English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 28 October 2007, 01:25   #1
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Eek Very Rare ERBE, MCM Software, System 4 - Amiga Published Games

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have contributed anything to the HOL.

I am just wondering if I should contribute a whole heap more rare, very rare & some extremely rare items to the HOL. I have quite a few games that have no mention of the published games (MCM Software & System 4). I have the majority of ERBE very rare published releases including "Another World" although, its still sealed.

For some reason, I am thinking if I do so, I may reduce the rarity of the items I contribute, lol. Maybe if you (EAB forum users) persuade me to contribute I will do so. I also, have a lot of other games that contain no boxscans on the HOL.

With those I will be adding boxscans for at some stage. Mind you I already scanned "Baron Baldric" for the HOL, also the diskscan for Overlander and some other rare games, missing diskscans, boxscans, etc.

Well, I do know that doing so will make the HOL database a lot more complete, so maybe I will consider it. I have been for quite some time.

I will like some feedback regarding this. I am just unsure, lol.

Any sort of reply would be great.
Old 28 October 2007, 02:11   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@niobyte

Hello there,

And welcome back to the EAB, theres plenty of mischief to get up to around here

Indeed, it sound that you have some quite scarce software there arguably you might be able to get some nice funds if placed on the dreaded fleabay

insofar as donating or contributing, i would suggest the best thing to give the community is time, as its the one thing YOU can give that no one else can.. after all its yours no one else has it

HOL is always after game box scan's and game screen shots but you should only give what you feel is necessary, theres no need to feel indebted to contribute, but it does feel great to be part of the community
Old 28 October 2007, 02:21   #3
keropi

wow, I remember an old PC game I was playing on my 386sx pc, Mystic Towers: starring Baron Baldric... LOL the same guy as the amiga game!
niobyte, are you the crazy Australian that has LOADS and LOADS and even MORE LOADS of amiga software?
whatever/whenever you can contribute to HOL is great, there is no other database as HOL!
Old 28 October 2007, 02:29   #4
Pyromania

It would be awesome if you contributed scans and ADF's of your rare items niobyte. I am working on doing scans of Amiga Video Toaster User, something that was not seen much outside of the USA. I think Amiga users worldwide will enjoy that.
Old 28 October 2007, 02:09   #5
YoJoe!
Amiga Enthusiast

@Niobyte

Please please please contribute your ultra rare games to HOL. Think of it like this: what if you die tomorrow? All your ultra rare stuff will suddenly be lost forever.
Old 28 October 2007, 09:41   #6
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
I am a collector of CDTV/CD32 games and poses rare games like Loom CDTV, Magic Island CD32 and Moonstone boxed. I have never had problems making clones of my games when people look for them. I dont value copied games that much as the real rarity is that of having the original game in your hand

As collectors, I believe we should help the community getting those hard to find games, I hope you can agree
Old 28 October 2007, 12:08   #7
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Ok, you have all convinced me to go ahead and start scanning all of these lost treasures. I guess it shouldn't make much difference since the fact is that these versions of the games are very hard to find.

So, I feel it would be good for the HOL to contain information and content on such versions and releases. I also, have some others that contain incorrect or missing information, or have the incorrect names, etc.

I have already tried to scan some boxscans that are still sealed, some come out a little blurry, although are still readable. With those I may just leave them sealed. I will try and keep them as clear as possible eventhough they are still sealed.

So, hopefully expect to see what these rare boxes, etc look like
As long as they're added to the HOL at some stage, who knows how many boxscans, etc are already in the queue waiting to be added, lol.

Thanks All.
Old 28 October 2007, 13:29   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
niobyte, do you have LORNA, distributed by ERBE ?
Old 28 October 2007, 16:18   #9
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

@dlfrsilver, unfortunately I don't have Lorna

I do realise it was Distributed/Published by ERBE & Topo Soft.

I found the Lorna (ZX Spectrum) ERBE/Topo Soft cover easily:

Front: http://www.mobygames.com/images/cove...1258291-00.jpg

Back: http://www.mobygames.com/images/cove...1258291-01.jpg

Judging by that ZX Spectrum boxscan when compared to other ERBE published games I have. That cover looks almost identical in size to the ones I own. So, I would think the Amiga version box would be the same one. Since the back even indicates the screenshots are from the Amiga version.

Although, MobyGame lists it as ERBE only distributed it for "Amstrad CPC, MSX, ZX Spectrum" platforms?? So maybe it was not distributed on the Amiga by ERBE/Topo Soft. It's hard to say really. If it was released, it obviously wasn't available for very long.

I have some of the ERBE games listed on HOL. These are: Alpha Waves (not listed as published by ERBE in HOL), Another World, Domination (not listed as published by ERBE in HOL), F-15 Strike Eagle 2, G-LOC, Lethal Weapon, Mega Twins, Wizkid.

