English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 August 2019, 10:10   #61
spudje

You guys are really building up some hype. Hope this time it can be delivered. We're still waiting for these other "next level Amiga" games Scourge Of The Underkind and Alarcity (which now even vanished from https://amiga.net.pl).
Old 28 August 2019, 10:20   #62
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

This looks like the real deal...

And the development problems with Alarcity and Scourge (which are anyway created by different teams) have been documented quite open and honestly on this forum, in my opinion..

Now we have an excellent Rygar, an arcade quality brawler and my shitty little shmup coming out for the Amiga this fall. Plus an amazing new game engine created by Earok that will for sure be the origin of a slew of new Amiga games in the near future.

No reason to complain at all if you are an Amiga game fan at the moment.
Old 28 August 2019, 10:22   #63
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Well, kicking someone laying on the ground, isn't very cavalier and knight behavior, or I am too naive and green for this cruel world.
Totally agree

...but have you ever played Crime Fighters or Vendetta? If not then you really need to; especially Vendetta as it one of the best brawlers ever IMHO.

This ability really adds a new level to the games

Last edited by DamienD; 28 August 2019 at 10:41.
Old 28 August 2019, 11:12   #64
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...but have you ever played Crime Fighters or Vendetta?
Nope.
The brawlers I play on Mame are mostly the games I've seen on a real arcade, when I was kid. So: Final Fight, Golden Axe, Captain Commando, Cadillac and Dinosaur, Punisher...
I've gone pretty far in all of these games, but never been able to finish any of them, with one credit.

I'll check these games out.

When I was reading some old threads here on Amiga (bad) brawlers, I noticed that our friend Shatterhand, have exactly the same opinion as I do. Every statement he said, I agree 100%. He knows exactly what gameplay mechanic make brawlers good, and what is destroying it.
If I make a brawler in the future, or if I was in these guys position, I'd definitely ask him to be a test player for my game, and would listen to his suggestions.

However, from what I saw in a trailer video, it looks to me, like they also understood perfectly the gameplay mechanic of a great brawler.
Old 28 August 2019, 11:59   #65
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Nope.
The brawlers I play on Mame are mostly the games I've seen on a real arcade, when I was kid. So: Final Fight, Golden Axe, Captain Commando, Cadillac and Dinosaur, Punisher...
I hear ya, when I was growing up I had access to many arcade games at my local video stores and bowling alleys so played sooooo many different games.

Crime Fighters and Vendetta were amongst them
Old 28 August 2019, 18:07   #66
Ami

Thumbs up

Quote:
However, from what I saw in a trailer video, it looks to me, like they also understood perfectly the gameplay mechanic of a great brawler.
Yup! alpine9000 is a rare type of coder who except of good assembly skills, have also that kind of gameplay mechanics sense. He must been played a lot of games and studied them deep. I'm also impressed by his progress, from relative "simple" game Worthy, to a game which has potential to be the best brawler for Amiga, thats a thing! Of course not to forget about graphician and musician, they did their job more then good. Still can't believe what I saw! Can't wait.
Old 28 August 2019, 18:15   #67
Retro1234
Boo

is the video back up yet?
Old 28 August 2019, 18:51   #68
spudje

I guess it leaked to twitter (screenshots, no video).
Old 28 August 2019, 19:36   #69
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
Yup! alpine9000 is a rare type of coder who except of good assembly skills, have also that kind of gameplay mechanics sense. He must been played a lot of games and studied them deep. I'm also impressed by his progress, from relative "simple" game Worthy, to a game which has potential to be the best brawler for Amiga, thats a thing! Of course not to forget about graphician and musician, they did their job more then good. Still can't believe what I saw! Can't wait.
Thanks for the kind words, and as much as I’d love to take credit, the game play design is very much driven by the whole team, but in particular our “Creative Director” Michael Parent. Michael has been literally been planning this game for years, not only the back story, characters and their moves etc, but Mike had also been researching how to technically achieve a game like this on the “A500” platform. If you’re able to make it to Amiga Bill’s stream i’d highly recommend tuning in as I’m guessing Mike will discuss a lot of what I’ve mentioned above in much more detail.
Old 28 August 2019, 21:22   #70
nobody

