English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 March 2016, 03:48   #141
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi Retrofan!
Your skins look very cool, thanks! However, I can't seem to be able to reproduce them programmatically For example, the latest image that you showed is it a "true" screenshot or is it an image that you modified by hand?
Cheers!
LOL. That's great, thank you. That reminds me when somebody asked Tommes if his drawings were real hardware or not .

Yes, that's a true screenshot (I use SGrab to obtain them), but I've been looking for MUI4 options and changed some. In fact I believe the guys at the MUI4 site have to be Very interested in this thread as long as we are trying to implement all of the possible options we can. I clearly understand your question, the thing is that it's amazing the result you can actually get with MUI4.

To make the "Text" options look transparent first (of course) you need the MUI key in S, and then it's just, as I commented: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=118

I like to post all the info I learn because I can forget about it in a time. I use MUI4 and I believe we all should. If you find any problem to get this config I will try to help. The only thing I don't remember is how to get rid of the borders of the buttons.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 01:43.
Old 05 March 2016, 18:29   #142
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've made 5 more sets of icons. The same (free) default icons but in blue, red and black, all for 24 Bits. I've changed the Violet one, as the borders weren't transparent, so it must substitute the existing. Also I think the names of the existing souldn't be "Retrofan...", because I only convert them.

I've also made a 256 colors version of the Black&Green one (I told some posts ago that the "Black&Red" is a typo that must be renamed Black&Green. BTW I've left there another Radio image, so just selecting this Buttons the radio changes.

This is the Red 24Bits one:

I've added also the Technics images remaped to 256 colors and I've made also the Black and Red buttons with 256 colors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewColoredIcons.zip (88.8 KB, 109 views)
File Type: zip BlackyRed256C.zip (9.1 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2016 at 22:45.
Old 05 March 2016, 19:54   #143
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
LOL. That's great, thank you. That reminds me when somebody asked Tommes if his drawings were real hardware or not .
No offense intended! I just wanted to make sure before launching in a quest to bend MUI to my will

Quote:
Yes, that's a true screenshot (I use SGrab to obtain them), but I've been looking for MUI4 options and changed some. In fact I believe the guys at the MUI4 site have to be Very interested in this thread as long as we are trying to implement all of the possible options we can.

I clearly understand your question, the thing is that it's amazing the result you can actually get with MUI4.

To make the "Text" options look transparent first (of course) you need the MUI key in S, and then it's just, as I commented: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=118

I like to post all the info I learn because I can forget about it in a time. I use MUI4 and I believe we all should. If you find any problem to get this config I will try to help. The only thing I don't remember is how to get rid of the borders of the buttons.
Thank you! So I will follow two directions: learn more about MUI because certainly 99% of the "unworking" things are due to my lack of knowledge and test further with MUI v4

PS. And thank you for the new skins!

Cheers!
Old 05 March 2016, 22:10   #144
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Retrofan, about the background behind the buttons I think depends on the shape of the button, Round creates an image around a white background, a square no

Handmade skin a round and a square based on the famous Boing

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 08 December 2016 at 00:51.
Old 06 March 2016, 00:17   #145
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ciao Retrofan, about the background behind the buttons I think depends on the shape of the button, Round creates an image around a white background, a square no

Handmade skin a round and a square based on the famous Boing
No, they make some transparency. This is with a round button:

Edit: Ups, no, sorry, you are right, they don't have transparency, it's just my background.
Old 06 March 2016, 01:50   #146
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AmigaSystem and Retrofan!

If the images that you are using are freely distributable , then I'd like to have a skin combining AmigaSystem's buttons (including the "radio" one) and Retrofan's background...

Cheers!
Old 06 March 2016, 02:50   #147
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

To use any of the Skins just open the MUI prefs (having the MUI.key in S) and open "Groups", doubleclick on "Container" (the big square), click on the "Background" tab and select the Skin where you've got it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 02:12.
Old 06 March 2016, 14:14   #148
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:

...The only thing I don't remember is how to get rid of the borders of the buttons.
To get rid of the borders of the buttons it's this way:

MUI4 prefs: Images, Background, Frame, Visibility 0%

@Tygre, @tboeckel has been very kind answering some questions about MUI. I was looking for where does AmiModRadio save the MUI prefs and he has told me:

Quote:
According to ​AmiModRadio's source the application's base name is set to "NONE" which is not a very lucky choice. This should be changed.
Yes, I agree. You should use better as name AmiModRadio.prefs

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 01:47.
Old 06 March 2016, 15:18   #149
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
@tboeckel has been very kind answering some questions about MUI. I was looking for where does AmiModRadio save the MUI prefs and he has told me:

