Xenon

Thiefs on ebay...

Have you seen that??

http://cgi.ebay.es/AMIGA-CD32-GAME-R...QQcmdZViewItem

GBP 200,00 for AKIRA!!!

http://cgi.ebay.es/EXTREMELY-RARE-AM...QQcmdZViewItem

GBP 250,00 FOR HUMANS!!!

Some people are
simply THIEFS, not amiga users, not sceners... NOTHING.

DON'T BUY to this people. Please.

Yours,

EDIT: OK, IS ONLY FOR PROMOTING A NEW AMIGA SHOP BUT I DON'T LIKE THIS WAY OF ADVERTISING!!

Last edited by Xenon; 30 August 2005 at 15:41.
Old 28 August 2005, 19:37   #2
Peanutuk

How on Earth are these people 'thiefs'? Unrealistic maybe, greedy perhaps but they aren't stealing from people. If you're stupid enough to pay £250 for an Amiga game without finding out what it's really worth then you deserve to have less money.
Old 28 August 2005, 19:40   #3
jmmijo

I see what you mean there, however, I don't understand the Extremely Rare items list this seller has at the bottom of the page:

I have a couple of copies of Agony, one used copy to replace my original discs which I mis-placed then found again later
Old 28 August 2005, 21:16   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

how people can even think about advertising these "rare" games for that price makes me laugh!!!

If they sell them for those prices then I take my hat off to them
Old 29 August 2005, 05:36   #5
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

This guy is just using these auctions to draw attention to a website he will be opening up that will be selling games at "reasonable" prices.

www.amigaheaven.co.uk

I don't think he expects to sell any of these and if he does it is a bonus.

One of them is listed as "OMFG another rare amiga game".
Old 29 August 2005, 16:49   #6
girv

They're worth what someone will pay for them
Old 29 August 2005, 17:46   #7
Fenrir

I've seen way worse - a guy paid the Chris Huelsbeck BGM collection approx. $110 back in 1994 (yes, 1994!)
If you have the guts to sell something so overpriced, if you manage to place it well... good for you. The buyer has the final word anyway.
The "extremely rare" tag is a bit overused though, but decent ebayers know that it doesn't mean anything.
Old 30 August 2005, 07:08   #8
AmigaNut

ROTLF while PMSL !!! I thought i would pay a visit to the amiga board to see if anyone had come across my auctions. I have to say i wasn't disspointed! XENON !!!! your just upset because your only worth a couple of pounds LOL !!! Anyway if you take a look a little bit closer and actually read some of the auctions you will see why i have put pirces on like i have....

T_hairy_bootson <-- hey buddy gud ay mate!! you said..

"This guy is just using these auctions to draw attention to a website he will be opening up that will be selling games at "reasonable" prices."

www.amigaheaven.co.uk

I don't think he expects to sell any of these and if he does it is a bonus.

One of them is listed as "OMFG another rare amiga game".

Well you hit the nail on the head and anyone with half a brain will see that when they actually read the auctions. God i'm still ROTFL !! Akira your so funny! i love your post and thanks for the help.. heres a couple of quotes from my amiga auctions. Come back after and comment on it if you thought i was serious about the prices? Unless of course they sold?!! mind you i have seen some go for very high prices, like moonstone did sell awhile back for a lot of money oh and btw i did this on 5p listing day so it only cost me a few pence.. here we go:::

"OH MY!! I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE, I THINK I NEED A NUMBER 1 BRB....... OK BACK, YES ITS UNREAL BY UBI.. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY, THE ONE THAT ALWAYS SEEMS TO GET AWAY!! WELL THATS COS I ALWAYS BUY IT!! MUWHAHA!!! THE ONE GAME YOU NEED BUT YOUR ALWAYS ONE STEP BEHIND!! BUGGER EY? WELL, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BID AND WIN WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL!! WHY? BECAUSE YOU SEE WITH SUCH A HIGH START PRICE WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BID ON IT APART FROM YOU?? SEE..? JUST BID THE STARTING PRICE AND SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR A HAPPY EMAIL FROM ME."

