English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 05 December 2012, 11:44   #81
nexusle
Banned

The default quit key for WHDLoad is F10.

I think, you should disable the quit key in your WHDLoad.prefs created by the Launcher in the next release, so the WHDLoad defaults are saved.

If a game needs another quit key (i.e. P. P. Hammer or Desert Strike, because the F10 key have another function in the game) it is set in the .info file in the ZIP. If you read out the information from the ZIP, I think its senseful to take the quit key from the .info.
Old 05 December 2012, 19:04   #82
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The next version will use "clean" WHDLoad defaults
Old 05 December 2012, 20:09   #83
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE 2.1.10 is now available from http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel:

- Merged updated emulation core from WinUAE 2.5.0.
- (Launcher) Support (empty) HD directories in database configurations.
- (Launcher) Use standard WHDLoad settings by default.
- (Launcher) WHDLoad games where unpacked one directory level too deep.
- (Launcher) Support chip_memory override from online database.
- (Launcher) Skip / ignore file names with invalid encoding.
- (Launcher) Fix search function for games from database (needs refresh).
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pt [Treco].
Old 06 December 2012, 03:54   #84
bcripon

Duplicate game entries

Frode,

The release notes say that the launcher will only show the game entries in the main list and variants will appear in another list. However, after downloading 2.1.10, I still see many duplicate entries for games in the listing.

I tried rescanning, but it did not help. I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Bob C
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Launcher Game List.png
Views:	641
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	33349  
Old 06 December 2012, 11:20   #85
nexusle
Banned

This feature works ONLY with the online database. As I see, you doesn't use this database!
Old 06 December 2012, 13:22   #86
yesplease

Hi Frode,
I have another cool idea for further enhancing FS-UAE and make it even more smarter and user friendly.

Background:
I recently played ik+ (a karate game) with my son and it lets you play simultanously in koop against the computer AI, very cool. When you startup the ADF, the first thing which comes is a intro in which you HAVE to click the mouse button, it does not accept joystick fire click. Next in the game the joystick for the second player has to be configured in game port 0. You can manage this by using the FS-UAE integrated UI and switch from mouse to joystick and from mouse mode to joystick mode. Then you can game on...

Now to the enhancement. You can put the FS-UAE into the ability to self recognize button clicks on controller which are not connected to a amiga game port yet, i.e. either the mouse or the joystick and then plug it automatically to port0. Whenever it get switched automatically you may show a short onscreen message which informs you about that like "SpeedlinkJoystick has been switched to port0" or "Mouse has been switched to port0".
The message should fade away after 3 seconds or so.

I think generally spoken this "automatic select port 0 on unassigned controller click" feature really makes sense for multiplayer games in which you have first to control something with the mouse and later want to play with a joystick in port0.
"Marble madness" another example of such a game.
Old 06 December 2012, 13:46   #87
bcripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
This feature works ONLY with the online database. As I see, you doesn't use this database!
Ok, thanks. I have not signed up for an account with Frode yet.

Bob C
Old 07 December 2012, 12:16   #88
lem79

Hi Frode,

With FS-UAE Launcher 2.1.10 (and previous 2.1.x versions), the Kickstart ROM scanner will stop if a write protected ROM of the same name the launcher is scanning is located in FS-UAE/Kickstarts. I wondered why it wasn't scanning all of the ROM files I pointed it to, and this is why.

e.g. kick13.rom is a read only file. Launcher scans a new roms directory with another kick13.rom file in it, tries to copy, then fails due to the existing read-only kick13.rom. The whole process then stops..

Perhaps the launcher should continue scanning after this sort of error?
Old 08 December 2012, 15:15   #89
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem79 View Post
Hi Frode,

With FS-UAE Launcher 2.1.10 (and previous 2.1.x versions), the Kickstart ROM scanner will stop if a write protected ROM of the same name the launcher is scanning is located in FS-UAE/Kickstarts. I wondered why it wasn't scanning all of the ROM files I pointed it to, and this is why.

e.g. kick13.rom is a read only file. Launcher scans a new roms directory with another kick13.rom file in it, tries to copy, then fails due to the existing read-only kick13.rom. The whole process then stops..

Perhaps the launcher should continue scanning after this sort of error?
Hi, you are talking about the "import kickstarts" function, right? The Scan function should not try to copy the kickstart files.