Worthy looks simple but I bet it's complicated under the hood, enemies routes, traps, ai, etc.
Old 28 August 2019, 21:25   #71
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
is the video back up yet?
No, Amiga Bill and Indie Retro News is set for the big reveal this Thursday.. We can't wait
Old 28 August 2019, 21:35   #72
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
When I was reading some old threads here on Amiga (bad) brawlers, I noticed that our friend Shatterhand, have exactly the same opinion as I do. Every statement he said, I agree 100%. He knows exactly what gameplay mechanic make brawlers good, and what is destroying it.
If I make a brawler in the future, or if I was in these guys position, I'd definitely ask him to be a test player for my game, and would listen to his suggestions.
Thanks for the heads-up mate

I actually saw 2 things on the video that worried me a little bit but, overall, they really seem to know what they're doing gameplay wise
Old 28 August 2019, 21:42   #73
Retro1234
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
No, Amiga Bill and Indie Retro News is set for the big reveal this Thursday.. We can't wait
Ok thanks for the info, just have to wait
Old 28 August 2019, 22:09   #74
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Well, kicking someone laying on the ground, isn't very cavalier and knight behavior, or I am too naive and green for this cruel world.
Neither is 10s of men and women vs 1 or 2.
Old 29 August 2019, 00:59   #75
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Neither is 10s of men and women vs 1 or 2.
Old 29 August 2019, 08:35   #76
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
You guys are really building up some hype. Hope this time it can be delivered. We're still waiting for these other "next level Amiga" games Scourge Of The Underkind and Alarcity (which now even vanished from https://amiga.net.pl).
this bothers me. i preordered alarcity and now it's gone?
Old 29 August 2019, 10:01   #77
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Pixelglass and the team behind 'Worthy', in cooperation with BitBeamCannon and Enable Software, are ready to announce to the community a mindblowing, brand new Amiga 500 brawler that we've been secretly working on!

Are you ready for the big reveal?
Tune in this Thursday, August 29th at 7 pm GMT (3pm EDT), to Amiga Bill's stream to find out and be prepared for some serious jaw droppings!

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/events/DlFwpl6...tlIkMCUUNqknQQ

Amiga Bill will be hosting Michael Parent in an exclusive interview. Mike is a pro-pixel artist and he's been working with us on this secret project. During the interview he is gonna discuss his ideas for a bright future for the Amiga gaming scene, present his current Amiga projects and other amazing retro games he's been creating, as well as this brand new -work in progress- Amiga 500 brawler! The 'climactic' reveal will include the new teaser video of our game and Bill actually playing live the latest build we've prepared for him! This is something every Amiga game enthusiast HAS TO SEE, so make sure not to miss this stream!
This evening ...
Old 29 August 2019, 10:35   #78
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
this bothers me. i preordered alarcity and now it's gone?
They have stated they have removed it to stop others pre-ordering until the game is complete and they will reinstate the listings, something along those lines, check out the Alar City thread for updates there.
Old 29 August 2019, 11:17   #79
Clydos

Metro Siege

Not much information is available besides that "Metro Siege" is a Brawler, but today (08/29/2019, 3:00 pm EDT | 7:00 pm UTC) AmigaBill well held an exclusive stream where the AAA game is revealed: https://www.twitch.tv/events/DlFwpl6qT8C2Ab_RNIrv9g

Some more infos can be found here (together with another cool game): https://bitbeamcannon.com/games/

The game is done by BitBeamCannon, the famous PixelGlass (yay!) and "Enable Software". Never heard of the latter one. Does anyone know who that is?
Old 29 August 2019, 12:33   #80
DamienD
Global Moderator

Bit late to the party Clydos...

Your thread has been merged with the News thread: New arcade quality a500 brawler to be announced!