English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 November 2013, 22:43   #61
desiv

Nice...
I'm in for this round...
Mostly to ease a bit of the guilt for possibly not paying for Wings the first time around..
I know, it's not the same people, but still.. ;-) :-)
(I don't feel THAT guilty..)

desiv
Old 20 November 2013, 11:08   #62
john4p
Competition Moderator

Happy

After 10 days 60k of the 85k$ goal have been already pledged:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...stered-edition
Old 25 November 2013, 19:55   #63
cinemaware

Right now we are heading to 65k. Slows down a bit, but still looks good. Thanks for everyone supporting us. Please keep on spreading the campaign.

You can also support us if you are on steam and vote for Wings at Greenlight so we can publish Wings also on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=195173821

Old 28 November 2013, 22:18   #64
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/1...maware_28.html

Drool!
Old 29 November 2013, 13:21   #65
spud

The strafing concept looks great. I tried the demo, it's pretty good, shows promise, that uber god like Zeppelin was a real turn off though. I got bored of trying to take it down after a while and gave up.
Old 03 December 2013, 16:09   #66
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Updated Demo
http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/1...maware-is.html
Old 03 December 2013, 21:41   #67
spud

They made the 85K target.
Old 04 December 2013, 10:32   #68
wanderer
I want an A1000

This almost feels like a new Cinemaware Amiga release for me - terribly exciting!
Old 04 December 2013, 11:52   #69
RetroPaul

So glad they hit the target. Wings is one of my favorite Amiga games!
Old 10 December 2013, 14:23   #70
sokolovic

Not too far to see an AmigaOS port also...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...stered-edition
Old 18 December 2013, 04:22   #71
Hillsy_

My thoughts...

I remember when they did the original kickstarter for this, I gave them a harsh email. I mentioned they spent more time and money on the blonde advertising the game than the actual footage of the game. I said it looked tacky and cheesy and then went on how they should at least have a playable demo to advertise the game properly.

They then came back to kickstarter with a demo, I tried it; dreadful. So many problems... The look and feel seems tacky and cheesy. The explosions are no way as good as the original Wings. The enemy planes seem to fly with no AI. It is essentially a mobile/tablet game when it should have been more PC focused. The attention to detail is atrocious. For example, when you get hit in the remastered version the screen goes red. The original showed a sequence where you collide with the enemy giving you the chance to ditch your plane and survive for another day. Your pilot could also be shot, or your plane may go completely out of control through gunfire. I see no passion put into this game. If this is the quality of the remastered version then I am not interested to see if they do 'It Came from the Desert' or 'Rocket Ranger', all three are favourites. The originals will always be the best until someone decides to give the games the respect they deserve.
Old 18 December 2013, 07:57   #72
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy_ View Post
They then came back to kickstarter with a demo, I tried it; dreadful. So many problems... The look and feel seems tacky and cheesy. The explosions are no way as good as the original Wings. The enemy planes seem to fly with no AI. It is essentially a mobile/tablet game when it should have been more PC focused. The attention to detail is atrocious. For example, when you get hit in the remastered version the screen goes red. The original showed a sequence where you collide with the enemy giving you the chance to ditch your plane and survive for another day. Your pilot could also be shot, or your plane may go completely out of control through gunfire.
I agree, but I hope they'll improve the dogfighting a lot, add all of its original gameplay details plus add more like missions that you have to conclude by landing your plane on a runway.
If it'll stay as is then it's a no buy.
Old 18 December 2013, 19:10   #73
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
My thoughts...

I remember when they did the original kickstarter for this, I gave them a harsh email. I mentioned they spent more time and money on the blonde advertising the game than the actual footage of the game. I said it looked tacky and cheesy and then went on how they should at least have a playable demo to advertise the game properly.

They then came back to kickstarter with a demo, I tried it; dreadful. So many problems... The look and feel seems tacky and cheesy. The explosions are no way as good as the original Wings. The enemy planes seem to fly with no AI. It is essentially a mobile/tablet game when it should have been more PC focused. The attention to detail is atrocious. For example, when you get hit in the remastered version the screen goes red. The original showed a sequence where you collide with the enemy giving you the chance to ditch your plane and survive for another day. Your pilot could also be shot, or your plane may go completely out of control through gunfire. I see no passion put into this game. If this is the quality of the remastered version then I am not interested to see if they do 'It Came from the Desert' or 'Rocket Ranger', all three are favourites. The originals will always be the best until someone decides to give the games the respect they deserve.

Ouch.

I didn't think it was that bad. I did notice a few things I didn't like.
I told them and they accepted what I said and also pointed out the things I mentioned would be sorted.

Aslong as they keep listening to people, Im sure it will be a great game.
Old 19 December 2013, 04:38   #74
Hillsy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
conclude by landing your plane on a runway.
As long as it isn't as difficult as taking off in Rocket Ranger
Old 19 December 2013, 12:20   #75
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
As long as it isn't as difficult as taking off in Rocket Ranger
That was part of the fun, . Breaking your joysticks in the process.
Ah the good ol days.
Old 19 December 2013, 14:31   #76
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
My thoughts...
I understand these concerns... and share lots of them, too. Unfortunately, this is not the original Cinemaware team (although Ken Melville is somehow involved) and times have changed. Their website past shenanigans doesn't inspire much confidence, either. However, they do seem to listen and care about the project and the Cinemaware legacy. The demo is in an early stage and the final product should be quite improved. By today's standards, I guess Wings is not too complex of a game to make, so I think they are worth a shot.
Old 19 December 2013, 14:40   #77
kipper2k

What is the email to use for the Cinemaware tech team, i want to propose some changes and can't find it ?
Old 19 December 2013, 14:47   #78
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

So far my main criticism of the Wings Remaster is that the visuals look far to clean and bland.

If the 3D models aren't up the scratch it's going to kill the look and atmosphere of the game, with the original game being so basic you could rely on your own imagination to fill in the gaps. The music really helped too, so if they can't nail that it doesn't fill me with confidence. But as wanderer mentions, there's still time for things to improve. As with all Amiga remakes I haven't got high expectations.
Old 19 December 2013, 15:19   #79
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
What is the email to use for the Cinemaware tech team, i want to propose some changes and can't find it ?
This should do fine.
Old 03 July 2014, 17:54   #80
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/0...-big-beta.html