I have been wanting to find Lorna for quite some time

With in the next few days or weeks, I will upload all of my boxscans regarding ERBE, MCM Software and System 4 published games (depending on when I finish scanning them).

I have also, decided to reveal a secret here. There was also an English version of Domination (The ERBE Distribution contains the English version with a Manual translated to Spanish). Maybe at some stage I should make an image of the disk and upload it to The Zone.

Thanks For Reading.

Last edited by niobyte; 28 October 2007 at 16:57.
Old 31 January 2008, 16:38   #10
frikilokooo

I have Push-Over (spanish edition Erbe).The manual is exactly the same that the normal edition.The password chart page doesn't exist in this spanish version and inside the box there's a plastic to hook two cassettes like a Spectrum +2 game! (Erbe is quite miser).Game is in good condition recent unsealed.

Does the scans have interest?
Old 02 February 2008, 06:21   #11
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

@frikilokooo

I think below that is stated on the HOL Game Page for Push-Over saids it all.

HOL Push-Over Game Notes:

[3] The Spanish release was separately published by ERBE in Spain; the company's logo is at the lower right corner of the front cover, and the disk has an ERBE label too. This release is very rare and gets 4 stars.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anything that is rare is worth scanning and contributing. Also I have found with the ERBE releases they are often not copy-protected and don't have code wheels, etc. Also the box and its contents are usually completely different to any other releases of the game. One of the few ERBE releases I have has a code wheel and a full 13 page manual which is CrimeWave.

I have found the majority of the ERBE releases I have, don't have the original manual, since it would be in English. I have found them usually to be on small thin pieces of paper double-sided or a small booklet manual written in Spanish. Most of the time they just seem to be brief game notes mentioning the controls or objectives.

Are you sure the push-over manual is exactly the same as the oridinary Ocean release? Usually the manual would be written in Spanish and have the ERBE logo on the back of the manual. I have the Leathal Weapon ERBE release. The Manual has the Ocean Logo on the front and the ERBE logo on the back with the Ocean logo directly underneath.

Last edited by niobyte; 02 February 2008 at 06:42.
Old 02 February 2008, 10:58   #12
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by niobyte View Post
Are you sure the push-over manual is exactly the same as the oridinary Ocean release?
Indeed the manual is only Spanish language in fine cardboard (good quality) but you can verify the manual cover doesn't have text,anyway I have done all scans in case they want them.The box back cover is only Spanish language too.
Old 13 February 2008, 16:30   #13
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Ok i have acquired Lorna from topo soft amiga

yeahhh !!! Another one to preservation but ouch, paid 155 euros !
Old 13 February 2008, 16:40   #14
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Ok i have acquired Lorna from topo soft amiga

yeahhh !!! Another one to preservation but ouch, paid 155 euros !

holy fookola e155 !!!!
Old 13 February 2008, 21:27   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Look at these pictures :

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 14 August 2009 at 05:14.
Old 13 February 2008, 21:45   #16
frikilokooo

Congrats

Alfonso Azpiri is the boss.

The disks very similar to Push-Over Erbe,is there a cassette plastic inside the box?
Old 13 February 2008, 22:19   #17
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

nope, just a plastic bag
Old 13 February 2008, 23:38   #18
frikilokooo

Some pics of Azpiri
Old 14 February 2008, 10:58   #19
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

@dlfrsilver,

Great find you got there I was looking for that one for quite some time. You got it. Would be pretty cool if you contribute all that is needed for the HOL also for SPS.

I am still scannning all of my stuff. I should get to it really, lol.

Let me guess the plastic bag is the one with the ERBE logo in the centre on the front and is a clear bag. Also bottom right there is a MINIGRIP logo.

155 Euro's, wow. I thought 80 Euros was enough for my Sealed Another World ERBE release.

Last edited by niobyte; 14 February 2008 at 11:05.
Old 14 February 2008, 11:34   #20
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Anyway, here is the full list of all the ERBE, DRO Soft, MCM, System 4 releases I have:

ERBE:

Alpha Waves -Sealed-
Another World -Sealed-
Crime Wave
Domination
F-15 Strike Eagle II -Sealed-
G-LOC R360 -Was sealed, now unsealed for contribution-
Lethal Weapon -Was sealed, now unsealed for contribution-
Mega Twins (Contributed by me to HOL) -Was sealed, now unsealed for contribution-
Strider
Wizkid -Sealed-

DRO Soft:

Test Drive

MCM Software:

Golden Axe (Contributed by me to HOL)
Phobia

System 4:

Boxing Manager (Contributed by me to HOL)
Helter Skelter (Contributed by me to HOL)
Killerball
Super Ski II (Contributed by me to HOL)

*I know most are mentioned above but I missed a few.*

Last edited by niobyte; 14 February 2008 at 11:41.