from the origin.
Then find the nearest joystick angle to the angle you calculated,
and that's the joystick movement.
As soon as that happens the current screen point becomes the new origin.

That's what R-Type is doing to let you touch any part of the screen and move.
iOS Pacman is doing the same thing, but doesn't have to have any method of firing.
Old 29 June 2014, 21:17   #42
CypherXG

Smile

Next time i release an Amiga Emulator on iPad.
iOS 6.x-7.x Compatible

It supports
1,5 Mb Chipram
Fastram is supported next time...
Selectable Kickstart Roms
Disc Eject
4 Floppys support
and many many more nice Features
P.S. The Game controls are perfect. No Bug shit again. Now u can play Turrican and the other Games

First Pictures:

Have Fun

Last edited by CypherXG; 29 June 2014 at 21:30.

Old 29 June 2014, 23:00   #43
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
Wow amazing work, please make sure it has an English translation for us non-German speaking folk
Old 30 June 2014, 12:25   #44
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherXG View Post
Next time i release an Amiga Emulator on iPad.
iOS 6.x-7.x Compatible

It supports
1,5 Mb Chipram
Fastram is supported next time...
Selectable Kickstart Roms
Disc Eject
4 Floppys support
and many many more nice Features
P.S. The Game controls are perfect. No Bug shit again. Now u can play Turrican and the other Games

First Pictures:

Have Fun
Saw this yesterday on german forum. Any chance of making joystick switchable and also on screen all the time. As its unusable, you tap what you think it UP and it makes the joystick appear and do nothing, you have to slide your finger UP while its on screen. Its aweful.
Old 30 June 2014, 21:51   #45
CypherXG

I tiled the Screen 50%-50%.
You can can tip on the left Side anywhere and slide ur finger in any direction u want to move ur ship or somthing u wanna control in ur game.
Parallel u can use the other Side of the Screen and Tap anywhere to Fire or Jump ....
Mutlitouch is no problem anymore.

This is no buggy Control Shit.

This is absolutly perfect Game playing. A dream to play R-Type, Turrican and many more.

Greets CypherXG

Old 30 June 2014, 23:14   #46
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I tiled the Screen 50%-50%.
You can can tip on the left Side anywhere and slide ur finger in any direction u want to move ur ship or somthing u wanna control in ur game.
Parallel u can use the other Side of the Screen and Tap anywhere to Fire or Jump ....
Mutlitouch is no problem anymore.

This is no buggy Control Shit.

This is absolutly perfect Game playing. A dream to play R-Type, Turrican and many more.

Greets CypherXG
Is there a download, or a video showing. As I said, I would rather stick on left and visable (transparent) all the time.
Old 03 July 2014, 01:20   #47
CypherXG

Added some Memory.
Amiga have no 1,5 MB Chip and 1,5 MB Slow Ram.
Now i'm adding some fastram. :-)

Old 03 July 2014, 02:20   #48
Amiga1992

When are you releasing it?

Can we play fullscreen instead of with a horrible border?
Old 03 July 2014, 09:32   #49
CypherXG

I'm working 4 this to Zoom in/out in Fullscreen Mode.
First time the Screen was Fullscreen but its hard to play games because the fingers usually cover your character, of course, except racing games.

For the purpose of your request when I publish the emulator:
It will take a little longer. There are definitely still too many errors which should be corrected. Let me some time. Show a little patience then you have more fun with it.

I'll keep you up to date

Greets CypherXG

Last edited by CypherXG; 03 July 2014 at 09:37.

Old 03 July 2014, 09:53   #50
Amiga1992

I suppose we need jailbroken devices to use this, though, right?
Old 03 July 2014, 10:39   #51
CypherXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I suppose we need jailbroken devices to use this, though, right?
At the moment.
I try to get licenses from Cloanto to use Roms. They write:
CBM/Amiga files, including Amiga OS files ("Kickstart", "Workbench", bootblock code, etc.) and the older 8-bit system ROMs (PET/CBM, C64, etc.), are copyrighted and can only be used or distributed under license.

Second hope: Apple allow this to upload this in Appstore.

Quote:
When are you releasing it?

Can we play fullscreen instead of with a horrible border?
Do u think the border is horrible?

Last edited by TCD; 04 July 2014 at 00:28. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged

Old 03 July 2014, 11:28   #52
Amiga1992

Quote:
Do u think the border is horrible?
Sorry, yeah. It also looks squished vertically.
I would rather have a neutral interface than a bright background that diverts my attention.
It even has text that detracts attention from what's really important: the Amiga display.
Old 03 July 2014, 11:35   #53
CypherXG

Quote:
Sorry, yeah. It also looks squished vertically.
I would rather have a neutral interface than a bright background that diverts my attention.
It even has text that detracts attention from what's really important: the Amiga display.
Sry i correct this.

Old 03 July 2014, 12:07   #54
CypherXG

Done

Old 03 July 2014, 14:09   #55
Amiga1992

?
It's still the same squished image.
Old 03 July 2014, 18:15   #56
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Second hope: Apple allow this to upload this in Appstore.
This will never happen. Strange thing is, they let Defender of the crown on appstore which is just Amiga setup to run one game.
Old 04 July 2014, 00:26   #57
ransom1122

I'd like to see English and also non border. There's no point to have the border
Old 24 July 2014, 13:09   #58
xArtx

They are fine if you have permission from Cloanto for the Kickstart,
and the emu is only allowed to play games you have Copyright for/permission to use.
If they found out DOTC could play other images it would probably be gone.
The only reason mine is out is I let the developer annual fee lapse.

CypherXG, looks very nice, but If you submit a general emu like that it's not passing review.
Old 26 July 2014, 23:37   #59
CypherXG

DOTC is not longer in this Source Code. The old Code is replaced 60% with new Code.
Many things have changed. The Screen u see in my old posts are old.
Now the Emu is borderless and have fullscreen size.
Now you can pause and resume the emulator, you can make Screenshot from your actually screen by pressing one button and not the Power&Home switch combination.

Next i implement some new Features like Speed select from the amiga. Many, many cycle time bugs to correct.
I know that it's easy to use ADF images but i try to implement the orginal IPF Image File format
Quote:
Excerpt from Wikipedia:

IPF FILE FORMAT

The ADF file format can only store disks that have legal AmigaDOS format tracks. Disks with non-standard tracks may be available in ADF format, albeit cracked in order to create a regular AmigaDOS volume.[citation needed] However, the Amiga itself was not limited to storing data in these standard tracks. The Amiga's floppy disk controller was very basic but transparent, and for that reason very flexible allowing disks of other and custom formats to be read and written as well. Disk handling is not locked down like the one in a modern PC, and so most of the work to read and write disks is done by the operating system itself.[1] However, because programmers did not have to use the operating system routines, it was quite normal for games developers to create their own disk formats [2] and also apply many different sorts of copy protection.[3] As it was, most full-price commercial Amiga games had some form of custom disk format and/or copy protection on them. For this reason, most commercial Amiga games cannot be stored in ADF files unaltered, but there is an alternative called Interchangeable Preservation Format (IPF) which was specifically designed for this purpose.

The Software Preservation Society Interchangeable Preservation Format (.IPF) is an open format for which the source code of the official library is available.[4]
Ok that's all 4 now.
Let me some time.....

Greetz CypherXG

Last edited by CypherXG; 28 July 2014 at 09:24.

Old 09 August 2014, 07:49   #60
Pyromania

@CypherXG

Good luck with this project and thanx for the hard work. Please let me know when it's available to purchase in the App Store.