English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 March 2011, 06:41   #1
AmigaDave

Fighter Duel - Mustang vs Zero Pro ???

I put a bid in on the game mentioned in the title of this thread and found myself wondering about the description provided. It stated that dual person play is possible via modem/null modem, which I would expect from a game like this, but the other statement about being able to see a rear view on a separate monitor if connected to a second Amiga, caught my attention.

Is anyone here familiar with this game and if yes, could you tell me how the rear view via a second Amiga is accomplished? What type of connection is required between the two Amigas and if it is a Serial connection, this would prevent playing in two player mode via a modem/null modem cable, unless the Amiga used has multiple Serial ports.
Old 29 March 2011, 08:51   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
In case nobody has more details, there are some info. about this in the manual of Fighter Duel Pro 2 (not exactly the same game but I guess there won't be differences on this point), page 25 (or PDF page 18)

http://hol.abime.net/4544/manual
Old 30 March 2011, 00:36   #3
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
In case nobody has more details, there are some info. about this in the manual of Fighter Duel Pro 2 (not exactly the same game but I guess there won't be differences on this point), page 25 (or PDF page 18)

http://hol.abime.net/4544/manual

I doubt I can find that parallel port cable adapter anywhere now, I wonder if anyone knows how to make one after all these years?

Cool, but strange feature though to build into any game, that it would require a whole separate computer just to render the rear view, while the main computer is rendering the front view and then you can connect it to another pair of Amiga computers to play against a live opponent, who also has a second Amiga for his rear view rendering. 4 Amigas with two game players, playing one game. Very strange, but I suppose they could not do it any other way at that point in time, as the power of each Amiga was not sufficient to do all the rendering and there wasn't any way to have a dual monitor display from one Amiga (not counting bridgeboard equipped Amigas with their own separate graphics cards).

I will have to play without the rearview option, unless someone knows how to make an adapter cable, or has one of those adapters from the game's original developer.
Old 30 March 2011, 01:04   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
I will have to play without the rearview option, unless someone knows how to make an adapter cable, or has one of those adapters from the game's original developer.
Yes, I guess it won't be easy to find.
You can always try and post a request on amibay:
http://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33