Quote:
According to ​AmiModRadio's source the application's base name is set to "NONE" which is not a very lucky choice. This should be changed.
Yes, I agree. You should use better as name AmiModRadio.prefs
Me too, oops This is now fixed! Sorry about that
Thanks!
Old 06 March 2016, 17:49   #150
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I think that as I've made so many images, it's better to post them all together in a compilation. I've made some more for 16 colors:

BTW in modules.pl (clicking the arrows beside "Aminet") you find very great mods too. I've just listened to this version, just click on the Play button: http://www.modules.pl/index.php?id=module&mod=218

Or this: http://www.modules.pl/index.php?id=module&mod=2999
Attached Files
File Type: zip Retrofan Compilation.zip (858.8 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 March 2016 at 23:17.
Old 06 March 2016, 19:47   #151
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao tygre, attach my themes, you choose the ones that interest you, the pictures are all renamed JPG to IFF, you can edit as you like

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 June 2016 at 21:42.
Old 06 March 2016, 19:49   #152
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
To get rid of the borders of the buttons it's this way:

MUI4 prefs: Images, Background, Frame, Visibility 0%
This to me does not remove the white background of round images but only manages the edges

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 March 2016 at 20:17.
Old 06 March 2016, 21:05   #153
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
This to me does not remove the white background of round images but only manages the edges
That's because you saved the images with white background, without transparency. Anyway with transparency, unless it is implemented by Tygre with The Bar as James commented in his post 128, you only can get a gray background as I showed in my post 146. Also, I don't know if that is only possible using AfA.

Edit: Well, my example isn't good. I don't have a round image with transparency, but I will check.

Checked now using a 24bits transparent png:

BTW if someone wants more free vintage radios or icons, here there are some free images: http://findicons.com/pack/2533/vintage_radio

They look this way. Attached icons and images. They look well also with 16 colors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vintage Radios.zip (60.7 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 March 2016 at 21:21.
Old 07 March 2016, 01:12   #154
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
That's because you saved the images with white background,
Yes, In fact the buttons with the same are transparent background, even if a small frame makes it more complete.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 January 2017 at 09:37.
Old 07 March 2016, 11:48   #155
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, that's very nice, congrats. To use the same Skin as backdrop for them .

But as I said I prefer to search for square images, so you can change the skin without problems.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 02:18.
Old 07 March 2016, 15:28   #156
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and AmigaSystem!

Thanks a lot for your compilations of images/skins , I am going to integrate them in the distribution of AmiModRadio... soon to be released!

As for TheBar, I put myself a note... so eventually...

Cheers!
Old 07 March 2016, 22:09   #157
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

These are the icons if you lost them .

That's just to fix your issue #42. All of the icons have alpha channel but the def icons because I had to edit them pixel by pixel with IconEdit. I've changed the Mattahan one because I use a larger size in my Mattahan's icons pack; 48 pixels.

To copy them from a drawer to another you better make that seeing them by name, because if not they will lose the alpha channel and convert them to the 3.5 format. The latest icon.libraries warn you about that. On AmiKit (PC) that doesn't happen because it always uses AfAOS.

Edit: I think you should include a Readme in your program to tell how all of this works: how to change the Radio images, how to change or add new Buttons, how to use the def icons, how to change from Aminet to other sites (and tell about them), how to change some MUI options ... (I've put the ones I've changed in bold in my posts), what line to put in the U-S, what's next to be improved, your development site link, ...your paypal account for donations and so. You should also start naming each version with a number. I don't mind to give you also a spanish translation if you wish, just to be added in the readme.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icons.zip (54.5 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 03:08.
Old 08 March 2016, 05:42   #158
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi all!

I am pleased to release AmiModRadio v0.99, which includes several refactorings, bug fixes, and improvements. In particular, it fixes bugs #10, #37, #41, and #44. It can be found here, here, or here.

In addition to commenting the files, making AmiModRadio a commodity (thanks to MUI!), improving a MUI display and error display, v0.99 now allows:
- to change "skins" without restarting the program, just go to the Prefs page, select a new "skin", and click Save
- to customise more aspects of its MUI, just check out the various "skins" provided, all courtesy of AmigaSystem and Retrofan... THANKS!!!
(My current favorite: Retrofan Black 4bits)

As always, bugs and enhancement are more than welcome!
Enjoy!
Old 08 March 2016, 11:56   #159
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Congrats!. It's really nice the idea of being able to have a background without the need of changing the MUI prefs, but I think you should use the Controls image to fill all of the window instead. I think it would look better, but just my opinion.
Old 08 March 2016, 14:33   #160
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and thanks!

Yes, I tried but I am still struggling with learning the ins and outs of MUI In a next release hopefully... (As a side "benefit", the current solution allows for different images per pages .)

Cheers!