English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 04 September 2008, 20:31   #121
ungi
Amiga Games Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
A game like this should NOT be allowed to fester in a museum, whatever the problems for the original developers, it would be criminal to see their efforts wasted like this, triumph over adversity and all that

Can you PLAY it in the museum??? I assumed you just can take a look at the floppies and read the text "unreleased Amiga game from 1994..."

What a shame when the original heavy-protected and only-in-the-world floppies would get damaged by some kid or moron playing the game and so destroying it for all the future :-)
Old 04 September 2008, 20:56   #122
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungi View Post
Can you PLAY it in the museum??? I assumed you just can take a look at the floppies and read the text "unreleased Amiga game from 1994..."
To answer your question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydric View Post
Right now, the only place you can play it is at the Personal Computer Museum, which is part of the charm of coming here and trying out new things.
So I guess - yes you can play it there!
Old 05 September 2008, 03:20   #123
rabahs

Update on Babylonian Twins

Hi Guys

Just an update on this. I am working on a Amiga demo for this game. I just need to setup an Amiga emulator with all required tools. I already have an Amiga DOS version of the demo, I just need to produce and ADF version. I will update you on this.

Also, after all the positive responses I received on this forum and on youtube, I am taking the porting efforts more seriously. I have re-registered the domain Babyloniantwins.com and I will update it with my future plans.

Also, I am answering some interview questions I received about the story behind the game, I will update that too.

For all future communication about the game, please contact me directly, I have resolved the pending issues with Syd regarding the publishing rights for the game.

Thanks
Rabah
rabahshihab at yahoo dot ca

Old 05 September 2008, 03:46   #124
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I sincerely hope you release the full version into the community and don't hold the amiga version ransom because you want to publish a different version.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05 September 2008, 07:29   #125
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Well, well...
Paying for a game which is 14 years old isn't an issue. Many of us buying sw from ebay recently, the only difference between those and this game is the release date, but nothing else.
Second thing, if anything new comes out to the Amiga makes no sense for me if it is only for the A500 or any other targeted model instead of the whole Amiga range. If so, then all of us have to purchase the latest Amiga models and expansions and sell all "old", "obsolete" wares immediately, what is nonsense. Think if all the stores immediately removes all PS2 titles, just because PS2 is too old if compare with PS3 for example....

Also, paying full price for a complete game these days also doesn't matters. Wish to live again in the early nineties, with the same financial environment. I was a kid, with no money at all, and in my region was practically impossible to buy all of those games which I wanted. Shame that now I can buy any of them, but it will not reach the developers, as only can be purchased from a second hand stock, but that's an other story.
I also would like to help in any way, but I afraid the only thing I can do is to buy the game, so if it will be released, then that will be done by myself.
And having a native OS4 version later, just would be the top of the cake.
No offence, just thoughts.
Old 05 September 2008, 12:01   #126
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
Also, paying full price for a complete game these days also doesn't matters. Wish to live again in the early nineties, with the same financial environment. I was a kid, with no money at all, and in my region was practically impossible to buy all of those games which I wanted.
This is a very good point, for me it was the same story... My mum was working 3 jobs to raise 3 kids, i used to go without lunch and use the money from lunch to save up and buy a game but that would take me something like 4 months for 1 game, then when i left school the country was in recession and there was no work...etc..

So what is a kid/teenager in this circumstance going to do!??.. Shit, even my 1st C64 in the 80's was second hand!! and hardly any of the key worked properly!!... and i had to save REAL hard for an Amiga 500... So with games being $70 a pop back then... to afford that would have meant robbing the local bank!!... hehe...

I am sure many of us were in similar circumstances!.... but i will concede that once i started working and could finally afford games for my A500 and subsequently my A1200, i would "still" do the wrong thing, but on the other hand, if the game really something i thought was worth buying, i would buy it!.. i bought at least 40 original games for the Amiga over the course of time
Old 05 September 2008, 13:05   #127
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
if the owners like to have some money i like to give them 20 eur for it.
Old 07 September 2008, 20:51   #128
ungi
Amiga Games Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
This is a very good point, for me it was the same story... My mum was working 3 jobs to raise 3 kids, i used to go without lunch
ah, now I have got to work with one job and pay 50% to my ex-wife and my 3 kids which all live in luxury. seems you had the wrong father. well, guess you weren´t asked when your mother chose him :-).
Old 11 September 2008, 23:55   #129
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Any word on the demo yet?
Old 12 September 2008, 02:44   #130
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit80 View Post
Any word on the demo yet?
not yet
I think this was a nice joke like the natami scam project
Old 12 September 2008, 03:31   #131
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
not yet
I think this was a nice joke like the natami scam project
I bet $20 you're wrong about this game.
Old 12 September 2008, 06:39   #132
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I bet $20 you're wrong about this game.
I pass....let's hope everything turns out all right
Old 12 September 2008, 21:25   #133
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Hm can't believe i missed this thread until today. But its not too late to send out the my greetings to the Coders. Very nice work.
So after readings this whole thread i'm really curious to play the demo and maybe the full version. As some mentioned before it even would pay some money for the game. Such promising work deserves it. So i'm curious to see what happens now.
Old 12 September 2008, 23:34   #134
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

EAB needs a bookie.
Old 13 September 2008, 07:31   #135
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Still waiting eagerly the first public demo. Maybe a CD32 (CDTV? ) full version later...
Old 13 September 2008, 09:16   #136
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

laser - stop trolling.

all - please ignore any further idiotic laser posts. I will remove any spam.
Old 13 September 2008, 21:20   #137
Mahir Hisham

the music guy

Hello All
Let me introduce myself, I'm 'Mahir Hisham', the music and sound effects guy
I was contacted by my old friend Rabah today when he found me accidentally on facebook after all these years, I'm happy for seeing all these posts about the game, happy to see the appreciation of effort, but on the same time, sad cause I think that this appreciation came out too late.
It is interesting to have the game on the market -someway- at last, not for money, not for pride, but to get as many people to know how our poor Iraq under sanction was having such creative minds that were also under sanction
we were a small group of collage kids having simple daily afternoon meetings at rabah's house, using simple equipments of Amiga 500 with no HD, hooked up to a TV using a TV modulator, and for me using a very rare piece of hardware that I was possessing those days which was an "Audio-In interface" so I could include all these traditional Iraqi music instruments some of which were sampled from real instruments, and some were from old recordings that were on LPs.... and for the records, I was allowed to use only 64Kb for each music piece..!!
Anyway, composing and playing music was a hobby for me rather than a career as I was in the medical school back then.
and my dear Murtadha, I'm now in 'Ann Arbor, Michigan/ USA' and my email is mahirhisham@yahoo.com ,I'll be happy if we can get contact again
and Audai my friend... I wonder why you didn't mention the music of your -not finished- game 'Gilgamish'... as I remember, it took me a considerable time and effort to develop, and I consider it was the best of my work

Last edited by Mahir Hisham; 13 September 2008 at 21:31.

Old 13 September 2008, 21:27   #138
viddi

Hi Mahir and welcome to the EAB.

Your mods are simply awesome and I noticed the traditional instruments.
Fantastic work.

I hope we´ll see a final public version soon...
Old 13 September 2008, 21:27   #139
TCD

Hi Mahir,

welcome to the EAB
It's good to see that everybody of the original team now had shown up here. Your music sounds really good and I hope we can enjoy it in the game someday
Old 13 September 2008, 22:44   #140
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

The actual game aside, it's heartwarming that a group of old Amiga friends have been reunited after so many years. I think that's pretty cool.