English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 January 2006, 18:00   #1
filippodb

I need amiga & Workbench Manuals!

HI! I have just bought an Amiga 600 but I have no manuals with it. Where can I find some good manuals about the hardware and the Workbench??

I can't find it on ebay so I'm looking for some good pdf (italian manuals should be better but english also is good) but I don't know if it's legal to distribuite the original Amiga manuals.
Otherwise I'm looking for any kind of good manual for Amiga 600 and Workbench on PDF freely distribuited.

Many thanks.

Old 22 January 2006, 12:05   #2
woody57

I can only suggest you follow the links in the thread below filippodb

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=21161

Because to the best of my knowledge, there is not an obvious known master site dedicated to hosting these volumes.

Looking for these manuals as a free resource is questionable at best, and because your native language of Italian is unlikely to be found in either the American or German distributions of these manuals.

I can only wish you good luck !
Old 22 January 2006, 16:07   #3
filippodb

thanks, I find the A500 manual not bad...
That's a shame the Amiga community doesn't has the manuals of all the computer produced by commodore!
I mean, how many people like me buy have a 2nd hand amiga without manuals and are looking hard for the original books?
Nobody is working for the preservation of the original manuals??
Or the Amiga community is just people that care to preserve videogames only?

Old 22 January 2006, 18:00   #4
woody57

As a member who is in the process of preserving hardware manuals for a historical & PDF download reference index I can assure you that you could NOT be more wrong !

HOWEVER ....Since there are a large NUMBER of manuals for workbench in circulation & add to that the fact that most are a few hundred pages long means that they are NOT a small project or file to undertake scanning, uploading & hosting of.....

Add to that the fact that they are a still comercially available & copywrited text

Means that unless they were suddenly to become unavailable & out of copywrite, then at that time, it certainly would be worth archiving them.

I do hope you do not take my answer offensively as I can only state the current facts as they pertain to the UK.....which is why you will notice that the thread I linked you too had ,downloadable files hosted else where
Old 22 January 2006, 19:46   #5
filippodb

I was talking about Original Commodore manuals that were originally sold with the computers.

I can't find them, are they comercially available??
btw that's good someone had the idea to collect and preserve hardware manuals.

Old 22 January 2006, 20:35   #6
woody57

Obviously the basic layout hardware manuals will be preserved

However you also asked about WORKBENCH manuals which is a completely different matter