English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 22 July 2002, 10:39   #1
Big-Byte
Long time member

Rare Megadrive Games?

Anyone know anything about this game I picked up for the Megadrive this weekend.

Its a Japanese Import called 'Bomboy' I havent got an adapter so cant play it at the mo. Judging by the cover its a (pirate maybe?) version of Bomberman. Ive never heard of it and cant find ANY mention of it on the net. I will scan the cover soon.

I also got this:

Cuty Suzuki Ringside Angel - Is it Rare? I image its a collectors item just for the picture on the box!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05310030.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	3053  
Old 22 July 2002, 10:41   #2
Big-Byte
Long time member

Heres a better picture:

http://www.geocities.com/dandy_usa/c...y_suzuki_j.jpg
Old 22 July 2002, 11:05   #3
Fissuras
Old Luny

So this is a wrestling game
Old 22 July 2002, 12:36   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Awesome stuff, man! Can we get a scan like that for Bomboy?
Old 22 July 2002, 13:06   #5
Amiga1992

OH! Cuty Suzuki!! Perform a piledriver on me baby!

Big Byte: I can provide you with an import converter cartridge, of the rare MegaKey type, or just a simple port extensor. You have to find out which method is best suited for your game and system. If the game has no country lockup hardware inside, a port extensor would do just fine.

Then again, if you have a PAL megadrive you might be needing a Megakey. These are rare and quite expensive today! but I'm selling teh few left that I have for a decent ammount of cash, no inane eBay price (last eBayed Megakey 2 I saw, that was mine, went for 130 dollars!)

PM me if you want!
Old 22 July 2002, 13:20   #6
Bloodwych

Cuty Suzuki! YEAH!

I got this game free with a JAP Megadrive pack I nagged for one Christmas along with an infra red arcade stick!

I was one of the first Megadrive owners in the UK and my friends jaws would drop when witnessing Revenge of Shinobi, golden axe and Ghouls N Ghosts.

Sold the darn thing to buy a SNES however at a later date.......................

Oh well. This game is actually quite good if you learn the moves. As Akira pointed out it'd be even better if the girls were doing the moves on us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	3055  
Old 22 July 2002, 13:22   #7
Big-Byte
Long time member

@Fiss, Yep they are quite big on womens wrestling in Japan apparently. Just do a search on google (but not from work - you never know what will turn up on these jap sites!)

The scan for Cuties was found on the net, but I will get the bomboy cover / cart scanned tonight when I go round to see Mort. Hes got a hugh collection of Megadrive stuff and has lots of Jap carts so must have a converter (or two). - Now I have to find someone who can dump the cart if it hasnt been already.

These carts will be for sale soon once Im bored of them.
Old 22 July 2002, 21:31   #8
cv643d

Check the good tools set if the rom is already dumped.

lol @ gamecovers
Old 23 July 2002, 05:12   #9
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

A friend of mine had this game for his Mega-Drive and it was this exact same cover.

I remeber we never enjoyed this game that much, but... well, it's always exciting to see women fight and all.
Old 23 July 2002, 20:06   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
but... well, it's always exciting to see women fight and all.
You perv
Old 24 July 2002, 12:15   #11
Bloodwych

Just ignore me............I'll go away soon.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 24 July 2002 at 13:54.
Old 29 July 2002, 10:06   #12
Big-Byte
Long time member

I finally got to play Bomboy this weekend thanks to an amazing bargain I picked up!!

Looking through the GoodGEN collection I see that it hasnt been dumped. Anyone know of anyone I could contact to get this cart dumped for the masses?

What I got at the boot fair:

A Japanese Sega Megadrive / MegaCD combi thing that also plays music cds (and looks like a portable cd player - nice and compact)

A megakey!! Great!! Has four little dipswitches on it to select country code etc...

Jap Megacd game (4 in 1) Golden Axe, columns etc..

14-in-1 pirate cartridge. (Really into playing Rambo III at the moment!)

Sonic 3 and Mortal Kombat.

Not bad eh!!
Old 29 July 2002, 18:09   #13
Amiga1992

NICE Big Byte! So you got yerself a megakey 1. Keep good care of it! And the comobo thing you got is a Sega CDX. ÜBER nice thing

I havent been IRCing for ages, but I suppose you could contact Snorter of GenesisPower. He used to be after all this stuff! However, make sure the cart is dumpable. if it is a pirate hack at Bomberman, chances is that inside instead of ROMs it has the black blob shite going on. If you can open up teh cart and see the insides, and if you see black blob instead of ICs, I dont know if the cart can be dumped.

in any case, join Newnet's #rareroms and see if Snorter is still dedicating to this stuff... Otherwise ask Cowering, Vitor or any other of the mods in there.