Old 02 August 2001, 17:19   #1
sborat

King's quest 2

master of leech is back again !

anyone has King's quest 2 ADFs ?

Thanks

Old 02 August 2001, 18:32   #2
morph72

Oh my. Now that's one easy to find game...

For starters, you might have tried here:
http://www.back2roots.org/Games/Downloads/K/

Downloads are only enabled part of the day, but on the other hand BTTR has the permission of Sierra to offer those King's Quest games. So you don't have to feel guilty leeching from there!

Besides, you could have found it in one of these places if you had actually bothered to look for it on your own:

AmigaMagix: http://www.crosswinds.net/~bestamiga/

LeChuck's site: http://amiga.supergamez.hu/

The DreamZone: http://members.tripod.co.uk/TheDreamZone/

... and there's probably a dozen others, as IanCharge has already pointed out!!!

Did you ever use Jambo's search engine or the UAE Files Archive as described in RCK's announcement? Sometimes a simple search with Google will do.

Old 02 August 2001, 19:06   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Actually, RCK may have to move this thread to Problems-Games.
KQ 2 is difficult to emulate on the emulators, if that is what sborat uses. Has anyone managed to get this game to run on winfellow or WinUAE?
Please..if you have, upload the config
Old 02 August 2001, 19:31   #4
Paul
RIP Friends

I have the PC version so I am OK. It is a challenge to get it to work, it looks like the disk from BTTR has errors.

Yes I tried it with the config from BTTR but I do not have ks1.2.rom.

When I tried to access it though WB I got the following

<Ian>
Removed screenshot of checksum error.
</Ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 00:51.
Old 02 August 2001, 19:43   #5
morph72

It works fine with WinUAE 0.8.14 R3. Needs the OCS chipset and Kick 1.2 I think!

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 24 October 2001 at 00:44.

Old 02 August 2001, 19:45   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

paul, the version may not be the problem. I have tried it from other sites. And still a problem. Of course, maybe all the sites i downloaded from have the same ADF. I will send you the kick 1.2 in your e mail if you wish. leave me your e mail addy in next post. be patient because I am at work now, so i'd send it to you within 6 hours. For reasons of legality, I cannot post it here....besides RCK and Akira would smash my skull to pieces.
Old 02 August 2001, 19:51   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Hmmm...interesting , Morph. But I have used that config and use WinUAE 8.14 r 3 as my main emu. maybe you have the good , working ADF. Would you post it on the ADF Zone?
Much thanks. All the sites I have downloaded it from have not worked. maybe THAT is why Sborat made this thread. If you did, sborat, you should have been more exact...but I am only guessing here
I was relegated to using the Atari St version, which is pretty good. The PC version?? EEECCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..Paul..now if this works you can throw the PC version out
Old 02 August 2001, 19:57   #8
Paul
RIP Friends

I know the INTERNAL PC SPEAKER DID MY HEAD IN:kill

YESSSSSSSSSSS I got BTTR one to work. You need ks1.2

Last edited by Paul; 02 August 2001 at 20:04.
Old 02 August 2001, 19:59   #9
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

BEEP! BEEP! DOOOOOOOT! DING!!
God damn, what did those programmers smoke when they did that retarded shit????:laugh :laugh
Old 02 August 2001, 20:09   #10
morph72

LOL fredtgreat!

I remember playing Day of the Tentacle on my good ole 486 ... one of the greatest games ever IMO. Somewhere in the game was a computer (or was it an arcade cab?) where you could play Maniac Mansion. I nearly laughed my arse off when I suddenly heard my pc speaker spouting out the title music of Maniac Mansion. Thank god (Al Gore?) for the invention of sound cards!

BTW: Sure, I could upload my version of King's Quest II, but I'm quite certain it's the same as the one from BTTR.

Old 02 August 2001, 20:19   #11
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

D'accord...I have a good copy at home, if I remeber. Actually, just in case, post it anyway if you can, Morph72
HEY! Day of tentacle was GGGGGRRREAT!!!
Me, when I was younger, had the NES..yes, NES version of Maniac Mansion. It was really nice. If I can learn how to do double barrel screenshots like you, Cody and Twist, i'll do one of NES\Amiga
Did you vote in this poll I put up last week, about Sierra games?