"YES ITS STAR CONTROL!!! IF YOU PLAYED THIS AS A KID THEN YOU WERE BLESSED IF YOU HAD FRIENDS WHEN YOU WERE A KID AND PLAYED THIS WITH THEM THEN, WELL I NEED SAY NOMORE REALLY...

STAR CONTROL..

TO BE FAIR I SHOULDN'T EVEN BE RISKING THIS BEING SOLD AS I'D BE GUTTED BUT IF YOUR CRAZY ENOUGH TO PAY 250 QUID FOR IT THEN GO FOR YOUR LIFE!!"

"MY WORD THEY JUST KEEP A COMIN!! A STEADY STREAM OF RETRO AMIGA GAMING DELIGHTS, TO LOOK AT LEAST ANYWAY?? MAYBE YOU HAVE A DODGY OLD DIRTY COPY YOU CAN PLAY ON YOUR AMIGA WHILE YOU LOOK AT THIS PIC AND DREAM OF HOLDING THOSE ILLUSIVE, LEGENDARY DISKS IN YOUR HANDS SMELLING THE BARELY USED MANUAL AS YOU HUNT FOR THE CORRECT CODE TO START THE GAME. AAAHH......

NUCLEAR WAR..WoW, WHAT A GAME!!!"

Ok there you go!! you gotta laugh at that surely!! you should see the emails i've been getting some are really good and to be fair there's a couple i cant post anywhere due to the nasty words used. I LOVE EBAY..

Final note, i had a few spare copys of moonstone before the auction started and now i only have 2 left!

Later

Paul the AmigaNut
Old 30 August 2005, 07:45   #9
AmigaNut

i thought i would post a few emails i've had over the last couple of days Here they are:

"$550 US dollars? Whatever you're having...make mine a double!"

"am i reading the right price 250.00 or 25.00 are you in the real world?"

"Are you serious with these prices? You can get most of these at car boot sales for £2-£5. Are you after early retirement?????"

"hi its ******* i have just seen the price of the moonstone you couldn`t give a little on the price ,i will give you £5.00 for it"

"Would you accept one million pounds for this CD?"

"I'll swap it for my *RARE* DD/DD blank disks!?! p4"

"hello is this game really worth this much? just wondering as i picked up the exact same as what you are selling at a car boot today for 1quid! and was thinking of selling but wasnt sure as was worth anything."

for the last one above i replied to him explaining that i was just joking etc etc and that i would be happy to take it off his hands for a crisp 5 pound note, LOL I'm only joking of course i told him to list straight after mine didnt sell so as to get more money for it.... So if anyone is looking for a cheaper Moonstone then search the day after mine finishes..

Later

Paul
Old 30 August 2005, 09:25   #10
AmigaNut

Me again!! sorry, i forgot to mention Peanutuk's post! yeah i'd have to agree with you, apart from the greedy bit of course!!

Later

Paul
Old 30 August 2005, 12:13   #11
MethodGit

The eBay desperados strike again

Not just once!

Not just twice!

BUT THRICE!
Old 30 August 2005, 12:53   #12
Xenon

Ok, that's been a misunderstanding. Sorry But I have seen people paying too much money for very common game :S Actually I don't like this way of advertising.

Yours,

Last edited by Xenon; 30 August 2005 at 15:41.
Old 30 August 2005, 15:24   #13
oldpx

Amiganut I don't understand a bit of your messages. Why are you posting your auctions on SPANISH ebay with wrong genre (Fútbol americano)? Are you naive enough to expect people will pay this much for these auctions and if you aren't, what is your goal other than annoying people? And most importantly, what makes you think thse games are that rare (GBP 200,00) when they aren't? These are the questions I have, please use the quote tag next time you quote someone so that we understand your posts better. Thanks. :P

Oh and I didn't know F word was allowed in ebay item titles!

