English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 June 2009, 15:10   #1
MagikGimp

Check-boxes

Hi, I'm trying to install Workbench 3.1 for fun with WinUAE (uh oh...) but when installing things, checking boxes seems to have no effect as to what is installed; this has even been evident with installing Workbench itself. When I did so I checked the box for the British keyboard layout but then was confused as to why all the keys were the wrong way around. I had to copy the gb keymap file from another virtual HDD so that was no problem but now I'm trying to install Picasso96 and things as you'd expect are a little more complicated. Although I checked the box marked uaegfx, these drivers don't seem to have been installed so much as their options are not listed in Prefs:ScreenMode (or whatever it's called). Anyone got any idea as to why this is happening and what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

Old 23 June 2009, 15:16   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Modified WB disk image?

Most common reason for RTG problem: RTG RAM set to zero or wrong CPU (needs to be at least 68020)
Old 23 June 2009, 15:29   #3
MagikGimp

Sorry, I know very little about Amigas but a fair amount about emulation but I'm confused as to why ReTargetable Graphics would cause an issue with check-boxes; unless you mean that issue is caused by a modified disk and the RTG problem is something else entirely?

Workbench seems to be fine and so are my graphics, it's just that when I chose the uaegfx drivers to be installed (by checking the box) they weren't and this goes for all boxes checked so far for all installations. If it's useful I'm emulating an A1200 at the moment from a config. I've made from Quickstarting an expanded configuration setup and then saving those settings to a file that I've added HDDs to and such.

Old 25 June 2009, 12:16   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I asked if Install/WB disk is modified (perhaps missing protection flags or something) because I don't see any other reason for non-working checkboxes.
Old 25 June 2009, 12:29   #5
MagikGimp

I'm afraid I have no idea; all I know is that the discs are not genuine originals and rather a set I downloaded some time back. Anyhow it turns out the problem was only specific to the Workbench install and the Picasso96 installation wasn't working for another reason (not emulating the RTG graphics card). I'd say this case was closed as I'm well into things now; I may even have a go trying to install 3.9 eventually too. Thanks for your help!