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?threadid=886
Old 02 August 2001, 23:01   #12
morph72

Never played any of those Sierra games, apart from Leisure Suit Larry. Not that I didn't want to, but where I lived (rural rathole) I wasn't able to get my hands on loads of miggy software like some of you guys, even though there was a wee bit of 'schoolyard trading' going on. I'm only beginning to discover all those great old games now, through emulation...

Now to something completely different:
Double barrel screenshots - Their Secret Unveiled!

Make 2 screenshots... check out §ane's wonderful guide on "The correct way to create screenshots with WinUAE" here. Let's say you now have 2 pics, the size of each being 320x200. Choose the first pic and add a border of 320 pixels on the right side (in PSP you go to "Image -> Add Borders", don't know about Photoshop, but it'll be similar). See where I'm going? Now you highlight the second pic, copy it, and paste it into the first one - right into the large empty space you've just created by adding those 320 extra pixels. Et voilà!

P.S.: You'll want to reduce the colour depth of those pics, but wait until you've joined them together to do that! Otherwise the copy/paste thingie might get a bit messy.

Old 03 August 2001, 00:14   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSS I got BTTR one to work. You need ks1.2
Briefly: this disk is FUCKED.

I found more checksum errors. Paul is nothing but right (and that is not because you're using Kickstart 3.0! This simply _must not_ happen!).
We've got checksum errors in block #11 and block #1752 (in case they are the only ones).
Who the hell did dump THIS?
I'd only say that an AmigaDOS disk is "working" if I can copy the files *without* errors to the hard disk.
This is not the case here so we need an error-free copy.
Old 03 August 2001, 00:37   #14
morph72

@andreas: I got the game to work... yes, the BTTR version... maybe those track errors only show up later in the game? Anyway, it would be nice if someone could redump it.

Old 03 August 2001, 00:53   #15
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
You got it. Getting it to work doesn't mean it actually WORKS.

I read something on the BTTR KQ 2 "Forum" (well, sorta) that some people reported errors, among them a post containing a complaint about a crash near Grandma's House.
I claim this to be true.
The file vol.1 is error-free, though, but the file "vol.2" has an error on block #1752, this means that you are supposed to get the error later on in the game and not right at the beginning.
Old 03 August 2001, 07:08   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, well I have uploaded a working (with the posted config file) version of King's Quest II that has no corrupted files on it. Essentially it is the same version that has the error, only I removed the bad file and replaced it with a clean copy. The replacement file came from a different copy of the game I have that is not a booting disk, but rather loadable via Workbench. I didn't think anybody wanted to deal with this copy because it's not 'plug & play', but if some fanatic wants it, let me know and I will post it as well.
Old 03 August 2001, 07:13   #17
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Oh, another sidenote. To the best of my knowledge, the release version of KQ2 was not bootable. When I was looking at the heavily spread version, it appeared to have come from a compact with the other games deleted and a few other modifications (the disk was named DP, instead of KQ2, the directory structures were different than the original, etc.)

Compacts traditionally took a beating in the swapping circles, so errors on them or corrupted 1-parted games on them are not uncommon.

Perhaps we should supply BTTR with a clean copy so the bad one can stop being spread?
Old 03 August 2001, 09:39   #18
morph72

Thanks for uploading that 'fixed' version of KQ2 Twistin'! I for one would love to get hold of a copy of your non-bootable, unmodified version too so I can stick it in the TOSEC dat. I'd rather go with that one that with BTTR's, which is obviously badly fucked up.

Old 03 August 2001, 11:30   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, I'll go upload it real quick.

I tested this in WinUAE with Workbench 1.2 and the config file that was posted here. It worked fine loading it from WB that way.

BTW: I would like to see to see those original KQ1-4 dumps.
Old 03 August 2001, 12:47   #20
icycool
Banned

Ok, I have dumped KQ 1-4 Originals, and also Conquests of Camelot & Quest for Glory II - Trial by Fire.

I have uploaded KQ2, and will upload the others on request, and all clean dumps will be forwarded to ARP