English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 February 2016, 16:18   #141
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
sorry but no.. legal issues for now.
Can you possibly explain the legal issues, so other people who are looking forward to/want to edit a game for CD32 use can be aware of them? We need to help each other to avoid trouble and fight these situations.
Old 18 February 2016, 20:23   #142
SteveUK

I am sorry to hear this game won't boot on a cd32. I only purchased this game for that reason as I want to support the amiga cd development but now it doesn't boot I have no use for this I am sorry. Is it possible to cancel order? I appreciate what your doing making a game but my main motivation to buying was that it booted on real amiga as a physical cd.
Old 18 February 2016, 20:29   #143
Cobe

Steve don't give up, we'll find I way to boot non bootable cds on cd32

Could you guys at least put S:startup-sequence on cd if its not already there or if its not already too late to ask for that?
Old 18 February 2016, 20:46   #144
SkulleateR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Yeah, working on it

... kind of
Old 18 February 2016, 21:02   #145
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
I am sorry to hear this game won't boot on a cd32. I only purchased this game for that reason as I want to support the amiga cd development but now it doesn't boot I have no use for this I am sorry. Is it possible to cancel order? I appreciate what your doing making a game but my main motivation to buying was that it booted on real amiga as a physical cd.
- you don't have any bootable cd to perform simple cd switch? i don't have amiga cd32 but i think this is not a really problem??

- yes there is startup-sequence on CD

- we are not selling this game as CD32 game, i don't know why You think that..

for canceling order, i think, you need to contact with distributor..

--

we don't make bootable cd32 disc because we don't have any rights for use of CD32.TM file.. maybe it is legal for sure? i don't know..

and sorry for my poor english
Old 18 February 2016, 21:11   #146
juen

little bonus

sneak peek of new small game (like river raid), WIP, very early stage

Last edited by juen; 18 February 2016 at 21:31.
Old 18 February 2016, 23:47   #147
SteveUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Ok mate
Old 18 February 2016, 23:54   #148
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
little bonus

Coolio; River Raid was probably one of the first games I owned / played on the Atari 2600
Old 19 February 2016, 00:00   #149
spudje

So are you telling me that these CD32 compilation creation tools and CD32Load all use CD32.tm, while they have no right to do so?
Old 19 February 2016, 00:10   #150
Amiga1992

Quote:
we don't make bootable cd32 disc because we don't have any rights for use of CD32.TM file.. maybe it is legal for sure? i don't know..
I need to understand if you have any legal basis to say and do this or if it is just some kind of preventative measure. As far as I know NOBODY has enforced any licensing issues on anyone using those files.

I'm asking about this because your words about not releasing for CD32 because of the CD32.TM file have scared many people who were looking to release their homebrew software for the CD32, if this is based on real data coming from actual cases where someone enforced their licensing rights on anybody else, I'd like to know, but if it's just prevention, I'd also like to know. I don't even know who nowadays could have ANY authority to "grant a Developer License Agreement", if you read the same legal docs, it also says the following:
Quote:
If you wish to place any files and programs from Amiga Workbench disks on your CD, you must execute the appropriate Workbench License.
Meaning you can't even distribute any CD that uses ANY command that came with ANY Workbench disk. If people are going to be sticklers to rules from 20 years ago, they shouldn't release any discs that use stuff like "loadwb", "assign" or whatever.
The official docs also don't seem to mention there's any financial exchange in acquiring a license:
Quote:
Please note that having a license does not make you a member of our
registered developer support programs, nor are you required to be a
registered developer to execute a license. Anyone can execute a license.
... but there's NOBODY nowadays to acquire a license from. It seemed to me like it was a paper that you would complete, send back to them and they would sign too.

I hate that this kind of limbo and bullshit people like Cloanto or Hyperion who go left and right claiming whatever makes people scared and homebrew development impaired.

Keep up the great work (and I LOVE River Raid and am looking forward very much to your new game!)
Old 19 February 2016, 06:38   #151
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I need to understand if you have any legal basis to say and do this or if it is just some kind of preventative measure. As far as I know NOBODY has enforced any licensing issues on anyone using those files.

I'm asking about this because your words about not releasing for CD32 because of the CD32.TM file have scared many people who were looking to release their homebrew software for the CD32, if this is based on real data coming from actual cases where someone enforced their licensing rights on anybody else, I'd like to know, but if it's just prevention, I'd also like to know. I don't even know who nowadays could have ANY authority to "grant a Developer License Agreement", if you read the same legal docs, it also says the following:

Meaning you can't even distribute any CD that uses ANY command that came with ANY Workbench disk. If people are going to be sticklers to rules from 20 years ago, they shouldn't release any discs that use stuff like "loadwb", "assign" or whatever.
The official docs also don't seem to mention there's any financial exchange in acquiring a license:

... but there's NOBODY nowadays to acquire a license from. It seemed to me like it was a paper that you would complete, send back to them and they would sign too.

I hate that this kind of limbo and bullshit people like Cloanto or Hyperion who go left and right claiming whatever makes people scared and homebrew development impaired.

Keep up the great work (and I LOVE River Raid and am looking forward very much to your new game!)
yeah this is only prevention, i hope that is right what you say, but i need clear info before my company will release 100% legal cd32 game
Old 19 February 2016, 10:37   #152
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
little bonus

Hah ! River Raid was one of my favorite childhood games on the ZX

That's a good development plan you have there !
Old 19 February 2016, 12:47   #153
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
It should be as a bonus level in Tanks.
Old 19 February 2016, 16:47   #154
Amiga1992

Quote:
yeah this is only prevention, i hope that is right what you say, but i need clear info before my company will release 100% legal cd32 game
OK thanks for clarifying that. We'd have to investigate.
But as I said if you are sticking to such a rule, remember the "Workbench License" rule too meaning you can't use any AmigaDOS commands that came with Workbench, making it really silly.
Old 19 February 2016, 22:29   #155
Gzegzolka

I hope that Juen will find information he search and we will have this game on cd32 too
Old 26 February 2016, 11:48   #156
crazyc

Its all gone a bit quiet - what's happening?
Old 26 February 2016, 11:50   #157
spudje

Yes, release date should be imminent now, shouldn't it?
Old 26 February 2016, 14:08   #158
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Yes, release date should be imminent now, shouldn't it?
"AMIGA.net.pl23 luty o 02:58 ·

Wysyłka idzie pełną parą, prosimy o cierpliwość.
Shipping is going full steam ahead, please be patient."

---

free version will be available soon
Old 26 February 2016, 14:30   #159
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
remember the "Workbench License" rule too meaning you can't use any AmigaDOS commands that came with Workbench
For these at least, perhaps the AROS open-source reimplementations of the commands could be a substitute? It won't solve the problem of the CD32-specific commands unfortunately. Maybe they're ripe for reimplementation too, if the AROS team could be persuaded...
Old 26 February 2016, 16:23   #160
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Could you please release the sales figures for the physical version when you have sold through your stock? It would be useful information as others are in time going to release physical copies of their games too.