English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 15 July 2008, 23:30   #1
luke_70it

Can't start SPS games in GBA

Hello,
I added sps directory in the extra path, and Gamebase Amiga find them in the "Verify available files" section.
My problem is that when I try to start an SPS game, winuae doesn't load the game in df0! If I press F12, I don't find any image in the floppy section, but if I manually load Gamebase Amiga configuration, I find them...
What I'm doing wrong?

Thank You
Luca

Old 16 July 2008, 00:09   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Are you sure GB Amiga is finding them?

You shouldn't add the sps directory to the extras path, you should add the extras directory to the path and only the extras directory, then create a subdir called SPS and put the sps files in there and then run the spsmove.bat so that they are in further numbered subdirs.
Old 16 July 2008, 09:13   #3
luke_70it

Hi Belgarath, thank you for your fast reply!
I put the correct path for SPS (I was not clear in my previous post...): I don't have whdload and sps folders in the "extra" directory, but I have 2 directories: \whdload\whdload, and \SPS\SPS. I added the \whdload and \SPS paths to the extra path configuration (for whdload works fine).
By the way I will try to use the standard Gamebase Amiga directory structure...

The problem is that when winuae starts, the "Gamebase Amiga.uae" configuration file doesn't seems to be loaded for SPS games: if I manually load the configuration, I can find the correct sps file in the virtual drive, and I can play the game!
So Gamebase Amiga write the correct path\game in the winuae configuration, but winuae doesn't load it automatically...

I don't understand why this happens, since adf games works fine

Do you think i'ts better to uninstall GBA, install it again ad reconfigure it from the beginning?

Thank you
Luca

Old 16 July 2008, 11:30   #4
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Hmmm...well you could try reinstalling it..but to be honest I'm not even sure how this is possible...if it loads adfs then it should load sps as gamebase uses the same script to load both..

Old 16 July 2008, 22:35   #5
luke_70it

Belgarath,
I uninstalled both winuae and gamebase amiga and installed them again.
Now I can run SPS games: probably I broke something in the configuration file trying to activate fullscreen and direct3d filter...

I want to tank you very much for your work. Gamebase Amiga is awesome!!

Old 13 December 2008, 22:49   #6
sjakie43
DJ

Where can i find this program>SPSmove.bat?

Sjakie43
Old 15 October 2010, 00:13   #7
ukdesigner

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Are you sure GB Amiga is finding them?

You shouldn't add the sps directory to the extras path, you should add the extras directory to the path and only the extras directory, then create a subdir called SPS and put the sps files in there and then run the spsmove.bat so that they are in further numbered subdirs.
Hello,

Wow this was cpl of years ago, but I cannot get this dammed Amiga Emulator working and have been stuck here for 48 hours now trying everything possible...

The trouble I have is that it keeps telling me the disk image cannot be played (IPF) because an SPS plugin is needed.

I downloaded the win_64bit version and inside found a dll file labled capsimg_x64.dll and theres no instructions as what to do with it?

The readme says stick it in the main directory, but that hasnt changed anything. hmmm not sure if its meant to go somewhere specific, but its driving me to suicide. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thankyou...
Old 15 October 2010, 06:46   #8
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The 'main directory' is the one for WinUAE (where WinUAE.exe is on your HD), not the GBA directory. Hopefully that fixes it
Old 15 October 2010, 10:40   #9
Silhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdesigner View Post

I downloaded the win_64bit version and inside found a dll file labled capsimg_x64.dll and theres no instructions as what to do with it?
Use the 32-bit version (unless you specifically downloaded the experimental 64-bit winuae version).