English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 March 2003, 16:05   #1
aebrown-u

AmiDOCK (running on AMiga OS 3.9 BB2)

I'm having trouble getting AmiDOCK to run on WinUAE, has anyone else having the same problem and also have instructions to get it working.

Old 31 March 2003, 16:44   #2
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

I've got it running on an A4000 & UAE - after lots of work - but I don't like the very limited way it can be customised, and despite deleting entries in the lists, they still appear in the bar.

Personnaly, I don't think it's worth spending too much time getting it to work as even when it does it's not that great! If I could get it to customise properly I'd be a lot happier with it! Also a well designed start menu is more use and not much slower....
Old 31 March 2003, 18:14   #3
aebrown-u

AmiDOCK

How did you manage to get it working?

Old 01 April 2003, 15:38   #4
Syko

First of all, remove all the references to it in startup-sequence, user-startup and WBstartup - use ';' at the start of a line for it to be ignored, and move the icon from WBStartup.

Then check any assign statements in either startup that refers to AmiDOCK, and make sure it points to the right place, and that it's a valid assign statement. Then save any changes.

Restart WinUAE to reset everything.

Run the assigns manually (cut & paste to the shell). If they are OK, then try running AmiDOCK by double-clicking on the icon.

At this point you should have the default dock setup across the bottom of the screen.

Click in the left border (with the triangle in it), then right click for the menu, and choose edit. You should now be able to alter the appearance, position and content of the dock-bar... however when I tried removing items from the dock list, and restarted AmiDOCK there was no change in the bar at all. So your guess is as good as mine from this point

Once you've got it how you want it, remove the ';' from the lines in both startups, and put the icon back in WBStartup.

Restart WinUAE, and it should work fine.
Old 01 April 2003, 15:39   #5
Syko

Told you it was lots of work!
Old 01 April 2003, 20:27   #6
aebrown-u

could you send me a copy of your start-sequence, user-starup etc, as i can't see any info regarding AmiDock which is very strange.

Old 10 April 2003, 16:35   #7
Syko

AARRGGHH cockup on the idiot front, this is what comes of relying on memory.. sorry aebrown-u it's not in startup, different dock prog..

and my A4000 in the middle of being towered...

when I get home tonight I'll check both the set ups of UAE I've got on the home system and let you know.

Cheers
Old 11 April 2003, 15:38   #8
Syko

Ok, now I managed to reboot my brain, the correct config file is prefs/env-arc/sys/amidock.prefs. I edited this in edit pad then started amidock, and the edit had no effect... tried using the edit otion in the menu and still no effect. SO there might be a default prefs file some were else....

Try moving/renaming the prefs file so it starts with nothing set - ; out any thing in the icon info as well - and see if that works.