English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 December 2006, 14:59   #1
gonzo

Question Play Amiga games online?

I have been using WinUAE for a while and have been wondering if it's possible to play games online? For instance I have the game called Kick Off 2 and my friend does too, we would love to play on the same team.

Anyway I not sure this can be done and done know where to start.

Old 22 December 2006, 15:38   #2
Marcuz

try this:
http://www.kaillera.com/
it needs some work to be ok with Winuae and as i've never really tested it to success, i cannot help. there are members here that do use it to play sensible soccer and other games, so maybe they can help you better. as for the "same team" thing you would like i guess that is completely dependent on the game code and not to a client/server setting, and i don't think Kick Off can be played that way, you can match against your friend tough
Old 22 December 2006, 16:01   #3
gonzo

Sounds like it might not be worth doing then, it's a shame. I'll wait to see if there are any other replies, do you know if there will ever be any updated online/cooperative tools to get this to work?

Old 22 December 2006, 17:04   #4
Marcuz

well winuae' coder is not interested in kaillera, and seeing how little is the number of people that uses that (i simply judge by the amount of talk in this forum, i have no other info) i guess that's more than understandable. as far as other external projects that focus on single games who know? you are talking of hacking a game and that's requires knowledges and will of commit lot of time for a doubtfully interesting project. that's not easy to happen, but i'm not the right person to ask about that. i'm sorry
Old 25 December 2006, 19:15   #5
blindfold
Zone Friend

There are already many packs for Amiga games to be played on emulator somewhere on internet. Try looking for "Amiga Online Gaming Pack". I don't like soccers, but from those games I have Sensible Soccer and Speedball ready to play via web.