Also, with the import kickstarts function, you did get an error message in the import dialog? Whether it should automatically continue, or stop (with error message presented to the user) is a good question. It is generally useful to know when it has failed so the user can correct the problem if possible..
Old 09 December 2012, 09:14   #90
lem79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, you are talking about the "import kickstarts" function, right? The Scan function should not try to copy the kickstart files.

Also, with the import kickstarts function, you did get an error message in the import dialog? Whether it should automatically continue, or stop (with error message presented to the user) is a good question. It is generally useful to know when it has failed so the user can correct the problem if possible..
Yep, talking about the import function. Here's the output:

Quote:
Kickstart import task started

Copy /home/lem/Amiga/Roms/Kickstart Bootstrap (1985)(Commodore)(A1000).rom
to /home/lem/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/Kickstart Bootstrap (1985)(Commodore)(A1000).rom
Adding ROM "Kickstart Bootstrap (1985)(Commodore)(A1000).rom" to database (SHA-1: c87f9fada4ee4e69f3cca0c36193be822b9f5fe6)
Copy /home/lem/Amiga/Roms/kick31.rom
to /home/lem/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/kick31.rom

IOError(13, 'Permission denied')

Import task is done
~/Amiga/Roms/ has about 28 rom files in it. ~/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/ has a few read-only roms in it (including kick31.rom as shown above). Changing their permissions to read/write lets the import feature continue and finish. All roms in ~/Amiga/Roms/ get copied to ~/Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts/ in this case.

I expected the import feature to continue on to the next file if one failed, then just show a summary of errors at the end (or at least mention there were errors, so I could scroll up to see what went wrong). That might be sane behaviour, do you think?
Old 09 December 2012, 11:23   #91
nexusle
Banned

Why are these files write protected?
Old 09 December 2012, 11:31   #92
lem79

I think because way back some time in the last decade, I fresh installed my desktop system and copied them off a CD-R backup, and their protection bits had lived on ever since
Old 09 December 2012, 14:19   #93
nexusle
Banned

Ok, that's a possibility. Alternatively, you might use the "old" ROM to a folder in kickstarts directory copy. Then your problem no longer occurs. You could, however, remove the read-only bit on all files. It also occurs no more.
Old 09 December 2012, 15:06   #94
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem79 View Post
I think because way back some time in the last decade, I fresh installed my desktop system and copied them off a CD-R backup, and their protection bits had lived on ever since
Sounds very likely. Yes, trying to copy all files with an error report at the and is a quite good solution as well. I have done a "quick fix" for now - the Launcher now tries to delete the destination file (if it exists) before trying to copy the file. This will at least fix this specific problem so no user intervention is needed.
Old 09 December 2012, 22:22   #95
thevoice

hey,

would it be possible to have some checkboxes where you can select what is shown in the lists?

like :

TOSEC
SPS/NO-Intro
WHDLoad
Amiga CD
Amiga CD32
CDTV

while unchecked items wont appear in the lower listwindow ?
Old 10 December 2012, 00:02   #96
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoice View Post
would it be possible to have some checkboxes where you can select what is shown in the lists?
Yes, will add it to the wishlist and take it into consideration when planning the database interface further
Old 12 December 2012, 00:27   #97
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE 2.1.11dev
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-devel

- Config for gamtec_ltd/smartjoy_plus_adapter.ini [JOPS].
- Small compilation fix for OS X 10.5
- (Launcher) Handle square-ish covers.
- (Launcher) Indicate ADF, IPF CD, or WHDLoad also with icon.
- (Launcher) Reload game variant list after refreshing database.
- (Launcher) Support sort_key from online database.
- (Launcher) Run SetPatch (if found) before starting WHDLoad games.
- (Launcher) Kickstart import task can overwrite old read-only files.
Old 13 December 2012, 22:18   #98
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

FS-UAE 2.1.11 compiled for OSX 10.5 PPC is in the Zone, in case anybody wants it. (was too big to post in the thread)
Old 14 December 2012, 18:52   #99
nexusle
Banned

Hi Frode,

Just an idea, not more ;0)

Should we turn off floppy sounds while playing WHDLoad games??
The constant clicking is a bit annoying... ;0)
Old 17 December 2012, 18:51   #100
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Here, WHDLoad turns of the floppy drive clicking when a slave is started... -But it initially clicks a bit. And yes, the launcher could really just turn off the sound complete in this case.