English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 05 March 2012, 18:07   #41
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Still busy. For now no update. Cause the gethering of the resource is going well but there is almost nothing to see on the game. First the production in working order then when i think its ok the save. if that is done the next update is there.
Old 05 March 2012, 19:40   #42
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Still busy. For now no update. Cause the gethering of the resource is going well but there is almost nothing to see on the game. First the production in working order then when i think its ok the save. if that is done the next update is there.
Great news,
My brother just discovered the remake of millenium 2.2. So I know he will be interested in this, .
Old 14 March 2012, 22:14   #43
bfrnhout

Finaly its working the creating of stuff. It was a pain in the ass to get it right. The timing was completly off. But i got it a little bit right now. Making the graphics ok and the language file working and then the new part is ready for testing again. Somewhere round friday it wil come online i think. Then i go work on the shuttle bay. When that is done the save wil come. The devision of the stuff is almost complete now there has not to be changed now anymore. (I think) so the save can be done.

N.B. Keep in mind that if the new part is more complex then this one. I must rewrite the whole code. Make a big change in it. To work better. For now i went on with this cause i started it this way but i seen some misstakes in my thinking. I hope it go ok. Otherwise i am back at the start. We will see what is coming up.

Keep a eye for friday
Old 14 March 2012, 22:48   #44
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Thanks for the update.
Old 15 March 2012, 13:17   #45
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Crashes with Memory access violation on W7 x64 :-(
Old 15 March 2012, 13:21   #46
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Crashes with Memory access violation on W7 x64 :-(
Which one?

Cause WIP4 works fine on Win7 64, as I reported that issue in previous versions.
Old 16 March 2012, 08:23   #47
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Which one?

Cause WIP4 works fine on Win7 64, as I reported that issue in previous versions.
You reported it in 32bit... but I was using the ONLY version I could find on his website. Got any links to the "working" one?
Old 16 March 2012, 13:45   #48
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
You reported it in 32bit... but I was using the ONLY version I could find on his website. Got any links to the "working" one?
Gah, your right, I must have been on my laptop. Im sure I tried it on my home PC, which is running Win7 64Bit. Will check when I get home.
Old 17 March 2012, 22:27   #49
bfrnhout

New update is there and can be downloaded ont he usual place. ITs number 5. Not al the graphics are oke. But the program was working on my side. I wil hear how its going on your side.

P.S. I can only make a 32 bits version here. The system i use to make this is only a 32 bits system.

As long as my system is not chrashing iam not going over to the 64 bits version.

Question for help. Is there some one who have all the graphics and or sounds. music.
Old 12 April 2012, 18:31   #50
bfrnhout

because of illnes the work is slowed down. still in hospital. And from time to time I am able to work on the computer. work is progress slowly.
have patience its is comming.
Old 12 April 2012, 20:30   #51
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
because of illnes the work is slowed down. still in hospital. And from time to time I am able to work on the computer. work is progress slowly.
have patience its is comming.
Take your time, we can wait.
Hope you get better soon.

Awesome work on latest version. Research seems to be working perfect, allocation of teams (production and research) seems perfect to.
Training looks good too, look forward to the next release.

Quote:
I have confirmed latest download is working fine on my Win7 Ultimate 64Bit.

To help others too, site link;
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhou...os_remake.html

Download;
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhou...os_remake5.rar

Last edited by FOL; 12 April 2012 at 20:39.
Old 17 April 2012, 20:19   #52
bfrnhout

Thanks people. It wil take longer for me to heal. Yesterday a big operation. A part of my inside is removed, cause it was rejected y my body. At the same time a part of my body hase shut down.
The doctors has that under controle, and from today i can take fluid food. I am under control. but have to stay in the hospital.

One positive thing here. There is internet connection.
I need a little bit of help to get the game finished, i need a lot of graphics and sound. is there anybody who can help me.

Every body who is here on this site wil get his name in the program. Because i am glad you all did help mee to make the game working on a good way.
Old 18 April 2012, 10:56   #53
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Thanks people. It wil take longer for me to heal. Yesterday a big operation. A part of my inside is removed, cause it was rejected y my body. At the same time a part of my body hase shut down.
The doctors has that under controle, and from today i can take fluid food. I am under control. but have to stay in the hospital.

I need a little bit of help to get the game finished, i need a lot of graphics and sound. is there anybody who can help me.

Every body who is here on this site wil get his name in the program. Because i am glad you all did help mee to make the game working on a good way.
If I had the time, I would help in anyway I can.
I currently have lots of work related stuff on aswell as other projects that need finishing, .
I will ask some people on my site, if they are able to help.
Old 01 June 2012, 05:34   #54
AmigaDave

Quote:

Get Well Soon!

I hope you are not in too much pain from your surgery and treatment.