If you're really doing this entire thing to advertise your site WOW you lost some customers already!

Quote:
Later

Paul the AmigaNut
You don't need to remind us who you are three times in a row. In fact you can edit all your posts and merge them into a single one. While you're at it READ THE FAQ!

Last edited by oldpx; 30 August 2005 at 15:31.

Old 30 August 2005, 15:41   #14
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit

Thread for these auctions already existed... Joined
Old 30 August 2005, 15:44   #15
Xenon

I didn't remember
Old 30 August 2005, 22:01   #16
AmigaNut

The little quote tab doesn't seem to work????

pxscroll you said "Why are you posting your auctions on SPANISH ebay with wrong genre (Fútbol americano)?"

not sure what you mean about spanish eBay, didn't even know there was one so i dont how your viewing the auction but it must be an eBay thing. I listed on Ebay UK. Looks like i made some mistakes when listing the type of games, i chucked them together last min...

Ok, forget about the price, i'm not going to keep going over the same thing, i've told you all why i have listed the games at the prices i did,

But i did choose games from my collection that are very rarely on eBay..

oh and pxscroll, i guess i was naive to think that it is polite to sign off at the end of each msg, i guess i was wrong.

it wasnt the f word it was the f letter!!

it seems like you all lack a sence of humour?? i mean what the hell have i really done wrong? Please tell me?

Quote again:

If you're really doing this entire thing to advertise your site WOW you lost some customers already!

why is that then, have you read my auctions? if you have then you surely gotta laugh and not get upset with me? i'm having some trouble understanding this i have to say!!!

Bye for now

Paul

amiganut

Paul

Later

Paul

LOL !!!
Old 30 August 2005, 22:41   #17
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Do you guys know about defensive driving and offensive driving?

Offensive driving is: I AM THE KING OF THE ROAD! OUT OF THE WAY, OTHERWISE....!
Defensive driving is: Just let the other idiots run into radar traps, I just keep to the max speed and possibly - save a couple of crisp pound notes for other things than for speeding fines!

You guessed it, on e-bay I prefer the defensive way, and that is:
Let the seller fall on his nose himself with his uber-high prices; sooner or later, he will either withdraw the article completely or - as usual - sell it at a cheaper price.
War campaigns like yours, Xenon, have never done any good. Do not act like the bulls (yes that was a puckish and intentional allusion ).

Just have patience instead ... and wait and see.

Last edited by andreas; 31 August 2005 at 03:12.
Old 31 August 2005, 12:48   #18
Xenon

Ok

PD: "yes that was a puckish and intentional allusion" . Yes, because here in my town (Pamplona) there are "bulls" 9 days per year and most of the people go drunk to try to watch them, but they don't watch nearly anything, only drink, eat and sing Also, I don't go.

Last edited by Xenon; 31 August 2005 at 12:57.
Old 01 September 2005, 02:31   #19
oldpx

Quote:
it wasnt the f word it was the f letter!!
Care to tell me the more about this difference?
Quote:
why is that then, have you read my auctions?
Maybe because it's linked from a forum I frequently visit. DOH! And
Quote:
if you have then you surely gotta laugh and not get upset with me?
It's not personal but I've no reason to trust you in trade after this incident, that's what I meant by "losing customers". I'm not upset with you but I don't find anything funny about what you're doing and it's not funny when you're the only person having fun. Additionally you wasted your chance to prove your sincerity about the auctions being jokes. They didn't explicitly look like jokes, included false information, was aimed towards wasting people's time and to trick them into paying more than they should but thinking that previous posters didn't, I wanted to offer you a chance to explain yourself, hence the questions. I have my answers and again, it's not about you in person, it's about what you did/'re doing.

Last edited by oldpx; 01 September 2005 at 02:47.

Old 01 September 2005, 15:47   #20
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon
Ok

PD: "yes that was a puckish and intentional allusion" . Yes, because here in my town (Pamplona) there are "bulls" 9 days per year
As if I hadn't known about that!