English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 November 2018, 23:27   #1
nolunchman

Did LEFT-Amiga M survive?

back into the amiga scene after 2 decades. seems i have missed a lot, but i've managed to get a handle on the current OS and hardware options. might sound silly but this keyboard combo is one of my favorites out of any computer and it was uniquely Amiga on top of that.

being able to drag the title bar to see if there were any programs running was/is very useful too.

if the new OS developers haven't incorporated this, the feel will be not very distinguishable from the various linux offerings.

Last edited by nolunchman; 04 November 2018 at 23:44.
Old 04 November 2018, 23:37   #2
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

I used it a lot (along with LAmiga-n to go straight to WB) but now I have a commodity (not sure which one) which makes the same by pressing LMB on the top right gadget of the screen.
Old 04 November 2018, 23:41   #3
grelbfarlk

Sure it's still there, it's also in MorphOS too. Don't know what Koney is saying though, the icon in the upper right corner of the screen has always been used to flip to the next screen. Dragging though unfortunately is limited to Amiga screenmodes and CybergraphX, not available on P96 with RTG graphics cards, unless there's a hack that I'm not aware of.
Old 05 November 2018, 07:07   #4
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Sure it's still there, it's also in MorphOS too.
Yes, they are configured to lamiga-n and lamiga-m by default on MorphOS, but they also are user configurable, so you can change them to anything you want. You can also add several hotkeys for the same action and keep the traditional lamiga-m as a legacy hotkey and add, for example, alt-tab if you want to keep it consistent with newer platforms etc, or any kind of combo with keyboard/mouse which you might find easier to use yourself

Here you can see several other cool hotkey options MorphOS offers, more than you got with Amiga.
Old 05 November 2018, 07:40   #5
Nickman1200

AFAIK both AROS and OS4 can also screen drag.
Old 05 November 2018, 12:22   #6
Daedalus

Yep, OS4 has draggable screens, and has kept the same Left-Amiga shortcuts (M & N for screens, V and B for requesters...)

If you mean the latest developments of OS 3 (3.1.4), then yes, it still has all those shortcuts too.
Old 12 November 2018, 05:25   #7
nolunchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yep, OS4 has draggable screens, and has kept the same Left-Amiga shortcuts (M & N for screens, V and B for requesters...)
very cool

ahh yes Left Amiga B very handy when user-startup complains about non-existent assigns