I just downloaded your remake file and will try it maybe tomorrow if my restore complete PC goes well. I could try it on my G4 PowerBook running Windows XP Pro through VirtualPC, but that might not work too well, as it can be slow.

I found this thread because I have been searching for a place to purchase a complete "In-The-Box" Amiga version of Deuteros, with floppy disks, manual and any other original documentation that was included, to buy from someone.

If anyone out there has a NTSC Amiga version of Deuteros that is complete and in the original box that they would consider selling to me, please send me an email, or PMail (email preferred @earthlink.net). I am willing to pay a fair price for it.

It is good to see someone doing a remake of it. I corresponded with one of the two guys who did the remake of Millenium2.2 as part of a game competition and tried to get them to release the source code, so I, or someone with more programming skills, could port it back to the Amiga and the NG Amiga systems, but they backed out after initially saying that they would give me the code. He was still a bit upset that the judging of the game competition snubbed him and his partner because they accused them of cheating and starting the work on the game before the competition began, or some other nonsense. It was clearly the best game produced from that competition by such a wide margin that it was an insult to them to have any of the other games win the award over their efforts on the remake of Millenium2.2.

Again, I hope you get well soon and I am glad that you at least have Internet accessibility while you are in the Hospital. I wonder if I will be so lucky later this year when I have my second surgery?
Old 01 June 2012, 21:52   #55
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

The Millenium2.2 remake was awesome. They even improved a few things, .
Old 04 June 2012, 21:45   #56
bfrnhout

He is back. Back home today. Was almost dead. But luck was with me. Ik was 5 years ago in Korea realy in the middle of the jungle and had a bactery catching me. I did not know that then. And did not know it this time to. But a docter from Belgium reconise the simptones i did got. Slowly my body was giving up on me. Every week somthing was stop working. And had it two time my hart was stopped. At first we thout it was a simple thing removing a priece of my internal and i good go on. But it didnt.
When i was tested for that bug it was positive. This gave me a change to fight back. A long and stong antibiotic did cure me. I am now home and can eat everthing only my stamina is not still there. But now i have a long way to come back.

I did studiy a new type of program language. Witch have a close connection to C and C++ but stil maintaining the connection with Basic. I have to start over again. And on a way its good. In the previous version there where some misstakes. Witch i hade to work around. And now i have to redo it all. so i know the first misstakes and wont make them again. Within a couple of day the first part wil be released.
Talk you soon.
Old 05 June 2012, 00:03   #57
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
He is back. Back home today. Was almost dead. But luck was with me. Ik was 5 years ago in Korea realy in the middle of the jungle and had a bactery catching me. I did not know that then. And did not know it this time to. But a docter from Belgium reconise the simptones i did got. Slowly my body was giving up on me. Every week somthing was stop working. And had it two time my hart was stopped. At first we thout it was a simple thing removing a priece of my internal and i good go on. But it didnt.
When i was tested for that bug it was positive. This gave me a change to fight back. A long and stong antibiotic did cure me. I am now home and can eat everthing only my stamina is not still there. But now i have a long way to come back..
WOW... sounds awful and glad to see you're on the mend now. Great remake BTW!
Old 03 July 2012, 22:21   #58
bfrnhout

ok the new approach is done. The first tiny bit is ready to download again. Let me know before i go any further.
The graphic screen is now fully Amiga. 640 by 400. If your computer is stratsing your screen on the sides its not beautyfull. My computer i could turn it of in the bios. So the screen is displayed in the center. And it look good. Very blockky but yes its real amiga.
The translation is not complete in dutch, for the dutch people. and another language is always welkom. Read the text on my page. It wil nog going fast but is will come....
Old 03 July 2012, 23:05   #59
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
ok the new approach is done. The first tiny bit is ready to download again. Let me know before i go any further.
The graphic screen is now fully Amiga. 640 by 400. If your computer is stratsing your screen on the sides its not beautyfull. My computer i could turn it of in the bios. So the screen is displayed in the center. And it look good. Very blockky but yes its real amiga.
The translation is not complete in dutch, for the dutch people. and another language is always welkom. Read the text on my page. It wil nog going fast but is will come....
Will check it out, glad your ok, .

EDIT:-Just ran it on Windows7 64Bit. Working fine, gfx look ok. Cant see anything wrong with it.
Old 06 July 2012, 21:35   #60
bfrnhout

HE for the ease of me. I place every little update on the download page. You can see witch the last update is. The file name is following a tie stamp. 060712 means in EU notation that the file is compiled on 06-Juli-2012. Every little funtion i put in the program i test it and compiled the source code. I wil check up regulair this site to see if there are problems or if there is a problem you want me direct warn about it mail me. bart_fernhout@hotmail.com. And i try to correct is as fast as possible.