English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Sports

Old 18 October 2019, 23:02   #1
DamienD
Global Moderator

Rubgy World Cup 2019

To be honest I haven't really been watching this due to the time of which the games are played i.e. being in Japan.

Tomorrow there are some massive games though:
  • Australia vs. England.
  • New Zealand vs. Ireland.
Definitely going to watch the Australia vs. England match, and will probably also watch the New Zealand vs. Ireland match

It's a hard one for me, considering I was born and brought up in Sydney, Australia but have been living in London since the age of 22 (after coming here on a 2 year working holiday visa / then being sponsored through work) and now have dual passports.

...but, I really have to support my home country; and always do in any sport.

Come on Aussies!!!

...and come on Kiwis!!!
Old 19 October 2019, 12:09   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Gutted

Australia played sooooo bad, way too many silly mistakes / ball handling errors.

England stayed strong and more than deserved the win. Well done
Old 19 October 2019, 14:16   #3
Ian
Global Moderator

Whinging Aussie lol

Australia played well until the last 20 minutes. They just couldn't cope with England's defence.

Jones has chiekas number.

Looks like England v NZ in the semi final. Final will be an anti climax compared to that game.
Old 20 October 2019, 03:25   #4
redblade
Zone Friend

I watched both games. I thought the New Zealand and Ireland game would have been closer, because there have been some games where Ireland has been leading.

Some guy in New Zealand bet $100,000NZD 49,428.5GBP on NZ to beat Ireland. I don't know how much he won.

A few years a go some guy bet $100,000 Don't know what currency on NZ to beat Ireland. Ireland beat New Zealand, I think this matched was played in USA <My left bracket doesn't work>

As for the England Aussie game, England seemed to have just dominated Aussie. I thought Australia might have came back because they normally do against New Zealand.

Japan Vs South Africa, Japan has won before and they seem to have good team discipline.
Wales Vs France, I want Wales to win because France has a habbit of beating New Zealand in the world cup.

Rugby world cup is on pay tv in New Zealand. I tried watching it on itv via a VPN but the ads won <5 minutes> and I didn't have a .uk credit card to buy a premium account which was 4 GBP a month compared to the prices below.

Early bird May 1 - May 31 $59.99 NZD 29.65 GBP 34.28 EUR
Tournament Pass Early Bird $79.99 NZD 39.54 GBP 45.70 EUR
Tournament Pass $89.99 NZD 44.48 GBP 51.42 EUR
Per match $24.99 NZD 12.35 GBP 14.28 EUR

I don't know what the business cost is for these packages.

@Bippym Lucky you with those 2 passports. I only have New Zealand and Australia, and want to get a Europe or Canadian one as well. I went to Norway for my OE and spent years working around Australia. Wow you went to London 20 years ago when Trance music was at its peak and also mushrooms were still legal.

Last edited by redblade; 20 October 2019 at 03:32. Reason: added a GBP
Old 20 October 2019, 18:29   #5
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
As for the England Aussie game, England seemed to have just dominated Aussie. I thought Australia might have came back because they normally do against New Zealand.
I was looking forward to an Australia vs New Zealand semi-final... they are always good games

Quote:
Rugby world cup is on pay tv in New Zealand. I tried watching it on itv via a VPN but the ads won <5 minutes> and I didn't have a .uk credit card to buy a premium account which was 4 GBP a month compared to the prices below.

Early bird May 1 - May 31 $59.99 NZD 29.65 GBP 34.28 EUR
Tournament Pass Early Bird $79.99 NZD 39.54 GBP 45.70 EUR
Tournament Pass $89.99 NZD 44.48 GBP 51.42 EUR
Per match $24.99 NZD 12.35 GBP 14.28 EUR

I don't know what the business cost is for these packages.
That's crazy, poor you

I watch it for free here in the UK, but the time when the games start is difficult if not on a weekend.

Quote:
@Bippym Lucky you with those 2 passports. I only have New Zealand and Australia, and want to get a Europe or Canadian one as well. I went to Norway for my OE and spent years working around Australia. Wow you went to London 20 years ago when Trance music was at its peak and also mushrooms were still legal.
Where did BippyM come from; surely you mean me

It wasn't luck; I ended up getting sponsored for 5 years through work, then applied for residency, and it was another 2 - 3 years before I could apply for British Citizen / get a passport.

Last edited by DamienD; 20 October 2019 at 18:38.
Old 27 October 2019, 05:59   #6
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Where did BippyM come from; surely you mean me

It wasn't luck; I ended up getting sponsored for 5 years through work, then applied for residency, and it was another 2 - 3 years before I could apply for British Citizen / get a passport.
Yeah. sorry, that must of came out the wrong way about the residence thing. you must of seen London change over the years, especially the house prices. You must of seen a lot of Amiga hardware being shifted for low prices last decade? There was some good stuff in New Zealand but no where near the quantiy as the .UK??

England brought their A game last night, and destroyed the All Blacks. Was a great game with the first subs coming on after 45 minutes. Eddie Jones must of told the England team, if you're not coming off in a ambulance, you're walking home from Japan.

Well done England, they must be the favourites now. Good luck for the Welsh tonight.

The Australians musn't feel too bad after that.
Old 27 October 2019, 21:35   #7
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yeah. sorry, that must of came out the wrong way about the residence thing. you must of seen London change over the years, especially the house prices. You must of seen a lot of Amiga hardware being shifted for low prices last decade? There was some good stuff in New Zealand but no where near the quantiy as the .UK??
No problem

Quote:
England brought their A game last night, and destroyed the All Blacks. Was a great game with the first subs coming on after 45 minutes. Eddie Jones must of told the England team, if you're not coming off in a ambulance, you're walking home from Japan.

Well done England, they must be the favourites now. Good luck for the Welsh tonight.

The Australians musn't feel too bad after that.
Yeah, well done England!!!

...you've beaten New Zealand, Australia and after the game today will probably do the same to South Africa.

England deserve to win this year's World Cup; without doubt!!!
Old 28 October 2019, 05:57   #8
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

...you've beaten New Zealand, Australia and after the game today will probably do the same to South Africa.

England deserve to win this year's World Cup; without doubt!!!
Nope, Springboks will Win :P